Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field
(06-14-2017, 07:37 PM)Vlad Wrote: Be clear, violent or peaceful?

Many liberals believe violent protests are justified.

I've been completely clear  that violence is wrong.

Repeatedly.

So be quiet.

Thanks. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-14-2017, 10:05 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Nervous

Sorry. I typed it so quick, I didn't look it over. That should be "no casualties". Thank you for calling it out, though (sincerely).

(06-14-2017, 10:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He's a cold hearted bastard that one.

True, but not in this instance. Just a cold-hearted error-maker here.  ThumbsUp

(06-14-2017, 10:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm reasonably sure he meant "no fatalities".  I know you knew that though.

Hopefully no one is fatally or permanently injured.  The fallout from this should be... interesting?  A lot will depend on the shooter and their motivation.

Yes, sir. Thank you for the benefit of the doubt.  ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-14-2017, 09:01 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Sorry. I typed it so quick, I didn't look it over. That should be "no casualties". Thank you for calling it out, though (sincerely).

True, but not in this instance. Just a cold-hearted error-maker here.  ThumbsUp

Yes, sir. Thank you for the benefit of the doubt.  ThumbsUp

Being BZ. I actually read it the way you meant it. Didn't realize the error until called out. Pretty sure most were on the same page.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-14-2017, 08:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How would anyone know of your concern and sympathy for the victims?  You literally haven't written a single sentence expressing any concern or sympathy for the victims before performing the same ol' song and dance.

This is why I rarely comment in threads like this.

Gee I didn't know this was a condolences only thread.

My being sympathetic goes without saying.. I don't have to prove to anyone how morally awesome I am....unlike some here who avoid acknowledging the motives of one of their own by hiding behind their moral awesomeness....  equal to having your heads buried in the sand.
(06-14-2017, 09:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've been completely clear  that violence is wrong.

Repeatedly.

So be quiet.

Thanks. ThumbsUp

But what about violence during protests? Be clear.

Stealing is wrong too, but there exists a high level of forgiveness for a poor person who steals because he is hungry.

"Repeatedly". Lol
(06-14-2017, 10:43 PM)Vlad Wrote: But what about violence during protests? Be clear.

Stealing is wrong too, but there exists a high level of forgiveness for a poor person who steals because he is hungry.

"Repeatedly". Lol

Personally, I think violence during protests is totally ignorant. Instead of making a point, you only make new enemies.

Doesn't make much sense to me. 

Maybe I would feel differently if we had a brutal, authoritarian government. But we don't, so....
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Not a shock honestly.

Every one of our intelligence agencies said Russia interferred. The goal was to help Trump.

Trump fires the guy investigating him.
Our head law enforcement figure knows nothing.
Trump has a dictator-like ass kiss fest broadcast on tv.
A "leaker" was thrown in jail for releasing more information to the public about how deep the election hacking went.

From the party that gave us bush-cheney wmd's and kbr we now have a guy with more russian ties than political experience who lies every time he speaks to us.

Half the country is on edge. And most people didnt vote for him.

He could talk like a respectable adult and win some people over. Or tweet like a clown and contradict the words coming from everbody else on his staff. He chose the later.
(06-14-2017, 11:09 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Not a shock honestly.

Every one of our intelligence agencies said Russia interferred. The goal was to help Trump.

Trump fires the guy investigating him.
Our head law enforcement figure knows nothing.
Trump has a dictator-like ass kiss fest broadcast on tv.
A "leaker" was thrown in jail for releasing more information to the public about how deep the election hacking went.

From the party that gave us bush-cheney wmd's and kbr we now have a guy with more russian ties than political experience who lies every time he speaks to us.

Half the country is on edge. And most people didnt vote for him.

He could talk like a respectable adult and win some people over. Or tweet like a clown and contradict the words coming from everbody else on his staff. He chose the later.

Careful brother, you're really going over to the darkside here.  There's disinformation in your post but I'll merely point out that this kind of post is exactly the same as muslims who say, "Yeah they shouldn't have killed all those people at Charlie Hedbo, but you have to understand that we find drawing Muhammad to be very offensive"

The minute you start justifying violence against political opponents is the minute you join the wrong side.
We'll, white dudes with guns continue to be the biggest threat around here.

Better go build us a wall.
(06-14-2017, 11:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Careful brother, you're really going over to the darkside here.  There's disinformation in your post but I'll merely point out that this kind of post is exactly the same as muslims who say, "Yeah they shouldn't have killed all those people at Charlie Hedbo, but you have to understand that we find drawing Muhammad to be very offensive"

The minute you start justifying violence against political opponents is the minute you join the wrong side.

Im not trying to justify it. 

We live in a country where Donald Trump is president.

Im not going to pretend to be surprised when something stupid happens and hate wins.
(06-14-2017, 10:24 PM)Vlad Wrote: Gee I didn't know this was a condolences only thread.

Obviously, it isn't a condolences only thread because you haven't offered any. You didn't even bother to feign an insincere token condolence.

Quote:My being sympathetic goes without saying..

I haven't detected any sympathy. Apparently, your sympathy does go without saying because you haven't said it.

Quote: I don't have to prove to anyone how morally awesome I am....

And yet you inadvertently did.

Quote:unlike some here who avoid acknowledging the motives of one of their own by hiding behind their moral awesomeness....  equal to having your heads buried in the sand.

Hiding behind their moral awesomeness?

(06-13-2017, 09:21 AM)Vlad Wrote: There you guys go again using meaningless blanket statements as valid arguments.

Since when is possessing a little bit of common sense and decency to understand the time for proselytizing for a political ideology isn't immediately after a deadly attack killing at least one and wounding several? That's how low the bar has been set for moral awesomeness?
(06-14-2017, 11:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Im not trying to justify it. 

We live in a country where Donald Trump is president.

Im not going to pretend to be surprised when something stupid happens and hate wins.

I think if you review the original post of your that I quoted you'll find that it is the text book definition of justification.  You don't have to agree with something to justify it, which, I think, is exactly what you did in that post.
Enough of the personal remarks! Back on topic or stop posting.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(06-14-2017, 07:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I am getting so tired of this stuff. I feel like this is the difference between having an ideology, and being partisan. Partisanship seems to lead to otherizing the opposite side.

What needs acknowledged is that "this stuff" makes it's living on your side exclusively through the left wing mainstream media, not the Bengals board.

Recall the Aurora Colo. shooting?....the mainstream media wasted no time reporting the shooter was connected to the Tea Party.
He was not.

Recall the shooting of Gabby Giffords, again the mainstream media tried to connect Jared L. to the Tea Party, and

when that didn't work....

[Image: Jared_Lee_Loughner_1.jpg]

Seriously doubt anyone would hide behind the compassion/sympathy for the victim narrative if the killer found to be influenced by Limbaugh, Hannity, FOX etc..tried to shoot down a bunch of democrats.

You'd be right on top of that shit.  You know you would.
(06-14-2017, 09:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've been completely clear  that violence is wrong.

Repeatedly.

So be quiet.

Thanks. ThumbsUp

(06-14-2017, 10:43 PM)Vlad Wrote: But what about....

Violence is wrong.

ThumbsUp
(06-14-2017, 07:19 PM)Vlad Wrote: This is a cop out.

So why was this Republican shot and now fighting for his life? What lead this man to shoot a group of Republicans?

It's called "motive" Pat.  A component of many a police investigation.
Pointing out the the mans motive as a leftist extremist influenced by leftist liars in the public eye and purveyors of fake news does not lesson our concern and sympathy for the victims involved.

Upon entering the field this guy asked which group were the Republicans, and you don't find that concerning?

Thanks for giving everyone an example of what I was describing. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-15-2017, 10:16 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Thanks for giving everyone an example of what I was describing. 

He's good for that, he did that for me as well.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Democrats praying?

Hmmm...wasn't it the democrats that voted to remove God from the democratic platform during the DNC convention in 2012?

"There ain't no atheists in a foxhole" anyone?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/photo-democrats-pray-for-republican-colleagues-after-baseball-shooting/article/2625917
(06-15-2017, 10:28 AM)Vlad Wrote:  
Democrats praying?

Hmmm...wasn't it the democrats that voted to remove God from the democratic platform during the DNC convention in 2012?

"There ain't no atheists in a foxhole" anyone?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/photo-democrats-pray-for-republican-colleagues-after-baseball-shooting/article/2625917

[Image: nlTk4Pw.jpg]

Some people don't get the difference between no religion in government and individuals having freedom of religion.
(06-14-2017, 07:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I am getting so tired of this stuff. I feel like this is the difference between having an ideology, and being partisan. Partisanship seems to lead to otherizing the opposite side.

If you build it, they will come.

(06-15-2017, 09:15 AM)Vlad Wrote: What needs acknowledged is that "this stuff" makes it's living on your side exclusively through the left wing mainstream media, not the Bengals board.

Recall the Aurora Colo. shooting?....the mainstream media wasted no time reporting the shooter was connected to the Tea Party.
He was not.

Recall the shooting of Gabby Giffords, again the mainstream media tried to connect Jared L. to the Tea Party, and

when that didn't work....

[Image: Jared_Lee_Loughner_1.jpg]

Seriously doubt anyone would hide behind the compassion/sympathy for the victim narrative if the killer found to be influenced by Limbaugh, Hannity, FOX etc..tried to shoot down a bunch of democrats.

You'd be right on top of that shit.  You know you would.

Confirmation.