Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hostile Environment on Sunday?
(12-09-2022, 05:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I hope that we end Watson’s career. So ugly that the broadcast cuts away. And I hope that the crowd cheers it. How’s that for hostile?

That is, indeed, hostile.   I'd say a lot of fans won't admit it, but they would not lose any sleep if "therapist " played his last down of football(and they got to see it happen).
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
If i was going I’d definitely be in Watson’s ear

Football ain’t no nice, mushy friendly game. If you got baggage best believe fans are gonna let you know.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 05:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I hope that we end Watson’s career. So ugly that the broadcast cuts away. And I hope that the crowd cheers it. How’s that for hostile?

I understand your sentiment, but this creates the potential for bad karma.  This team is trying to win a Super Bowl.  I don't want that evil on us.

I remember wishing for years that our players would injure Steeler players in return for all they did to ours. Then they did, and we got hosed out of a playoff race that I felt the Bengals had a real chance in. I will never wish physical injury on an opposing player. I'm not a moralist, and I don't think I'm better than anyone that does. I'm just mega-superstitious and don't want that foul juju on this team.

I take this shit seriously. My wife went to two games with me last year. They lost both. She hasn't been invited back.
Reply/Quote
I think it's safe to say that the Browns' QB will receive some very rude treatment, on and off the field, on Sunday. Yes, it's elementary, my dear Watson.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 06:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At first, whenever I'd read Paycor Stadium, I'd be like "what the hell is Paycor Stadium," but it's growing on me. 

The Paul Brown Stadium name just feels outdated and like part of our past that we don't even want to think about because it's the Joe Burrow era now.

I'm PRAYING that we go crazy (when we're on defense) so that they know that we're going to own them every game we play for at least the next ten years! 

Get in Watson's head and let him know that it's the rules of The Jungle and he'll get Jungle justice for his crimes!

This may be your worse take yet B.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 03:49 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: This may be your worse take yet B.

Which part and how do you figure?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 10:01 PM)samhain Wrote: I understand your sentiment, but this creates the potential for bad karma.  This team is trying to win a Super Bowl.  I don't want that evil on us.

I remember wishing for years that our players would injure Steeler players in return for all they did to ours. Then they did, and we got hosed out of a playoff race that I felt the Bengals had a real chance in. I will never wish physical injury on an opposing player. I'm not a moralist, and I don't think I'm better than anyone that does. I'm just mega-superstitious and don't want that foul juju on this team.

I take this shit seriously. My wife went to two games with me last year. They lost both. She hasn't been invited back.

Who the hell let her go to the second game?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 05:12 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Which part and how do you figure?

"Paycor Stadium it's growing on me."

"The Paul Brown Stadium name just feels outdated and like part of our past that we don't even want to think about"

Those 

[Image: and-thats-the-bottom-line-because-i-said-so.gif]
Reply/Quote
Morning boys I have a spare for tomorrow if anyone is thinking about going and not wanting to pay extortionate prices on TM it’s in section 154 row 17.

Only want what I paid for it so 240 dollars, if anyone or their family wants it drop us a dm.

As for Watson I hope there are 60 thousand people chanting no means no the disgusting prick.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 03:12 PM)Science Friction Wrote: For the Brownies and Watson, of course.  Something tells me , and I could be wrong, that the fans are gonna be rabid this Sunday. First off , Bengals' fans hate the Browns anyway. Plus, you have this losing streak to them that has Bengals' fans even more pissed than usual. Plus, you have  Therapist at QB, which is gonna draw the ire of the many thousands of fans in the stadium. Last week, Watson was going up against a shitty team and the one he most recently played for.  He had his sympathizers  in Houston. This week, he won't be getting any Jungle Love(thank you Steve Miller) from the fans at Paycor.  I look for the knives to be out(maybe not literally) for the Browns and Watson. It will be loud and very hostile, in my opinion. I know from just watching some of the Browns' game last week with some people around here how venomous and hostile  the words shouted at Watson were,  and I'm 170 miles away from Cincinnati.

I think the Browns and Watson get no mercy on Sunday. Gonna  be a bad scene if you're a Browns' fan.  What do you all think?  Particularly hostile on Sunday???

With every seat sold out by season ticket holders, I can't see too many of them selling this weekend (cold but dry, also).  Any Browns fans that managed to get tickets early on might be looking to sell their tickets as well.  Sure, there will be some, but I think this has all the makings of a revenge game.  

Best scenario for Bengals is to get the ball first, score twice before Browns can get any points, and unleash the hounds on Watson as he will be forced to pass.  That could be really fun to watch.  
Reply/Quote
I don't mind Paycor Stadium. It's no worse than M&T, Sofi, whatever Heinz is called now. I do think they should name the field Paul Brown Field at Paycor Stadium. That keeps the link to the past and the homage going.
Reply/Quote
Not since the POS Michael Vick, has a bigger douche bag lined up behind center...

[Image: SADmqYdWBHvSuDb-800x450-noPad.jpg?1530476882]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 06:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At first, whenever I'd read Paycor Stadium, I'd be like "what the hell is Paycor Stadium," but it's growing on me. 

The Paul Brown Stadium name just feels outdated and like part of our past that we don't even want to think about because it's the Joe Burrow era now.

I'm PRAYING that we go crazy (when we're on defense) so that they know that we're going to own them every game we play for at least the next ten years! 

Get in Watson's head and let him know that it's the rules of The Jungle and he'll get Jungle justice for his crimes!

Could not disagree more, the reason we are seeing Joe Burrow is because of Paul Brown,, Joe is part of history  of Bengals but Paul Brown is the history of the Bengals..
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 01:16 PM)Rattler Wrote: Not since the POS Michael Vick, has a bigger douche bag lined up behind center...

Def didn't need to see that this morning. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 03:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Def didn't need to see that this morning. 

I def didn't need to see that ever in my life............
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 06:45 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Brad, I love and respect you, but paying homage to the past is something we do to honor the legacy of those who have come before.

Were it not for the Brown family, specifically Paul Brown, it would have been the Indianapolis Bengals.  Or the Nashville Bengals.  Or the Baltimore Bengals.  

Of course it's the Joe Burrow era.  And selling the naming rights is something that had to be done.  But it will always be Paul Brown's Bengals.  And to me and a lot of others, it will always be Paul Brown Stadium.

Well said Speedy and hope you bro's and gal's are extremely hostile on Sunday against theRapist and the Stains. Mellow
Reply/Quote