Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
House got burglarized today
Yeap. Took all my video game systems and a bunch of the wrapped presents...passed up other valuables like jewelry cameras, computer/tv stuff. Leads me to believe it was kids.

My kids have been keeping sketchy friends here lately...in the end it's just stuff, but I really hope this teaches them a life lesson on who they hang out with and what type of information they divulge about their personal lifestyles.

Officers already have suspects and a partial confession, so we may end up getting most of it back...but if not, i'm really hoping this gave my kids a reality check.

Worst part is, I lost my Fallout IV save game.....

Oh...and the mother ***** stole my Bengals beanie.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:03 PM)basballguy Wrote: Yeap.  Took all my video game systems and a bunch of the wrapped presents...passed up other valuables like jewelry cameras, computer/tv stuff.  Leads me to believe it was kids.  

My kids have been keeping sketchy friends here lately...in the end it's just stuff, but I really hope this teaches them a life lesson on who they hang out with and what type of information they divulge about their personal lifestyles.  

Officers already have suspects and a partial confession, so we may end up getting most of it back...but if not, i'm really hoping this gave my kids a reality check.  

Nooooooooooo !!!!

Seriously, sorry to hear.
Sad

I have a surveillance system that I need to hook up.
I'm going to put it at the top of my list, now.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:15 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Nooooooooooo !!!!

Seriously, sorry to hear.
Sad

I have a surveillance system that I need to hook up.
I'm going to put it at the top of my list, now.

yes i've been lobbying for one for years!  Now i get to have one...wish it was under better circumstances!
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear about that. Hope you are able to get your stuff back.
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote
[Image: uv2ju.jpg]

In all seriousness, I hope you do get all your stuff back, and it does indeed teach your friends some responsibility in the company they keep.
Reply/Quote
I hope you get your stuff back! Very sorry to hear this. I hope these burglars do some jail time.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:03 PM)basballguy Wrote: Yeap. Took all my video game systems and a bunch of the wrapped presents...passed up other valuables like jewelry cameras, computer/tv stuff. Leads me to believe it was kids.

that sucks a week before christmas hopefully you get most or everything back..

And just know you can look forward to playing all of Fallout 4 again.
Reply/Quote
Hope you had some serial numbers for your game systems. Could be helpful in locating and prosecuting the culprits.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hope it works out.

When I was a teen somebody "broke in" and stole some guns from our house. They turned up in a pawn shop six months later. Turns out it was my best friend. The guy pretty much lived with us for a year. But he had a kid in high school was struggling and made a bad decision.
Reply/Quote
Hope you get your stuff back. Your kids have lost forever the feeling of security at home( the real crime ).

Also hope those ingrate burglars get robbed of personal  things they value.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 05:18 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Hope you get your stuff back. Your kids have lost forever the feeling of security at home( the real crime ).

Also hope those ingrate burglars get robbed of personal  things they value.

Like their lives.
:angry:
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 11:03 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Like their lives.
:angry:
Needs to be a hangin'....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear man. Hope it all sorts itself out.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 11:03 PM)basballguy Wrote: Yeap.  Took all my video game systems and a bunch of the wrapped presents...passed up other valuables like jewelry cameras, computer/tv stuff.  Leads me to believe it was kids.  

Sorry to hear this...  Glad nobody is hurt...  but Make sure you find out how they entered and make sure you to check other entries to your house etc...  No man should have his house broken into...  that is your place in the world... that you should feel the safest.  If you had keys laying around make sure they are accounted for...  and check locks and windows....  and if anything was left behind.. etc..  Sounds like younger kids for sure...  so hopefully they won't come back around..  
Reply/Quote
If someone stole my consoles (ESPECIALLY since the most recent one I own is a Dreamcast and the rest are all Sega consoles, dear to my heart and pricey to re-buy) and my games, I'd be so beside myself and distraught, it would take at least a couple of weeks to get back on the horse (especially with the value of everything I have; both sentimental and monetary), thus I feel for you big time.

Hope all goes well and you indeed get the stuff back.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear, hopefully you get all your stuff back.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Don't have my stuff back yet, but things are all held in a different perspective now. Tornadoes came through here Saturday night and messed up the neighborhood. Had it been one block over then I would've lost my stuff to a tornado and not a thief. So while I'm still pissed that someone broke into my house, I guess it could've been a lot worse.

The worst damage I had was the power spike hosed the power supply on my desktop computer. That was a quick an easy fix though. We're donating a bunch of stuff to the school and churches that got hit. Can't donate anything to families yet since those families don't have anywhere to put donations.
Reply/Quote