Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Speaker Election
(10-09-2015, 10:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah promising to not run up debt is so much a terrible thing.  

Irrelevant to my post. Congress can't be held hostage because a few numbskulls "promised" their ignorant constituents they would gut the federal government.
(10-09-2015, 10:34 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Irrelevant to my post. Congress can't be held hostage because a few numbskulls "promised" their ignorant constituents they would gut the federal government.

You've already proven to the whole board your utter ignorance on this subject .  You should follow your own advice and look up obstructionism.Then educate yourself on the legislative process then ask yourself the questions I have asked you.  Perhaps you will be more honest with yourself, but I doubt it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-09-2015, 10:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not that simple. Expenditures are only one part, revenue is another huge issue.

Seems fairly straight forward. Don't spend more than you bring in....
(10-09-2015, 11:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Seems fairly straight forward. Don't spend more than you bring in....

It appearing to be straightforward is what gets people into trouble. Governmental budgeting and fiscal policy is far from simple or straightforward. And that is not even taking into account the role forecasting plays and the influences of unknown variables can have.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
michaelsean Wrote:You've already proven to the whole board your utter ignorance on this subject .  You should follow your own advice and look up obstructionism.Then educate yourself on the legislative process then ask yourself the questions I have asked you.  Perhaps you will be more honest with yourself, but I doubt it.

Pal, I know what obstructionism is. Unlike you and the other right-wingers on this board, I don't throw around words haphazardly. But what I'm certainly not going to do is quote a dictionary for you. We live in the Internet age; take advantage of it, or don't. For the very last time: teaching you the simplest of things is not any interest of mine. And that's officially the end of my engagement with this nonsense.

And since you've now clogged the page with your failure to actually know the meaning of a word because you've only ever heard it on talk radio with regard to Democrats, I'm going to re-post the absolutely brilliant, hysterical and accurate piece of rhetorical beauty I crafted that caused your ignorant series of outbursts, purely for the enjoyment and enrichment of anybody who missed it:

Quote:Like I said when this news first broke, give the wingnuts what they want and put a Tea Bagger in the position. It will force the mouth-breathers in this country to finally accept the fact that there's no such thing as a more obstructionist GOP than we've already had since the second they gerrymandered their way into a small majority.

Clapping

Don't worry, I'll have plenty more for you to piss yourself over in the future.
Dude is pure gold. Troll or really that stupid. You decide.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-10-2015, 08:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Dude is pure gold.  Troll or really that stupid.  You decide.

I haven't been around here that long, but that was my assessment early on.
[Image: d1id.png]