Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope the Ski Trip was....
They wanted to see where the cheese is made that's named after our defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There have been so many articles over the years about these people. Current players, former players, free agents, coaches, ex coaches, other GM’s.... They all say the same things. Why does the NFL not care?
Reply/Quote
It's hard to believe we've ran out of stuff to bytch about, but this thread shows we're getting close.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 09:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's hard to believe we've ran out of stuff to bytch about, but this thread shows we're getting close.

Yeah, we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel to complain about the Brown family, eh?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel to complain about the Brown family, eh?

For going on a ski trip on a bye week? Yes.

Do you disagree or are you just saying? 

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For going on a ski trip on a bye week? Yes.

Do you disagree or are you just saying? 

Meh, I think it's a little sad/funny Katie and Troy are off skiing during the trade deadline when we were trying to convince ourselves they were:

A.  running the show and Mike Brown was letting them make the most recent HC and other decisions
B.  going to be different than Mike Brown

If Troy can get snarky about our FA signings he can wait until the 6 months when the NFL isn't in season to go skiing, right?  I don't rightly care, but I sure wouldn't get on people for rolling their eyes at this sort of thing, that's all.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I think it's a little sad/funny Katie and Troy are off skiing during the trade deadline when we were trying to convince ourselves they were:

A.  running the show and Mike Brown was letting them make the most recent HC and other decisions
B.  going to be different than Mike Brown

If Troy can get snarky about our FA signings he can wait until the 6 months when the NFL isn't in season to go skiing, right?  I don't rightly care, but I sure wouldn't get on people for rolling their eyes at this sort of thing, that's all.

Okey Dokey, we'll just disagree. I think making a deal of it is silly and you think making a deal of it is warranted. 

Reply/Quote
I miss the days when everyone assumed Katie and Troy were running the show and that Katie was some sort of super GM.
Reply/Quote
There were plenty of people in Cincy to handle trade offers and if there was an offer that peak their interest it's very easy to set up a video conference call... you can even shoot it to your big screen and fax the paperwork instantly.

Welcome to the 21st Century.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 10:48 PM)Synric Wrote: There were plenty of people in Cincy to handle trade offers and if there was an offer that peak their interest it's very easy to set up a video conference call... you can even shoot it to your big screen and fax the paperwork instantly.

Welcome to the 21st Century.

Finally, someone gets it.

I've just been following this thread, wondering how people don't realize that in 2019 you can conduct your business from Switzerland just as well as you can in Cincinnati. 

When i first read the story, my knee jerk reaction was, "typical Bengals". After than 5 second delay, i realized that technology means you don't need to be sitting at your desk to do your job. I'm sure they were only a phone call/facetime/video conference/conference call away. Laptops would have all the information on it she would need as well as a way to remote into her workstation at the stadium if necessary. 

This thread is much ado about nothing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 09:45 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: There have been so many articles over the years about these people. Current players, former players, free agents, coaches, ex coaches, other GM’s.... They all say the same things. Why does the NFL not care?

Tiger Not trying to pick an argument, just curious....What is the NFL supposed to do?? 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:50 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger Not trying to pick an argument, just curious....What is the NFL supposed to do?? 

And honestly, why should they care? The league darlings like Steelers, Pats, Cowboys, Packers, etc need bottom feeder teams like the Bengals to beat up on.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 11:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Finally, someone gets it.

I've just been following this thread, wondering how people don't realize that in 2019 you can conduct your business from Switzerland just as well as you can in Cincinnati. 

When i first read the story, my knee jerk reaction was, "typical Bengals". After than 5 second delay, i realized that technology means you don't need to be sitting at your desk to do your job. I'm sure they were only a phone call/facetime/video conference/conference call away. Laptops would have all the information on it she would need as well as a way to remote into her workstation at the stadium if necessary. 

This thread is much ado about nothing. 

That makes sense, but at the same time I can see why regular folk are getting upset about this...mostly because we view the Bengals and their FO as underachieving and when you underachieve you tend to lose privileges to conduct work from another country whilst on vacation.  It's similar to Joe Lunchpail calling in to complain about spoiled athletes who makes zillions "playing a game" being able to demand trades and do other me-first stuff.  We can't do that, so we stomp our feet and say "No fair!" as if life should be fair.

It also reminds me of one of my friends and his brother, who both work for their ol' man, giving me a hard time for not taking a day off of work to go along on some sort of this and that with them.  After trying to brush it off for a while I just shrugged and said "I don't work for my dad, guys!"  Anyways, would it be too morbid to joke about it being a shame Mike Brown wasn't skiing too and something something Sonny Bono?

(11-01-2019, 12:50 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger Not trying to pick an argument, just curious....What is the NFL supposed to do?? 

Maybe nothing...it's hard to say.  The NFL is an oligopoly and the teams/brands and owners are united and connected so I wouldn't say it's impossible to think the NFL might intervene if they can show a league-damaging amount of apathy from Mike Brown.  If the NFL can stop Trump from buying the Bills they can probably do something about an owner coasting for decades at a time.  Never say never, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 11:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That makes sense, but at the same time I can see why regular folk are getting upset about this...mostly because we view the Bengals and their FO as underachieving and when you underachieve you tend to lose privileges to conduct work from another country whilst on vacation.  It's similar to Joe Lunchpail calling in to complain about spoiled athletes who makes zillions "playing a game" being able to demand trades and do other me-first stuff.  We can't do that, so we stomp our feet and say "No fair!" as if life should be fair.

It also reminds me of one of my friends and his brother, who both work for their ol' man, giving me a hard time for not taking a day off of work to go along on some sort of this and that with them.  After trying to brush it off for a while I just shrugged and said "I don't work for my dad, guys!"  Anyways, would it be too morbid to joke about it being a shame Mike Brown wasn't skiing too and something something Sonny Bono?

I'm sure a lot of people in the Cincy area probably like the Colts, Browns, Steelers, or Titans as a result of the performance from the last 28+ years.

The NFL gets the fans some way.
Reply/Quote
If it's me, and my business is failing miserably, I'm certainly in no mood to take a damn vacation. Oh wait, their business isn't failing miserably in their eyes because winning is NOT the priority. Never has been, never will be.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 11:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm sure a lot of people in the Cincy area probably like the Colts, Browns, Steelers, or Titans as a result of the performance from the last 28+ years.

The NFL gets the fans some way.

But they are still letting one of their carefully monitored 32 brands deteriorate.  All 32 teams are under the NFL umbrella and they are very careful on how they let these 32 valuable brands operate as seen by the whole league needing to approve moving a team or changing names/logos etc.

Maybe the Bengals fans who gave up on the team started buying other jerseys and traveling to other stadiums, but it's not likely a 1 to 1 ratio. I can tell you that I know a lot of people who are Steeler fans in the most casual sense but finding someone who still cares about baseball thanks to nearly 30 years of crap Pirates ownership is a difficult task.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 11:22 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That makes sense, but at the same time I can see why regular folk are getting upset about this...mostly because we view the Bengals and their FO as underachieving and when you underachieve you tend to lose privileges to conduct work from another country whilst on vacation.  It's similar to Joe Lunchpail calling in to complain about spoiled athletes who makes zillions "playing a game" being able to demand trades and do other me-first stuff.  We can't do that, so we stomp our feet and say "No fair!" as if life should be fair.

Yeah. I'm not letting them off the hook, per se. It's a bad look for sure, especially for this franchise. Just saying that in this age of technology, it's possible to do their job from half way across the globe. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. I'm not letting them off the hook, per se. It's a bad look for sure, especially for this franchise. Just saying that in this age of technology, it's possible to do their job from half way across the globe. 

Or I'd say it's just as easy for them to do nothing and suck at their job from across the globe.  I'm in tune with the Brown family being not good and being apathetic about stuff like this but the whole ski trip is like...geeez, at least try to look like you care.  Oh well.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 09:45 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote:  Why does the NFL not care?

Why should the NFL care?

There are lots of other teams that have done much worse than the Bengals over the last 15 years.

I think you are greatly overvaluing your victim status.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2019, 12:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why should the NFL care? There are lots of other teams that have done much worse than the Bengals over the last 15 years.

It depends on if the NFL thinks the Bengals are failing for a different reason than those other teams.  
Reply/Quote