Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House passes $4.2 trillion budget, sets up tax cuts for the rich and guts Medicare
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/5/1704360/-House-passes-4-2-trillion-budget-sets-up-tax-cuts-for-the-rich-and-guts-Medicare-Medicaid?detail=facebook

Quote:With a razor-thin 219-206 margin, House Republicans have passed their FY2018 budget, a $4.2 trillion spending and cuts measure that sets up their tax cut bill to progress through the Senate without being subject to a filibuster, provided they come up with a tax cut bill. This is a non-binding resolution that would set spending—and slashing—priorities for the Congress. Those priorities are a big problem, not just for Democrats but for the health of the nation.

The bill not only instructs congress to do massive tax cuts for the rich through the budget reconciliation process, it instructs lawmakers to reduce Medicaid spending by $1 trillion and Medicare by $473 billion. That's along with the $37 billion in cuts for affordable housing, $100 billion for Pell Grants, cutting Head Start by $3 billion, and essentially gutting the WIC program that provides food assistance to 1.25 million women, infants, and children.

That's so they can get $1.5 trillion in tax cuts for the rich.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Come on GMD, at least give a better source for your thread than a liberal political blog. That's some Lucie using Dailywire or Brietbart stuff right there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
https://www.cbpp.org/blog/5-key-points-about-the-budget-before-the-house-this-week
(10-05-2017, 10:51 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: https://www.cbpp.org/blog/5-key-points-about-the-budget-before-the-house-this-week

It's like the entire GOP looked at Kansas and said "Well sure it failed miserably...but it'll work this time!" and then voted for the worst possible plan.

Whatever
It takes a lot of nerve do pull this sort of thing and then claim that god is on our side. God bless the USA for having the balls to do this sort of thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-05-2017, 11:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It takes a lot of nerve do pull this sort of thing and then claim that god is on our side.  God bless the USA for having the balls to do this sort of thing.

Oh hell...the god folks love it!  Because, uh, god will provide?  I dunno....
(10-05-2017, 11:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh hell...the god folks love it!  Because, uh, god will provide?  I dunno....

I have a buddy who has pretty much lost his remaining sanity trying to explain to his disabled parents with pre-existing conditions that this healthcare reform is very much not in their best interest.  Alas, they have been cheering the ACA's destruction and I'm sure they're on cloud nine right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
One of these days i will win the lottery or be born to rich parents or win enough lawsuits to vote republican.

But working as a middle class worker it seems like i will never be rich enough to vote republican.

Or you never know maybe i will just get dumber and it will come naturally.