Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Houston Is a Trap Game!
Hilarious

Dafuq outta here widdat.

Fellow Bengalists, it is time to put away childish notions. Sock away your "lucky jerseys." Dial down your anti-curse ritual(s). Mix it up a little: Skyline this week, Montgomery Inn leftovers the next.

It's okay.

Continuity. Consistency. Credibility. They're here. They're no fluke, no happy accident. This is our legacy, as a team built under Paul Brown and coached by a dyed-in-the-wool AFC Norseman. And you, you poor post-traumatic fans, have earned your bragging right.

So sack up. Any of you who knocked knees over TNF vs. Browneyes, check yourself. Get it together for the playoff stretch. We have a top seed to plant.

Now, because the thread goons will no doubt criticize my decision to start one, I submit this for consideration and discussion:

Adam Pacman Jones will be a Bengals Hall of Famer. He's 32. If he can put together two, three more productive years like these past three....

The man is a play-maker. He is someone coaches, players, and writers know by reputation. If I'm naming a list of the top ten or fifteen DBs I'd take from the all-time roster, Pacman is there. He's a Ronnie Lott type, an enforcer and an identity-maker. We shy away because of his volatile and highly publicized growing pains, but he is fo rillz. People talk about Revis with god-like reverence, but is his team 8-0? Does Revis thrill on Teams?

Get a ring, Men. Get a ring and watch Canton start to stripe up. Watch the Coach Lewis tree shade the Shield.
Reply/Quote
They won't be sore and beat up like they were for the short week after puttsburgh. They won't be content with the slow start on offense like they were this week against the Browns.

Judging by the way Hill ran in warm-ups (he was sprinting on every carry, and running across midfield in to the Browns warm-up area, I think he will be salivating for another shot on the National stage.

Let's hope that Andre Smith is back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They won't be sore and beat up like they were for the short week after puttsburgh.  They won't be content with the slow start on offense like they were this week against the Browns.  

Judging by the way Hill ran in warm-ups (he was sprinting on every carry, and running across midfield in to the Browns warm-up area, I think he will be salivating for another shot on the National stage.

Let's hope that Andre Smith is back.

Andre will bounce back. I was super-impressed with the stat Phil Simms trotted out last night:

Gio takes about two yards to start gaining positive yards.
Hill needs about five. He side-steps more. Hill isn't hitting the holes like Gio.

(How the hell do they even have that stat?)

Hope that can be coached.
Reply/Quote
It's a match up between division leaders in prime time. No way we look past this game.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It's a match up between division leaders in prime time.  No way we look past this game.

Hilarious

Fred, people here underestimate your comedic timing. ^THIS^ is damn funny.

That said...you're exactly right.
Reply/Quote
Just. Stop.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:20 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: Andre will bounce back. I was super-impressed with the stat Phil Simms trotted out last night:

Gio takes about two yards to start gaining positive yards.
Hill needs about five. He side-steps more. Hill isn't hitting the holes like Gio.

(How the hell do they even have that stat?)

Hope that can be coached.

Hill is a "read-the-fullback" type of RB that doesn't seem to do as well out of the read-option formation.  Gio sees the cutback lanes, and gets from 0-100 in very little time.  I thought that we would see more fullback formations for Jeremy?  

Maybe Hue is just trying to get the offense rolling out of multiple sets, whether a run or a pass.

Either way, Jeremy is missing holes, and a lot of them.  I have faith that will change.
Reply/Quote
Making me laugh!!

Good one! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:54 AM)BengalB Wrote: Just. Stop.

K.

Cheers
Reply/Quote
Hogwash to with the trap game stuff!

After what this group has been through and seen these past 4 years, and how they have played the first half, I don't see them taking ANY game or team for granted.

Yes, it's still the NFL and teams will have off games, just like they did offensively last week in Pittsburgh, but losing because of a trap scenario, I don't see it.
Reply/Quote
I honestly truly believe (not even saying its a trap game) that Houston will be our first loss this year. Houston has been playing better as of late and they have looked like a new team with Hoyer at the helm. Their defense is still really good, too.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Hill is a "read-the-fullback" type of RB that doesn't seem to do as well out of the read-option formation.  Gio sees the cutback lanes, and gets from 0-100 in very little time.  I thought that we would see more fullback formations for Jeremy?  

Maybe Hue is just trying to get the offense rolling out of multiple sets, whether a run or a pass.

Either way, Jeremy is missing holes, and a lot of them.  I have faith that will change.

It's a weird Cardale-JT type of situation (without the DUI arrest, that is). Hill is the de facto starter. Why? Not doubting Hue, mind you...just curious. Does change-of-pace work better that way---power to speed?

Speaking of powerful, speedy RBs...how badass is Ced Peerman as a gunner?  Wub
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:01 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: Speaking of powerful, speedy RBs...how badass is Ced Peerman as a gunner?  Wub

Ask Dri Archer.  Peerman got him cut from the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:00 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I honestly truly believe (not even saying its a trap game) that Houston will be our first loss this year. Houston has been playing better as of late and they have looked like a new team with Hoyer at the helm. Their defense is still really good, too.

You had me all the way until you said their defense is "good too"

You may want to look at games they had given up 25+ points by the half. One game it was 42 points I believe against the Falcons at the half
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:07 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You had me all the way until you said their defense is "good too"

You may want to look at games they had given up 25+ points by the half. One game it was 42 points I believe against the Falcons at the half

Meh, youre right. 

I still worry about this game, though. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:10 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Meh, youre right. 

Don't worry, Be Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a theory I refuse to worry about anything out of my control. If we lose, we lose, life goes on either way, I will just be not as happy for a few days.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:10 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Meh, youre right. 

Me, too.  Admiral?

[Image: LaJ9Kmo.gif]

Good enough for me.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:00 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I honestly truly believe (not even saying its a trap game) that Houston will be our first loss this year. Houston has been playing better as of late and they have looked like a new team with Hoyer at the helm. Their defense is still really good, too.

I just...can't. 

a) Bengals have 10 days to prepare. Therefore the Texans' bye is a bit of a wash.
b) MNF at home.
c) Texans beat the Bucs, Titans, and Jags. That's not enough of a resume, considering the Bengals have beaten everyone they've played.
d) Tannehill went 19-20 just two weeks ago. Eleven yards per pass. Luck hung 362 yards on 'em. Alex Smith had 300, too. Now imagine Dalton.
e) The Texans set a franchise record last year with 34 takeaways. Right now they're minus-2 on the season, nine total. That's about what it'd take---sloppy football---for Cincinnati to stumble. Is Cincinnati playing careless this year?
Reply/Quote
We will beat the Texans.

Much more worried about the Cardinals. Team won't look past the Texans though, we owe them for 2 playoff losses!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:13 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Don't worry, Be Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a theory I refuse to worry about anything out of my control. If we lose, we lose, life goes on either way, I will just be not as happy for a few days.

Agree totally. ALL of this is out of anyone's control in here.

We have no choice, but go with the hand the coaches deal.

We can;

1.  Ride with it and root for and support the team regardless whether we agree or disagree.

2.  Change teams.

3.  Come here and complain, rant and rave, which does nothing anyway, except maybe make some folk feel better.  Wink
Reply/Quote