Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Take - John Ross has big day today
Has a WR not named AJ had that many yards in a game during the Dalton era?

I know Jones had a couple big games, but that many?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has a WR not named AJ had that many yards in a game during the Dalton era?

MLJ had TD games, not yards games.

Sanu had a decent yards game against the Falcons in 2014, but even then, don't think it was over 100.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has a WR not named AJ had that many yards in a game during the Dalton era?

Boyd went over a thou last year and missed a couple games, so he must have had a hundred plus game or two in there somewhere.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:00 PM)McC Wrote: It's not really being happy at the outcome.  It's being more like encouraged by the many positives. 

Would you really have thought the whole game would have come down to a couple plays?  How many people even thought the game would be close enough for that to even be a possibility?

Exactly  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:08 PM)McC Wrote: Boyd went over a thou last year and missed a couple games, so he must have had a hundred plus game or two in there somewhere.

Ugh; what a miss (by myself).

Have I already blocked out last year? lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:08 PM)McC Wrote: Boyd went over a thou last year and missed a couple games, so he must have had a hundred plus game or two in there somewhere.

Right, but more than 158 in a game?

Reply/Quote
Just looked, nope. 138 was Boyd’s best in 2018.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 12:01 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I have a gut feeling that John Ross will have a big game today. ZT knows how and plans to use him. Back when he called Ross , it revived him, I think this kid just needed someone who knew how to use him and believed in his skill set & ability.

So who do you like this week?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Most people here who give Ross shit have just given up on him.  

But it is strange how a few seem to actually enjoy his failure.

Yes, spot on.

I started a thread about it and to date, the haters still hating with the few exceptions of apologies or eating crew of fans who never hated him, but were extremely critical of him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right, but more than 158 in a game?

Since 2011 Green has 8 games with more yards than Ross had Sunday, and 10 total games with 150+.

Jerome Simpson is the only other Bengals with a 150+ receiving game (152 v Ravens week 11 2011) since Green arrived.

Let's hope Ross is more like "the next A J Green" than "the next Jerome Simpson".
Reply/Quote
This is alarming, with Ross's reputation of "giving up" easily. Hopefully he doesnt give up/get lazy for the season once he gets 800-1000 yrds by game 8 at this pace.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 10:29 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: This is alarming, with Ross's reputation of "giving up" easily. Hopefully he doesnt give up/get lazy for the season once he gets 800-1000 yrds by game 8 at this pace.

Are you a paid troll of John Ross or just a troll enquiring minds would like to know?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Most people here who give Ross shit have just given up on him.  

But it is strange how a few seem to actually enjoy his failure.

It's the same with Dalton.  All the hate for certain players gets old.  I'm not the biggest fan of Dre, but I don't crap on him every chance I get.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 12:01 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I have a gut feeling that John Ross will have a big game today. ZT knows how and plans to use him. Back when he called Ross , it revived him, I think this kid just needed someone who knew how to use him and believed in his skill set & ability.

Well you nailed it buddy.   :andy:
Reply/Quote