Gio
Tee
Hubbard
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Houston Game Ball
Bfine is busy so I’ll make this week’s thread. We have a 2 game winning streak going (cue the Major League scene). Who gets this one?

Brandon Allen - 29/37, 371 yards 2 TD 0 INT

Samaje Perine - 13 carries for 95 rushing yards, 7.3 avg 2 TD, 41 yards receiving

Gio Bernard - 16 carries for 65 yards, 7 rec for 66 yards receiving

Tee Higgins - 6 receptions for 99 yds, 1 TD

Sam Hubbard - huge late game sack/strip on Watson

Other: explain
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This was tough. Perine could have easily gotten it, and Gio was awesome. I went with Allen as he made no mistakes and was on the money with nearly every throw. The TD to Tee was a beauty and in the perfect spot.
Reply/Quote
RBs played well, but your backup throwing for almost 400 no picks and 2 touchdowns, and none of it in garbage time is huge. I think he made his case for remaining backup next year.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Allen, but it really was a team effort. I agree with all of the other names mentioned, and would like to give some props to Alex Erickson.

For all of the shit we give him, he actually came through and was even "clutch" a time or two, as a WR.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This was our most total yards of offense on the year. Gameball to Allen!
Reply/Quote
Idk why it never gives me the option on mobile to make the poll results public but if the mods can change it please do.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, has to be Allen. You can’t ask for anything more from a backup.

Reply/Quote
Also, honorable mention to the O-line. We tear them down when they’re bad... so we can’t completely ignore when they do well. 0 sacks, great protection, steady productive run game, effective screen game. They played well today!
Reply/Quote
Allen he established sign him as our backup possible starter at beginning
Reply/Quote
Have to go Allen, whale of a game from him !

Honorable mention to Perine and Gio.
Reply/Quote
It was very hard not to go with Allen, because he earned a game ball for sure. But I chose Perine in this poll. His runs were huge. I mean averaging over 7 ypc with 2 TD's and another 40+ yards receiving? Pfffffft. Excellent game.

Allen was also incredible today. He's playing for a job somewhere. I'd love him to be our backup, but that kind of performance may get him a shot to compete for a starting job.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Allen he established sign him as our backup possible starter at beginning

What he said  Mellow
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I didn't see the game today, but I'd have to go Allen. People were calling for Finley to start today, and Allen came back after playing his heart out a couple of weeks ago and played strong again. Without looking at the stats I seem to recall that Houston doesn't have a very defense, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Allen is a backup and put up when his number was called.
Reply/Quote
Erickson for helping the team at WR.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t realize Allen had it in him to accomplish this.Wow.He played almost perfect.Had it not been for the drops,his stats would have been even higher.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:09 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I didn’t realize Allen had it in him to accomplish this.Wow.He played almost perfect.Had it not been for the drops,his stats would have been even higher.

Good point. He’s over 400 yards if the WR’s held onto a few of those.

Reply/Quote
Voted Allen, but it's not like I can beat a drum against the rest. They all did fairly well.
Reply/Quote
First thanks to OP and being as I didn't create this one I get to vote.

My vote is other..........

OK, not really I just wanted to do that. I gotts say Joe(s) who. Close call between Perine and Allen, but it's Allen
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Allen no doubt.

Played really well and did not turn the ball over.

Not sure if Taylor relinquished play calling but I think the balance and gameplan deserves credit.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
why make this poll when it's obvious lol Yawn ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote