Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hookers and Blow!
So let's say we have 2 receivers on the right/left side. Is it legal for one to run a hook and getting in the way (I know he can't block the defender after 5yds) leaving the 2nd receiver blowing by and having an open field for the deep ball? The receiver would at least get a step or two minimum.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Perhaps, but I would definitely recommend as much protection as possible to see it thru.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Protection is a must. I'm typically for going for the long ball, but in this case hopefully they're thinking bump and run, for reaching pay dirt.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 05:20 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Perhaps, but I would definitely recommend as much protection as possible to see it thru.

They better hope to avoid any false start penalties otherwise the play will be over for them before it started.
Reply/Quote
Well this is disappointing...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If the receivers are close to each other to pull off a rub route like youre suggesting the outside DB plays deeper than rhe inside one because of the pick you mention if they run a deep the corner has time to recognize and defend the route as does a safety depending on the coverage. That's why when running a rub or pick route it's shorter which makes it more 1 on 1. The Patriots and Belicheat run Rub or Pick routes better than any other team in the NFL....sometimes I feel they get away with blocking 5 yards down field alot...

PS. The thread title reminds me of my army recruiter...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Just make sure and be careful. If the referees catch you in any illegal activity, it's their whistle that's gonna' blow.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 06:45 PM)Synric Wrote: If the receivers are close to each other to pull off a rub route like youre suggesting the outside DB plays deeper than rhe inside one because of the pick you mention if they run a deep the corner has time to recognize and defend the route as does a safety depending on the coverage. That's why when running a rub or pick route it's shorter which makes it more 1 on 1. The Patriots and Belicheat run Rub or Pick routes better than any other team in the NFL....sometimes I feel they get away with blocking 5 yards down field alot...

PS. The thread title reminds me of my army recruiter...

However, if double teaming a receiver on the other side? It works!

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 07:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: However, if double teaming a receiver on the other side? It works!

That's what she said.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Man, we really need football to start! TC can't come soon enough, we're going looney.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 05:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So let's say we have 2 receivers on the right/left side. Is it legal for one to run a hook and getting in the way (I know he can't block the defender after 5yds) leaving the 2nd receiver blowing by and having an open field for the deep ball? The receiver would at least get a step or two minimum.

Thread  title of the year.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 11:03 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Thread  title of the year.

The dog marked his territory. LMAO

Reply/Quote
Damn it, I came here expecting hookers and blow or at the very least, Bender.

I've lost all faith in thread titles. Maybe all those threads about Marvin aren't about Marvin after all, now I have to read them all... Damn you Harley!!!! Damn you I say!!!!

[Image: b3f.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I thought this was a thread about Stanley Wilson.

As to the question, I do believe there is a rule that you have to have a two or three yard distance from another player while running routes. You are not allowed to run "Picks" in football like they do in basketball. If they were allowed, we would see it all the time.
Reply/Quote
Came in expecting to see something about PacMan bring arrested again last night. My only thought was "God, I hope he wasn't 'mentoring' Mixon last night."
Reply/Quote
They can do it within the rules if both receivers are good actors and can sell it to the refs as an accident ? Like others said the Patriots get away with it several times a game.

It also helps to set this play up running the same set with both doing short routes a couple times getting the db's to bite thinking hey I've seen this before.

And it also helps to have an OC who has his finger on the pulse of his players and knows what to do to set up the opposing D.
Reply/Quote
Not sure how this disrupts anything. I guess you're assuming man coverage but are they stacked? If they have normal splits then they really won't affect each other. If they were stack one DB would play outside leverage and one inside leverage but have an assigned man. If it's vertical they keep their man if they go in or out they switch off based on who has which leverage.

Play design is based on formation, route combinations and defense type. Each of those things can change and have a very different effect on the success.
Reply/Quote
Hookers and Blow? Is that you Pac Man?
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2017, 09:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Man, we really need football to start!  TC can't come soon enough, we're going looney.

11 short days left. 
If you want time to slow down think about things you look forward to. If you want it to speed up think of things you absolutely dread.
For example, waiting to get out of jail..time slows way down. Dreading going to court for something that might send you to jail makes time speed up. 
There's only one solution then. Go commit some crime you won't be immediately arrested for, but will probably have to do some time in jail over once you go to court. Once in jail you're on your own. You shouldn't have done the crime if you don't want to do the time. 
Just another of my many helpful household hints and a public service I offer free of charge. You can thank me after you get out of jail and the season is over. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
How big is the line?
Reply/Quote