Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
House GOP refuses to boost funding for election security
(08-24-2018, 08:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-blocks-bill-protect-elections-173459278.html

Unlike the other proposals I said I was against due to grandstanding, this one seems sensible and very low to no costs involved.

"“We cannot support legislation with inappropriate mandates or that moves power or funding from the states to Washington for the planning and operation of elections,” she added. However, the White House gave no specifics on what parts of the bill it objected to."

The issue I have with that is that the elections effected are for the U.S. Congress and President. So there should be more oversight involved from DC with a better ability to share information.

Also I said years ago it was a mistake to go to a paper-less voting system with only an electronic trail. But like anything in the U.S. anymore cost-effective methods/products are used instead of better ones.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/28/republicans-demand-federal-investigation-kentucky-secretary-state-alison-lundergan-grimes/1117804002/

Figured this could go here as well as anywhere. Most likely only a few KY natives will care about this one, but it appears Grimes may be up to no good.

After reading this, my wife stated that she received a letter from Grimes stating she was ineligible to vote because of registration issues, back a few years ago. It was baseless

Perhaps someone with more familiarity with the KY political climate can weigh in; but reset assured I will query my democratic relatives that are heavily involved in KY politics this upcoming weekend at the family reunion.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-28-2018, 07:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/28/republicans-demand-federal-investigation-kentucky-secretary-state-alison-lundergan-grimes/1117804002/

Figured this could go here as well as anywhere. Most likely only a few KY natives will care about this one, but it appears Grimes may be up to no good.

After reading this, my wife stated that she received a letter from Grimes stating she was ineligible to vote because of registration issues, back a few years ago. It was baseless

Perhaps someone with more familiarity with the KY political climate can weigh in; but reset assured I will query my democratic relatives that are heavily involved in KY politics this upcoming weekend at the family reunion.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-28-2018, 07:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Way to bury the lead. But yes, we have great fun bringing each other to task.

(08-28-2018, 07:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/28/republicans-demand-federal-investigation-kentucky-secretary-state-alison-lundergan-grimes/1117804002/

Which accusation most concerns you?
(08-29-2018, 12:06 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Which accusation most concerns you?

Yeah, I'm missing something here.  She seems to be doing what she can to tighten security and ensure a better/safer election.

Sure there are allegations, but shouldn't we "wait and see"?   Mellow

Maybe she needs to work with the russians to make everyone happy? Smirk
(08-29-2018, 12:06 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Which accusation most concerns you?

This one:
Dearing did accuse Grimes’ office of using the state’s voter registration database for “inappropriate reasons,” but did not spell out what those were.

It has to do with letters that were mailed out to some voters. Apparently, they were given an erroneous status on their eligibility to vote.

(08-29-2018, 07:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, I'm missing something here.  She seems to be doing what she can to tighten security and ensure a better/safer election.

Not sure what you could be missing:

Accusations are made, evidence pro/con is gathered and presented, a determination is made.

That's how it works in most cases.

(08-29-2018, 11:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what you could be missing:

Accusations are made, evidence pro/con is gathered and presented, a determination is made.

You forget, bfine, that some can only form opinions on an issue when it negatively affects the "other side". When it's their side, then they have to wait and see until ALL evidence is presented.  ThumbsUp

(08-29-2018, 07:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, I'm missing something here.  She seems to be doing what she can to tighten security and ensure a better/safer election.

(08-29-2018, 11:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what you could be missing:

ThumbsUp
(08-29-2018, 02:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You forget, bfine, that some can only form opinions on an issue when it negatively affects the "other side". When it's their side, then they have to wait and see until ALL evidence is presented.  ThumbsUp

Oh!  You mean like all those on the "other side" that want to clean up the voting rolls that was not a problem until yesterday?

Or the "voter fraud" that the "other side" has claimed for years but just can't seem to prove?

"other side"
(08-29-2018, 02:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  You mean like all those on the "other side" that want to clean up the voting rolls that was not a problem until yesterday?

Or the "voter fraud" that the "other side" has claimed for years but just can't seem to prove?

"other side"

This is why I never specified which 'side' since people on BOTH sides are prone to being overly judgmental against the "other side" while overly defensive of their side.
(08-29-2018, 02:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: ThumbsUp

Outstanding display of the quote function; as well as that of the bold font and smiley thingy functions. I have 0 idea what the point was, but good work.

(08-29-2018, 04:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Outstanding display of the quote function; as well as that of the bold font and smiley thingy functions. I have 0 idea what the point was, but good work.

I'll translate for ya!

You posted a story about accusations...ones you will "have a talk with" people about!  This weekend!

I said we usually have to "wait and see".

You responded we would have to wait and see.

Thanks for playing.  enjoy your year's supply of Rice a Roni!

Why query democrats when the mailings when the conservative group Judicial Watch were the ones who insisted on the mailings.  Seems like the Republicans are the ones behind this purge of voter rolls.
(08-29-2018, 04:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'll translate for ya!

You posted a story about accusations...ones you will "have a talk with" people about!  This weekend!

I said we usually have to "wait and see".

You responded we would have to wait and see.

Thanks for playing.  enjoy your year's supply of Rice a Roni!

It's either all that or you replied to comment on my post in your usually trollish fashion, in a failed attempt at wit.

GMDino Wrote:Yeah, I'm missing something here.  She seems to be doing what she can to tighten security and ensure a better/safer election.

Sure there are allegations, but shouldn't we "wait and see"?   [Image: indifferent0012.gif]

Maybe she needs to work with the russians to make everyone happy? [Image: dO89fQF.gif]

Yep; as I expected. Kudos to Hollo for calling you out on it in another thread.

(08-29-2018, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why query democrats when the mailings when the conservative group Judicial Watch were the ones who insisted on the mailings.  Seems like the Republicans are the ones behind this purge of voter rolls.

Because as I said; they are heavily involved in KY state politics. Being Military my whole live I tend to focus more on Federal politics.

(08-29-2018, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's either all that or you replied to comment on my post in your usually trollish fashion, in a failed attempt at wit.

Yep; as I expected. Kudos to Hollo for calling you out on it in another thread.

Mellow

But I digress...I responded directly to you for your knee jerk-i'm-gonna-talk-to-someone-this-weekend response followed by your we need to wait and see response as if I had not just said that.

Please, continue....
(08-29-2018, 05:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because as I said; they are heavily involved in KY state politics. Being Military my whole life I tend to focus more on Federal politics.

Im the same way. Which is why i have been concerned about a nationwide republican effort to purge voters.
https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/472653-gop-criticizes-pelosi-for-sidelining-election-security-for-impeachment?fbclid=IwAR3ZG4Nen5lU1P_sV7XEjSJ6yuWj1uhGrzV8enqbHLeGcRT3BhNETl78NYA

House Republicans are accusing House Democrats of being more concerned about impeachment than passing legislation to increase election security.

A House aide shot back and pointed out that Republicans have failed to hold any hearings on the issue (something Democrats have done) and that Democrats have passed 3 bills, all of which McConnell refused to give a vote to.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]