Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Housh wants to help out Ross

Awesome to hear, wish Housh would come here and be a coach
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Unguardable? Housh gives himself a little too much credit. He is hardly the messiah of WR's. Not saying he couldn't teach him a little positives here and there, but if he was to become a project to someone, I would prefer it be Jerry Rice, Chris Carter, Julio Jones or someone with a better work ethic. And, with the talent on the field today, nobody is ungaurdable.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 01:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Unguardable? Housh gives himself a little too much credit. He is hardly the messiah of WR's. Not saying he couldn't teach him a little positives here and there, but if he was to become a project to someone, I would prefer it be Jerry Rice, Chris Carter, Julio Jones or someone with a better work ethic. And, with the talent on the field today, nobody is ungaurdable.

I think what he's saying is if Ross learns the route running, technique, toughness and grit that made TJ so good and combined it with his god given speed, then he'd be a far superior player to TJ himself, as TJ was a great technician with relatively bad speed and agility.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 02:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think what he's saying is if Ross learns the route running, technique, toughness and grit that made TJ so good and combined it with his god given speed, then he'd be a far superior player to TJ himself, as TJ was a great technician with relatively bad speed and agility.

Well ok then. I can buy that explanation. Him saying ungaurdable gave me worms.

Reply/Quote
Coach hem up Housh!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 02:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well ok then. I can buy that explanation. Him saying ungaurdable gave me worms.

I don’t think you’re giving TJ enough credit. Given his athleticism, he was one of the Bengal great WRs. He was able to do a lot without the “incredible” athleticism you see in other WRs. in If Ross’s technique is as good as TJ’s, he will be dangerous
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
Yep, TJ knew a lot about how to play and be the #2 option behind Chad. Ross could learn a lot from him to help him pair with AJ...
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 02:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think what he's saying is if Ross learns the route running, technique, toughness and grit that made TJ so good and combined it with his god given speed, then he'd be a far superior player to TJ himself, as TJ was a great technician with relatively bad speed and agility.

Agree,

Ross probably relied heavily on his speed to overcome in college and it mostly worked. Now the speed level has taken a step forward and he needs to learn the technique as well.

I sure hope Ross isn't a bust so hopefully Housh can help.
Reply/Quote
this makes me happy.....knowing the type of kid John Ross is I think he will jump all over this.......awesome to see!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Hasn't Ross been working with DeSean Jackson the last couple years?

Im hoping we hear about Dalton flying his receivers down to Texas in the offseason yo work on timing. We haven't heard him doing that in a couple years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 02:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Hasn't Ross been working with DeSean Jackson the last couple years?

Im hoping we hear about Dalton flying his receivers down to Texas in the offseason yo work on timing. We haven't heard him doing that in a couple years.

How does one need to learn how to do a go route? That's all Jackson was good at. 

TJ was one of the best slot receivers we've ever had with some of the least athleticism. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 03:13 PM)Sweetness Wrote: How does one need to learn how to do a go route? That's all Jackson was good at. 

TJ was one of the best slot receivers we've ever had with some of the least athleticism. 

Yea DeSean Jackson doesn't know anything about playing WR....

Anyway I'm hoping Dalton gets together with him in the offseason. Work on timing coverages etc and so forth.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Right, it's often the overachieving player who makes the best teacher/coach.
Reply/Quote
Don't forget TJ was our kick returner a lot while here. Hope he teaches him that too.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 01:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Unguardable? Housh gives himself a little too much credit. He is hardly the messiah of WR's. Not saying he couldn't teach him a little positives here and there, but if he was to become a project to someone, I would prefer it be Jerry Rice, Chris Carter, Julio Jones or someone with a better work ethic. And, with the talent on the field today, nobody is ungaurdable.

In all fairness, average performers make better coaches/teachers/etc. than experts.  It's why the Scott Skiles and Jim Harbaughs of the world are coaches and Michael Jordan and Joe Montanta's aren't.

Anyways, we seem to be under the notion that the biggest problem Ross has is Marvin Lewis refusing to play him, so even Jerry Rice can't fix that.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 04:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Anyways, we seem to be under the notion that the biggest problem Ross has is Marvin Lewis refusing to play him, so even Jerry Rice can't fix that.

Aint that the truth? I don't have as fond of memories of TJ as many on here. If my memory serves me correctly, he was not a deep threat. He was more of a short yardage receiver. However, he did have good YAC. Ross can be a deep threat according to his speed. Plus, he's young. AJ, well, it wont be long before he starts losing a step. Not immediately because I think he works very hard. But sooner or later age catches up to you. That could be Ross's time to step up if not sooner. That's why I mention Rice & Carter. 

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 01:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would prefer it be Jerry Rice, Chris Carter, Julio Jones or someone with a better work ethic. 

Cris Carter could also teach him the importance of having a fall guy. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2017, 05:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cris Carter could also teach him the importance of having a fall guy. 

Clarence Carter? Oh Shit!

Reply/Quote
Touraj Houshmandzadeh as a receivers’ coach? Yes please!
Reply/Quote
Absolutely loving this, thank you TJ
Reply/Quote