Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horrible start to the day.
Today was supposed to be a good day. Got the day off from work, gonna go to York to sign the lease on our new apartment, got the cable company coming today and finish cleaning/packing before going to bed to move everything in tomorrow.

It started yesterday as my wife is having issues at work (the director of the day care she works at has no business being a director) and then, after a really bad day at work, last night, my wife finds out her cousin died from a drug overdose (on his way to rehab no less).

This morning after trying to get excited for the move again, we walk outside and, lo and behold, the car has a flat tire. And it turns out the spare is extremely rust covered and I'm not comfortable using it. My wife is freaking out because she's going to be late which she believes will reflect poorly on her (it's a long story, but it goes back to the shitty director) and I can't get ahold of anyone to take me to get a new tire.

Fortunately, my mother-in-law is off today and can take my wife to work so she may not be late at all (but probably will be a few minutes late). I drove on a flat tire about a mile to the nearest tire shop. He said it'll take an hour so I'm a little worried I'll get to York late, the cable guy will actually be early and I won't be able to get the cable installed any time soon.

So here I sit, waiting for a new tire, sharing my misery with you guys. How's YOUR day going? Any one-uppers want to top this?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'll come and get you to go get a tire, send me a PM.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw your location. You could walk and get your tire and back by the time I got there.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 10:39 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I'll come and get you to go get a tire, send me a PM.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw your location. You could walk and get your tire and back by the time I got there.
Thanks anyway.

Reply/Quote
I stuck a dollar in the vending machine and it gave me a candy bar and a dollar...

So I guess I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum today.. but I'm sure it will change..
Reply/Quote
Happy Friday the 13th!

Seriously, though, everything that can go wrong here at work, seems to be going wrong. Lots of details that wouldn't mean much of anything to anyone else, though, so I won't bother.
Reply/Quote
We could have a baby today. The wife's feeling pretty uncomfortable and looking like she's ready to pop at any minute. She's out running a few last minute errands today so I told her to bring a jar of pickles everywhere she went just in case her water breaks.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 02:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: We could have a baby today. The wife's feeling pretty uncomfortable and looking like she's ready to pop at any minute. She's out running a few last minute errands today so I told her to bring a jar of pickles everywhere she went just in case her water breaks.
If the baby's born today, you HAVE to name it Philip. Even if it's a girl. You don't have a choice; toy agreed when you posted in this thread. Read the fine print.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 03:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If the baby's born today, you HAVE to name it Philip. Even if it's a girl. You don't have a choice; toy agreed when you posted in this thread. Read the fine print.

Philip Voorhees

Or Philippine Voorhees
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2017, 03:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: If the baby's born today, you HAVE to name it Philip. Even if it's a girl. You don't have a choice; toy agreed when you posted in this thread. Read the fine print.

I told the wife that if we have it today, its going to be Jason.  Or if we have it on Halloween, its going to be Michael.  Then she mockingly said what about Freddie?  I said no, it can't be that, we don't live on Elm Street.

Philip is a fine name.  I had it my top 5 list for a long time.  I liked the idea of the nickname, Lip.  From Shameless.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote