Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopkins cleared to practice fully
Great sign that Hopkins is fully cleared for practice. I wonder if they will have him play much in preseason or just have him and Burrow work exclusive only in practices. Burrow needs an experienced center to get the adjustments needed on the line so good sign Hopkins is ready to go also especially if we don;t sign Reiter and have to rely on the underperforming Price at center as his backup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 05:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Great sign that Hopkins is fully cleared for practice.  I wonder if they will have him play much in preseason or  just have him and Burrow work exclusive only in practices.  Burrow needs an experienced center to get the adjustments needed on the line so good sign Hopkins is ready to go also especially if we don;t sign Reiter and have to rely on the underperforming Price at center as his backup.

Zach said at his press conference that Trey will be "managed"  especially in early camp.  So look for him to still spend time working on rehab intermixed with practices

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 05:11 PM)pally Wrote: Zach said at his press conference that Trey will be "managed"  especially in early camp.  So look for him to still spend time working on rehab intermixed 
Still great sign he is fully cleared
Reply/Quote
I hope that's the case. Hopkins is a real lynchpin with our current lineup. IMHO
Reply/Quote
As late in the season as he was injured I didn not think he would be able to reurn this soon.
Reply/Quote
Trey is a rock solid pro. Not his fault.he hasnt had
The most talented OGs surrounding him over the past
Few years.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 05:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Great sign that Hopkins is fully cleared for practice.  I wonder if they will have him play much in preseason or  just have him and Burrow work exclusive only in practices.  Burrow needs an experienced center to get the adjustments needed on the line so good sign Hopkins is ready to go also especially if we don;t sign Reiter and have to rely on the underperforming Price at center as his backup.

Hopkins is our highest paid OL so great news. I kept reading lots of posts he would start on PUP and not play for 6 to 8 games. I heard Reiter look was because bad news on Hopkins, I guess some need to look at their sources or realign that Chrystal ball they were using.

Also if healthy, Price becomes a possible trade or cut if he does not step up in camp to prove he is worthy of a spot on the roster.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 07:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hopkins is our highest paid OL so great news. I kept reading lots of posts he would start on PUP and not play for 6 to 8 games. I heard Reiter look was because bad news on Hopkins, I guess some need to look at their sources or realign that Chrystal ball they were using.

Also if healthy, Price becomes a possible trade or cut if he does not step up in camp to prove he is worthy of a spot on the roster.

Are you sure?  I thought that the Reiff deal was a little higher.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 07:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure?  I thought that the Reiff deal was a little higher.

Yes

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 11:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

No.

"cap hit" does not measure what a player earns.

Reiff's contract has a higher yearly average ($7.5M) than Hopkins ($6.65M), and Reiff also makes more money this year ($7.5M to $5.3M).
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 01:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No.

"cap hit" does not measure what a player earns.

Reiff's contract has a higher yearly average ($7.5M) than Hopkins ($6.65M), and Reiff also makes more money this year ($7.5M to $5.3M).

So you ignore all bonuses Fred????

Where did you get 7.5 million? 
Riley Reiff
LT
$1,700,000
$2,750,000
$264,706
-
-
-
-
($5,500,000)
$4,714,705

Right from link, did you read it?

Hopkins got upfront bonus money so yes it is a part of his compensation. So, I strongly disagree, bonuses have to be factored into yearly compensation.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 09:54 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So you ignore all bonuses Fred????

Where did you get 7.5 million? 
Riley Reiff
LT
$1,700,000
$2,750,000
$264,706
-
-
-
-
($5,500,000)
$4,714,705

Right from link, did you read it?

Hopkins got upfront bonus money so yes it is a part of his compensation. So, I strongly disagree, bonuses have to be factored into yearly compensation.
Reiff had a voidable year added to his contact to reduce the cap number.  His signing bonus was 5.5 but it gets split into this year and next year which is a voided year.  Hes still getting 7.5 million his contract was worked to lessen cap hit this year and even though hes not on roster next year he counts for 2.75 mil against next years cap.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 10:04 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Reiff had a voidable year added to his contact to reduce the cap number.  His signing bonus was 5.5 but it gets split into this year and next year which is a voided year.  Hes still getting 7.5 million his contract was worked to lessen cap hit this year and even though hes not on roster next year he counts for 2.75 mil against next years cap.

OK
So, why it Fed using the voidable year for Reiff (he still may play in Cincy in 2022), but ignoring the dead cap hit for Hopkins if he is cut???

Seems to be using the facts, both should be used or none should be used? Bengals used creative method to lower cap hits with both players.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 10:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK
So, why it Fed using the voidable year for Reiff (he still may play in Cincy in 2022), but ignoring the dead cap hit for Hopkins if he is cut???

Seems to be using the facts, both should be used or none should be used? Bengals used creative method to lower cap hits with both players.

i dunno ask fred?  I was just pointing out that Reiff is getting paid 7.5 million this year because you were insinuating that he was not.  Using the cap hit number is a really bad way of arguing anything contract related because cap numbers are so easily manipulated by teams.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 10:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK

I did use both.  Dead money is not an issue because no one has gotten cut.

What is the yearly average for both players?

How much is each one getting paid this year?

I don't see any way to spin it that makes Hopkins paid more than Reiff.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 05:09 PM)pally Wrote:

Fantastic news. Rock On

Was getting worried about Trey Hop. Now I feel better. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 10:04 AM)mikey6866 Wrote: Reiff had a voidable year added to his contact to reduce the cap number.  His signing bonus was 5.5 but it gets split into this year and next year which is a voided year.  Hes still getting 7.5 million his contract was worked to lessen cap hit this year and even though hes not on roster next year he counts for 2.75 mil against next years cap.

Which is why it is a great contract for both sides. If Reiff plays well we will re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
Man, we will argue about anything...and when I say we I mean we.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2021, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Man, we will argue about anything...and when I say we I mean we.

No we dont.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote