Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope we fix the o-line...
(09-11-2016, 06:56 PM)treee Wrote: We get it,We get it, Fred. He was on a good offense last year. But you can't directly are you against the fact that he has been the weak link on the offensive line, and that was very much true But you can't directly are you against the fact that he has been the weak link on the offensive line, and that was very much true today. I'm not sure there's much we can do at this point in the season except hope that he gets his act together.

Yeah I get it.  Do you?

Why didn't our offense "pack it up" last year when Bodine was the starter?

I have never claimed that Bodine is a great center.  All I ever say is that he is not as bad as many of you claim.

There is no way to defend his play today, but our entire O-line looked like shit.  It is sill to try and act like all the blame is on Bodine.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah I get it.  Do you?

Why didn't our offense "pack it up" last year when Bodine was the starter?

I have never claimed that Bodine is a great center.  All I ever say is that he is not as bad as many of you claim.

There is no way to defend his play today, but our entire O-line looked like shit.  It is sill to try and act like all the blame is on Bodine.

You are right, all the blame is not on him. The interior of the line was very suspect just like in preseason. I agree I don't think I would go so far as to call them abysmal comma but they clearly did not stand up against a very good front 7.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll wait a few weeks before i freak out. I think the Jets D'line is probably top 5 in the entire league. I mean, we already knew Bodine needed replaced and all.

Reply/Quote
Everyone has their own viewpoint and that is fine, but you cannot, in my opinion, say that Russell Bodine is not the weakest link among the five guys we are running out there every Sunday. Snap issues plagued him through preseason last year and into the regular season. Being over-matched and over-whelmed seemed to happen more than it should through most of 2015. He was a clear liability then and it seems like he is even more now.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:47 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Guys don't worry. PA says Bodine is a really good center, so we'll be fine. It's all in our heads.  Mellow

More like...upside Andy's head.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:52 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You can't run the ball when your line is getting kicked around and you're averaging two yards per carry.  If you think about it, with the exception of the second half of Hill's rookie season, this team is not very good at running the ball.  I almost feel like they need to accept it and put Dalton in a position like Brady where the game is completely in his hands.

We are already there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm not too concerned. The Jets literally have the BEST front 7 in the league, no questions after watching today.

Things will improve, especially when we actually have a running game.... It's easy for an offensive line to struggle when you have absolutely no intention of running the football.

Thankfully, Dalton is a freakin stud.

They do have a great front 7, but you're gunna face good defences in January. You can't allow 7 sacks no matter what front 7 you're playing. Though definitely, Jets have a fantastic front 7 and will cause any team problems.

As for what we do, we're probably limited. I personally think Bodine has stunk it up for the most part since we drafted him. I think we HAVE to address that next offseason, he just isn't much good. I doubt we'll find much better than what we have (unless we may a splash in a trade or something), but I think Zeitler is capable he just needs to turn up. I am worried about Centre though.
Reply/Quote
The center of the O-line collapsing on 2 out of every 3 plays is the absolute worst pressure on a QB. It completely disrupts the timing and makes it very hard to recover said timing.

Whether Fred, errrr some want to admit it or not. Bodine is the weak link and it's time PA admits it before Dalton gets killed.

It's hard for the other 4 to make up for the Center getting blowed 4 yards into the backfield nearly every play.
Reply/Quote
to be fair to Zeitler....he had a player in his first real game on one side and Bodine on the other. He's only 1 guy he can't prop up both of them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:37 PM)pally Wrote: to be fair to Zeitler....he had a player in his first real game on one side and Bodine on the other. He's only 1 guy he can't prop up both of them

When his 'first real game,' buddy picks up a stunt beautifully and Zeitler shows that he doesn't even know that it is a stunt, he deserves a flaying.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone miss Andre Smith? I know Andy Dalton sure does..... Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:49 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Anyone miss Andre Smith? I know Andy Dalton sure does..... Smirk

Naw, Ogbuehi truly didn't have a bad game; he was better than serviceable/average.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 07:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Naw, Ogbuehi truly didn't have a bad game; he was better than serviceable/average.

Ogbuihe's mistakes were honest, he had some good plays as well.  Bodine, on the other hand, was just horrible.  I never did think that I would actually see an NFL Center just standing there, pivoting his head each way like he was looking for someone to block, as defenders simply rushed past him.  Unacceptable!

Heck, the least the guy could have done was to at least throw his body in front of someone.  That way, they would at least have to take .5 second to step over his lame ass.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Makes me wonder just how bad TJ Johnson is.....
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 08:03 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Makes me wonder just how bad TJ Johnson is.....

Evidently, he's worse than what we're running with.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I didnt expect much from the run game today with this line, since last year they were 7th attempts, 13th in rushing yards,& tied 20th in avg per run. That to me is very underwhelming when you have Hill & Gio as your two rbs. Actually pretty bad imo.

But I didnt expect to see them crumble so many times in protection today though. Thankfully they wont be facing that front 7 every week, but they still have to better overall from coaching to the lineman.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote