Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horde and Lapham basically called out the team last night
Not sure if anybody listened but they both sounded pretty disgusted last night Horde even said something along the lines of the Bengals found another was to have a meltdown and the Steelers leave town laughing. This is when you know it’s bad
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Meltdown is an understatement...when your entire fanbase can script out the new and inventive ways you will find to lose key games you are a train wreck...at no time in Marcin Lewis tenure have I felt like he had an answer in critical games...when you struggle to manage the clock at key moments you definitely can't manage pressure situations for play calls or situational football...this game is made really hard by our staff and it starts with Marvin...beating dead horse but he is inept and a figurehead that has no control....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Yeah we just have a loser and a pu*** for a head coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 08:04 AM)jarrod.gower76 Wrote: Meltdown is an understatement...when your entire fanbase can script out the new and inventive ways you will find to lose key games you are a train wreck...at no time in Marcin Lewis tenure have I felt like he had an answer in critical games...when you struggle to manage the clock at key moments you definitely can't manage pressure situations for play calls or situational football...this game is made really hard by our staff and it starts with Marvin...beating dead horse but he is inept and a figurehead that has no control....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The players too...especially the key leadership position.
Reply/Quote
Snatched a loss from the jaws of victory

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not down on them too hard for this game. They won it, the refs took away the winning touchdown for a non-exisistent holding call on Gio. Yeah, it would have been nice if WJ3 or Jordan Evans would have pushed Bell out of bounds instead of letting him run into the end zone, but overall, I thought the team played much better. The problem is still coaching.
Reply/Quote
That's because Marvin sucks, Dalton isn't a playmaker, green isn't clutch like Antonio brown, and the defense melts down.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:29 AM)Trademark Wrote: Not sure if anybody listened but they both sounded pretty disgusted last night Horde even said something along the lines of the Bengals found another was to have a meltdown and the Steelers leave town laughing. This is when you know it’s bad

They both need to check themselves.  I saw a Bengal team execute a good game plan and out play the steelers in every way.  The only problem was the officiating.  When WJIII was given an unsportsmanlike call early (for something incredibly stupid), he was so afraid to lay out Bell tip toeing down the sideline that Bell scored.

The bogus PI call against Dre (perfect coverage), roughing the Pig when he basically flopped that would make a FIFA star proud, and the lack of holding calls (Geno was literally tackled all night....not one hold called...tell me if you have seen this before).  

The hold called on Gio was a simple block.  Didn't hold at all.  Unfuckingbelievable.  

The Bengals played a much better, mistake-free game.  They just lacked the officiating help the steelers got, plain and simple.

I can't wait for the vines of steeler holds, and someone needs to make one of the Dre PI call in the fourth quarter.

One of the, if not the, worst officiated games I have ever seen.  And douchey Marv won't do a damn thing about it.  
Reply/Quote
Meltdown yes and yet another beatdown. By my count Steelers took out Burfict and Mixon two of our top stars, and Bengals were unable to take any of their players out once again. Can't count Shazier as he did that to himself.

Steelers straight beat down the Bengals and indeed were seen laughing and mocking the Bengals after the game.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
You can make excuses all you want but this is what the fourth game we have lost by three points this year. At some point if you want to go anywhere you have to win a close ball game against a good team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
NWWFL
Reply/Quote
This team deserves it. They have no killer instinct. The coaching staff (as always) likes to back off with a lead. Then, our head coach made his usual no halftime adjustments and the team didn't play well in the second half. Lewis seems oblivious to the fact that the team needs to continue to score in the second half as well. It's ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They both need to check themselves.  I saw a Bengal team execute a good game plan and out play the steelers in every way.  The only problem was the officiating.  When WJIII was given an unsportsmanlike call early (for something incredibly stupid), he was so afraid to lay out Bell tip toeing down the sideline that Bell scored.

The bogus PI call against Dre (perfect coverage), roughing the Pig when he basically flopped that would make a FIFA star proud, and the lack of holding calls (Geno was literally tackled all night....not one hold called...tell me if you have seen this before).  

The hold called on Gio was a simple block.  Didn't hold at all.  Unfuckingbelievable.  

The Bengals played a much better, mistake-free game.  They just lacked the officiating help the steelers got, plain and simple.

I can't wait for the vines of steeler holds, and someone needs to make one of the Dre PI call in the fourth quarter.

One of the, if not the, worst officiated games I have ever seen.  And douchey Marv won't do a damn thing about it.  

I agree with you about the bad calls.   I also think that two unsportsmanlike violations committed by the same person on the same play should both be enforced, which would have had a significant impact and was well deserved.  I've never seen Tez both unnecessarily drill someone and immediately follow it up with a blatant taunt (but it WAS old school - I think of the hit on Frank Gifford).  Even the announcers were disgusted by and outspoken about the meddling of the officials.  Shameful.

But ultimately the Bengals have no one but themselves to blame for the loss.  They had it within their power to finish the game and they did not.
  • For Jackson not to reach out and simply shove Bell out of bounds was unforgivably stupid.   That one mistake cost us the game.
  • For Green and LaFelle to just boot their receptions out of the fear of being hit was mentally soft  - the earmark of losing football teams
  • The blocking on special teams was pathetic.  Erikson literally had nowhere to go.
  • If our defensive backs gang tackled like the Steelers there would have been much fewer receptions and a reluctance to extend themselves to catch the ball.
  • And really our tackling continues to be atrocious - especially Dre - who just needs to be canned.   He is a sub par CB.  He had one really good play - and was penalized for it (grrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
  • Iloka was more concerned about putting a hurt on Brown (twice) than making a play.   Stupid.
  • And the defensive backfield completely went to mush once Burfict was off the field.
The difference between a win or no win was between the ears and in the heart.   The Steelers just willed themselves to take control of the game and win.   We got mentally lazy and soft and gave the game away.

We have the talent.  And in general (with some obvious exceptions) the O-line played well enough to win.   But our wide receiver room greatly let us down.  And Kirkpatrick needs replaced.

I will say that a lot of players played really well.  Dalton, despite a couple of errant long balls, played really well.  Gio was a beast, Mixon was awesome, Tez was AWESSOME, Kroft was great and reliable, Hewitt was Hewitt and the O-line came to play and was much improved. 

There was a lot to be encouraged about, but the failures were just so glaring and embarrassing.
I thought until - and even after - Iloka made his bone headed play in the first half we played a heck of a game.  But when it came to crunch time, the Steelers were just mentally tougher than us.   It has usually been this way.
Reply/Quote