Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopkins tore his ACL
The hits keep for the Oline. Now we’ll need a new center for most of not all of next season.
Reply/Quote
Good thing we have a first round center on the roster!
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I kinda think we need a new one anyway.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 02:50 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Good thing we have a first round center on the roster!

maybe the new O line coach can get Price to look like a 1st rounder 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 02:50 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Good thing we have a first round center on the roster!

....and a grade A bust.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 02:52 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Honestly, I kinda think we need a new one anyway.

No we don’t. Hopkins is solid. This is terrible news.

Reply/Quote
Rough end of the season for Hopkins. Corey Linsley was already on my FA wishlist, this just makes that desire even stronger.

If Sewell is off the table....

Williams/Thuney/Linsley/XSF or Spain/2nd Round Pick is an OL that they can work with. There's a slew of 2nd round OL talent. Might even be able to get one who slips with their 3rd rounder as backup for Williams or as a RG option.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Price's best performances have come at C. They also have BJ Finney under contract for 2021.
All hope might not be lost when it comes to a stopgap C until Hopkins returns.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ive already been praying for us to sign Corey Linsley so maybe with this injury it may be a remote possibility.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 03:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Price's best performances have come at C. They also have BJ Finney under contract for 2021.
All hope might not be lost when it comes to a stopgap C until Hopkins returns.

I can already see how this plays out: They start Price, he’s awful for 4-5 weeks. They finally make the switch to Finney, who’s clearly better, and should have been playing the entire time. But the damage is done, and we’re already in a huge hole.

And while Price was better at center than he was guard (very low bar), he still wasn’t good. He had a pass protection grade of 18 in his best game...

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 03:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can already see how this plays out: They start Price, he’s awful for 4-5 weeks. They finally make the switch to Finney, who’s clearly better, and should have been playing the entire time. But the damage is done, and we’re already in a huge hole.

And while Price was better at center than he was guard (very low bar), he still wasn’t good. He had a pass protection grade of 18 in his best game...

That's false, at least for when he was full-time starter at C.
2018:
Snaps = 558
overall grade = 55.6
pass block = 66.0
run block = 57.3
Penalties = 7
Sacks = 1
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I still think he's a backup a best!! I'm all for upgrading 2-3 spots on the line next year anyways. To me I would like to see:

LT- Williams
LG- XSF
C- Tyler Shatley-(Jaguars)
RG- Jermaine Elumanur-(Patriots)
RT- Liam Eichenberg-(ND)

-Backups

1) F.Johnson-T
2) H. Adeniji-T
3) draft pick G
4) B.Price G/C
5) T.Hopkins-C/G most likely PUP list.

Cuts:

1) B.Hart-5.9
2) M.Johnson- 850k
3) BJ Finney- 3.5
=@ 10 million, that will go towards the FA upgrades on the O-Line
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 02:49 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The hits keep for the Oline. Now we’ll need a new center for most of not all of next season.

dammit...oh well that will give Hobson another reason to explain away another season of inferior OL play this time next year (hopkins + williams injury)
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 03:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's false, at least for when he was full-time starter at C.
2018:
Snaps = 558
overall grade = 55.6
pass block = 66.0
run block = 57.3
Penalties = 7
Sacks = 1

I’m talking about his single game grade against the Titans (that he got a game ball for).

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 03:22 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I still think he's a backup a best!! I'm all for upgrading 2-3 spots on the line next year anyways. To me I would like to see:

LT- Williams
LG- XSF
RT- Liam Eichenberg-(ND)

-Backups

1) F.Johnson-T
2) H. Adeniji-T
3) draft pick G
4) B.Price G/C

Cuts:

1) B.Hart-5.9
2) M.Johnson- 850k
3) BJ Finney- 3.5

Hopkins is a backup, but you want XSF starting? Give me the former as a starter over the the latter any day.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 03:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m talking about his single game grade against the Titans (that he got a game ball for).

But his best games at C came in 2018.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 03:22 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I still think he's a backup a best!! I'm all for upgrading 2-3 spots on the line next year anyways. To me I would like to see:

LT- Williams
LG- XSF
RT- Liam Eichenberg-(ND)

-Backups

1) F.Johnson-T
2) H. Adeniji-T
3) draft pick G
4) B.Price G/C

Cuts:

1) B.Hart-5.9
2) M.Johnson- 850k
3) BJ Finney- 3.5

Mike Brown is that you?  That starting line doesnt look much better than what we got.  My definition and your definition of upgrade seem a little different.

We need to add one of : Lindsey, Thuney, Moton or Scherff.  Quit going for stop gaps and pay somebody thats actually worth the money.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 03:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ok. Not really sure why that matters TBH. Look at his body of work at the position, not a single game. And at C, he's been ok. He's just been a terrible G.

He will need to get us through 4-6 games, I think that is possible and honestly if we invest in better quality guards he may look a lot better and become a tradeable asset at the deadline. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 03:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: He will need to get us through 4-6 games, I think that is possible and honestly if we invest in better quality guards he may look a lot better and become a tradeable asset at the deadline. 

Yep.
And I know people want to just draft a new guy all the time, but the Bengals don't have enough draft picks to draft someone for every position nor will they have enough cap space to sign a ton of guys in FA. We are going to have to live with some of these mediocre guys for another season whether we like it or not.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote