Gio
Tee
Hubbard
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Houston Game Ball
(12-27-2020, 07:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: why make this poll when it's obvious lol  Yawn  ThumbsUp

Why post when you have nothing to add
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: why make this poll when it's obvious lol  Yawn  ThumbsUp

We have our traditions here:  Tuna on rye, AC Green, Brad talking about Andy's junk, and the game ball thread.  Dammit man, where is this board without our traditions?! 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 07:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: why make this poll when it's obvious lol Yawn ThumbsUp

Because we always have game ball threads no matter how obvious it is (different guys are getting votes anyway).

Thanks for the one star rating though, Rube.

Reply/Quote
I know Allen had a great game and put the ball in some pretty amazing spots but I went with Higgins. His body/foot control near the sidelines was pretty top notch. I played outfield when I wasn't pitching and not everybody can judge a ball in the air, very few truly master it . . . this kid has that ability. That's why a lot of those guys that can fly are CBs. Poor judging of a balls trajectory(John Ross) will put you on the other side of the ball. Usually they discover that before you get to this level, though.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Everyone listed was worthy, but I'm going with Allen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Perine and Gio were legit...Higgins had a nice day, so did Erickson...but I go with Allen. When I saw those stats after the game, I was kinda surprised. I mean, I knew he'd had a nice day, but almost 400 yds and no turnovers? Crazy. He earned my respect gutting it out against Dallas....he earned my interest Sunday. Maybe we did find a good backup.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Allen owned this game..... His gonna get a bigger pay day next year.
Reply/Quote
I like Allen and he has exceeded my expectations. Without question he played well yesterday.

I do want to advise some caution before the irrational exuberance fully sets in.

That HOU defense was terrible yesterday and is horrible overall. I don't say that to discourage people from believing we've found a good backup QB. We certainly appear to have done just that. But he's not as good as he showed yesterday.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I like Allen and he has exceeded my expectations. Without question he played well yesterday.

I do want to advise some caution before the irrational exuberance fully sets in.

That HOU defense was terrible yesterday and is horrible overall. I don't say that to discourage people from believing we've found a good backup QB. We certainly appear to have done just that. But he's not as good as he showed yesterday.

Agreed, but he has shown to be a capable backup. You like to see game manager type numbers from a backup...371 is icing on the cake, bad defense or not.

I certainly wouldn't expect those numbers next week, but I think the kid could suffice in a pinch.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I voted for Allen, but it really was a team effort.  I agree with all of the other names mentioned, and would like to give some props to Alex Erickson.

For all of the shit we give him, he actually came through and was even "clutch" a time or two, as a WR.

Yeah, I was texting with him last night... he wanted to relay that Wes Mantooth is a Bum!!!......... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Obviously Allen
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:26 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I like Allen and he has exceeded my expectations. Without question he played well yesterday.

right but he has what you want in a backup..

Some one that can come in and play and not give the game away.
Reply/Quote