Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopefully No Starters & Mixon Pre 4 Game
We have enough troubles going into Baltimore game. Hill and Bernard dinged up. Eifert dinged up. Pacman suspended. Burfict suspended. There are others dinged up. Can't afford any more key injuries in a stupid Preseason Game 4. Good game to bench the starters and as of now that includes Mixon and maybe Ross. Ross just got over being injured so no play or just a few plays. Let the hacks and scrubs play trying to make team. Second half maybe players they already have on the cut list.

It will still be worth watching the back-up QB's and the kicker battle. Regular Season starts in 7 days and Bengals play in 10 days. No key players should be on the field pre 4. We are going into Baltimore game short handed as it is.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Agree Kevin,

I hope not a single starter takes a snap. There's still plenty of battles going on to make it interesting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 04:43 PM)kevin Wrote: We have enough troubles going into Baltimore game.  Hill and Bernard dinged up. Eifert dinged up.   Pacman suspended. Burfict suspended. There are others dinged up.  Can't afford any more key injuries in a stupid Preseason Game 4.  Good game to bench the starters and as of now that includes Mixon and maybe Ross.  Ross just got over being injured so no play or just a few plays.  Let the hacks and scrubs play trying to make team. Second half maybe players they already have on the cut list.

It will still be worth watching the back-up QB's and the kicker battle.  Regular Season starts in 7 days and Bengals play in 10 days.  No key players should be on the field pre 4.   We are going into Baltimore game short handed as it is.

I think Ross needs to play if he's going to have any kind of significant role this year. I know we don't want him getting re-injured, but he also needs to get up to NFL speed as soon as possible.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
OL still needs the work. They need reps to build continuity, gain confidence as a unit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: OL still needs the work.  They need reps to build continuity, gain confidence as a unit.

Sad
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2017, 04:43 PM)kevin Wrote: We have enough troubles going into Baltimore game.  Hill and Bernard dinged up. Eifert dinged up.   Pacman suspended. Burfict suspended. There are others dinged up.  Can't afford any more key injuries in a stupid Preseason Game 4.  Good game to bench the starters and as of now that includes Mixon and maybe Ross.  Ross just got over being injured so no play or just a few plays.  Let the hacks and scrubs play trying to make team. Second half maybe players they already have on the cut list.

It will still be worth watching the back-up QB's and the kicker battle.  Regular Season starts in 7 days and Bengals play in 10 days.  No key players should be on the field pre 4.   We are going into Baltimore game short handed as it is.

Starters did not see the field expect i believe for Fisher and some of the young guns that are going to see a lot of time Lawson and Willis but overall we rested our main players
Reply/Quote