Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooker
If Hooker from Tenn. is available with our 4th round pick, would you think he could be a great back up for Burrow?

I think he can be a good NFL QB, great athlete.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Stetson Bennet in a later round.

Sent from my moto g 5G (2022) using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
100% would take Hooker in round 4. There's a ton of buzz that he's going to be a late first rounder, so it would be a good investment.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 12:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 100% would take Hooker in round 4.  There's a ton of buzz that he's going to be a late first rounder, so it would be a good investment.

Yeah, I think if Hooker didn't tear his ACL he'd be a 1st round lock. But combine that with his age and most likely needing a red-shirt year to develop/heal pushes him down, but doubt he gets out of the 2nd. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 12:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I think if Hooker didn't tear his ACL he'd be a 1st round lock. But combine that with his age and most likely needing a red-shirt year to develop/heal pushes him down, but doubt he gets out of the 2nd. 

I was listending to Kirwan and Miller yesterday and they said he's been interviewing well.  Said he's the perfect candidate for the move up into the 29-31 range to get the 5th year option.

I wouldn't be shocked to see that happen.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we're end up viewing Hooker as the best qb in this draft class 3 years from now. The big 4 all have major limitations, with perhaps Stroud being the most complete. Richardson is a bust waiting to happen, Young is way too small. I watched Levis in almost every game he played and nothing outside of his physicality screamed first round qb.
Reply/Quote
I wish this FA went a little better and we were going into this draft with not quite as many needed positions. But if Hooker is there in Rd 4 I would love to pick him. He was impressive at Tenn. and if things worked out well we may be able to get a decent haul of picks for him later on.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 10:15 AM)samhain Wrote: I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we're end up viewing Hooker as the best qb in this draft class 3 years from now.  The big 4 all have major limitations, with perhaps Stroud being the most complete.  Richardson is a bust waiting to happen, Young is way too small.  I watched Levis in almost every game he played and nothing outside of his physicality screamed first round qb.

I guess it wouldn't be the most shocking thing. But I do think if the systems are good for them both Stroud and Young will be good. Young may be small but he definitely has the pocket presence "IT" factor.
Reply/Quote
Would be ecstatic with Hook in the 4th, but like others think his upside is too big to last until the late 4th round.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
There's a lot of guys that think he's going to Minnesota or Seattle in Round 1. Wouldn't be shocked. Also - Baltimore being mentioned as well with the Lamar situation.
Reply/Quote