Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope we fix the o-line...
Sheesh this o-line is going to get Dalton hurt....Really hope we correct things before next week
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
1. Remind Zeitler that he's playing for a contract similar to what DeCastro just got.
2. Bring in another center to compete.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I might be more concerned about allowing an absurd amount of rushing yards on defense, which is a continuation from last year. But you're right.
Reply/Quote
I genuinely do not know if I can watch next week's game.
Reply/Quote
Don't get me wrong, the o-line looked bad. But I think we may have just played against the best front 7 in the league this year. They were fierce. On that note, our front seven looks horrible. They really need to get their crap together. We need more depth at D line. We are sorely missing Burfict as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: 1. Remind Zeitler that he's playing for a contract similar to what DeCastro just got.
2. Bring in another center to compete.

Bodine looks absolutely atrocious today.  He was consistently getting driven 3-4 yards into the backfield.  That is, when he was not simply being tossed aside.
Reply/Quote
Or knocked to the ground outright.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:40 PM)Emphasis Wrote: I might be more concerned about allowing an absurd amount of rushing yards on defense, which is a continuation from last year. But you're right.

That will be cleaned up when Burfict comes back. He's the leader of the D.
Reply/Quote
I'm not too concerned. The Jets literally have the BEST front 7 in the league, no questions after watching today.

Things will improve, especially when we actually have a running game.... It's easy for an offensive line to struggle when you have absolutely no intention of running the football.

Thankfully, Dalton is a freakin stud.
Reply/Quote
Guys don't worry. PA says Bodine is a really good center, so we'll be fine. It's all in our heads. Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:47 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Guys don't worry. PA says Bodine is a really good center, so we'll be fine. It's all in our heads.  Mellow

Well that's a relief. I thought I seen Dalton get hit 20 times
Reply/Quote
Well conventional wisdom says a team makes its biggest improvement between game 1 and game 2. But not sure all the weeks, days and practices in the world can improve the play of Russell Bodine honestly. Here's to hoping I'm wrong, because if our center can't handle twist stunts, blitzes and the ever popular bull rush then we might as well pack it up offensively.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:40 PM)Emphasis Wrote: I might be more concerned about allowing an absurd amount of rushing yards on defense, which is a continuation from last year. But you're right.

We had the #7 rush defense in the league last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm not too concerned. The Jets literally have the BEST front 7 in the league, no questions after watching today.

Things will improve, especially when we actually have a running game.... It's easy for an offensive line to struggle when you have absolutely no intention of running the football.

Thankfully, Dalton is a freakin stud.

You can't run the ball when your line is getting kicked around and you're averaging two yards per carry.  If you think about it, with the exception of the second half of Hill's rookie season, this team is not very good at running the ball.  I almost feel like they need to accept it and put Dalton in a position like Brady where the game is completely in his hands.
Reply/Quote
Can Atkins play O?

Big Grin
Reply/Quote
The offensive line especially Bodine was really bad today. I am not sure if there is someone else to bring in to look at or possibly trying Westerman or someone else out there but something has got to be done sooner than later. If not Dalton is going to get hurt. Also, on the other side of the ball, the run defense was just as bad. Giving up over 180 yards on the ground is horrendous especially in the division the team is in. It is evident that the defense is not the same without Burfict because the intensity was not there all day. This team did win a really hard fought game but if they continue to play like they did on the offensive and defensive lines, this could be a tough season. However, I would like to give some props to Margus Hunt for how he played today because he was a completely different player than from the preseason and his previous 3 season.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:51 PM)JumboTron Wrote:  if our center can't handle twist stunts, blitzes and the ever popular bull rush then we might as well pack it up offensively.

Yeah, lets bring back our starting center from last year when we had the #7 scoring offense in the league.
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander:

[Image: Everything-is-Fine-Dog.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, lets bring back our starting center from last year when we had the #7 scoring offense in the league.

We get it,We get it, Fred. He was on a good offense last year. But you can't directly are you against the fact that he has been the weak link on the offensive line, and that was very much true But you can't directly are you against the fact that he has been the weak link on the offensive line, and that was very much true today. I'm not sure there's much we can do at this point in the season except hope that he gets his act together.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, lets bring back our starting center from last year when we had the #7 scoring offense in the league.

(09-11-2016, 06:56 PM)treee Wrote: We get it,We get it, Fred. He was on a good offense last year. But you can't directly are you against the fact that he has been the weak link on the offensive line, and that was very much true But you can't directly are you against the fact that he has been the weak link on the offensive line, and that was very much true today. I'm not sure there's much we can do at this point in the season except hope that he gets his act together.

The Bengals should also cut Dalton and sign Peyton Manning out of retirement. He won a SB last year and all accomplishments by a team can be also attributed to any player on said team, despite them being terrible and the team accomplishing things in spite of them rather than because of them, right?

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote