Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
House Speaker Hilarity
(01-07-2023, 03:23 PM)pally Wrote: This is reminiscent of their 2016 battle cry of doing away with Obamacare..."repeal and replace".  They literally had years to have everything ready to go.  They get control of the House and Senate...oops no plan. 
 MAGA folks don't care if government functions.  After all, everything government does is to benefit liberals and lazy people. For some reason, they keep forgetting what happens when the Federal government grinds to a halt.  As long as they can carry their guns they don't give a damn

The current GOP has figured out that the optimal situation for them is to NOT be in power, because then they can pretend to have all the answers with no expectation to actually fix anything.  They've realized the best way to win in 2024 is to hope, pray, and do everything they can to make life as miserable for regular folks as possible, because they know they'll be rewarded for their actions.

I won't call democrats saints who love regular folk, but the current GOP is the political equivalent of a group of performing thieves where a few put on a show to distract a crowd the others can pickpocket.  As long as the GOP caters to old people, you're going to get the fear and the culture wars and the Jaysus talk because they can't just sell their base upon their actual plan of cutting medicare and social security.

How far away are we from the GOP being honest and convincing millennials and gen Z to vote for them so they can pull the rug out from all those smug boomers?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you want to see what the Grungy Old Party got accomplished read today's https://electoral-vote.com/  Lot's of goodies in there.  Hilarious Electoral-vote.com does a great job of breaking down the idiocy of the republican shit show.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I suppose this thread is as good a place as any to follow the clown show that will be the House for the next two years.

Despite running on a "platform" of going after inflation, helping the American people, etc. so far the House has cut funding to the IRS (a move that will increase the debt), passed another abortion bill and now...this:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3811952-mccarthy-says-he-will-look-at-expunging-trump-impeachment/

Quote:Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said on Thursday that he would consider expunging one or both of former President Trump’s impeachments.

“I would understand why members would want to bring that forward,” McCarthy said in response to a question at a press conference on Thursday, before listing off several other key priorities for House Republicans. 

“But I understand why individuals want to do it, and we’d look at it,” he added.

In the last Congress, a group of more than 30 House Republicans led by Rep. Markwayne Mullin (R-Okla.) put forward a resolution to expunge Trump’s impeachment in the wake of the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. The resolution was supported by the fourth-ranking Republican in the House, Republican Conference Chairman Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.).

A smaller group, again led by Mullin, also introduced a resolution to expunge Trump’s December 2019 impeachment for allegedly attempting to withhold military aid from Ukraine in an effort to pressure the country to investigate the business dealings of President Biden’s son, Hunter Biden.

The Senate ultimately acquitted Trump in both impeachments, after failing to reach the two-thirds majority required to convict him.
And they still haven't read the Constitution from beginning to end like McCarthy said they would on day one.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
House leadership is laser focused on the real problems!

Reply/Quote
Mellow

Reply/Quote