Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopkins leaves camp
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/texans-wr-deandre-hopkins-leaves-training-camp-begins-holdout/ar-BBv3aOa?li=BBnb7Kz
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
With all of the money that the Texans have tied up in Osweiller and Watt, did Hopkins actually think he was going to get a big payday, while he is still under contract?

Not sure that this is a fight that he can win.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He'll end up sitting out the season if he isn't careful. He can pull a Carson Palmer though and go elsewhere.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Hmmm. Still under rookie contract.. They call it a contract for a reason.. He's going to ruin his shot at getting a great contract after his rookie contract is up if he's not careful. One off season between now and then and he'll be lucky to get vet minimum..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 01:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: They call it a contract for a reason.. ..

True...well, unless the team wants to void the thing.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 12:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: True...well, unless the team wants to void the thing.

Apparently the only one wanting to void it is Hopkins.. if I were in charge of the team I wouldn't void it.
I get that he's only got a small window of opportunity to make his millions and it can evaporate quickly, but you pays your money and takes your chances like everyone else..
I made a similar mistake at work years ago. It wasn't millions nor sports, but I screwed myself out of a great job..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 03:20 AM)grampahol Wrote: Apparently the only one wanting to void it is Hopkins.. if I were in charge of the team I wouldn't void it.
I get that he's only got a small window of opportunity to make his millions and it can evaporate quickly, but you pays your money and takes your chances like everyone else..
I made a similar mistake at work years ago.  It wasn't millions nor sports, but I screwed myself out of a great job..

So a contract is a contract unless a team wants to void it?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 12:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So a contract is a contract unless a team wants to void it?

Teams can't just void a contract and not pay the player. They can cut a player before a contract is up, but they still owe any guaranteed money. They can obviously not re-sign a player when a contract expires or they can renegotiate an existing contract, but they still owe...owed money, unless it's restructured into the new deal. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote