Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Houston Is a Trap Game!
Every game is a trap game when you're the best team in football.

ALSO...

No game is a trap game when you're the best team in football.

Mind. Blown.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:08 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: Hilarious

Dafuq outta here widdat.

Fellow Bengalists, it is time to put away childish notions. Sock away your "lucky jerseys." Dial down your anti-curse ritual(s). Mix it up a little: Skyline this week, Montgomery Inn leftovers the next.

It's okay.

Continuity. Consistency. Credibility. They're here. They're no fluke, no happy accident. This is our legacy, as a team built under Paul Brown and coached by a dyed-in-the-wool AFC Norseman. And you, you poor post-traumatic fans, have earned your bragging right.

So sack up. Any of you who knocked knees over TNF vs. Browneyes, check yourself. Get it together for the playoff stretch. We have a top seed to plant.

Now, because the thread goons will no doubt criticize my decision to start one, I submit this for consideration and discussion:

Adam Pacman Jones will be a Bengals Hall of Famer. He's 32. If he can put together two, three more productive years like these past three....

The man is a play-maker. He is someone coaches, players, and writers know by reputation. If I'm naming a list of the top ten or fifteen DBs I'd take from the all-time roster, Pacman is there. He's a Ronnie Lott type, an enforcer and an identity-maker. We shy away because of his volatile and highly publicized growing pains, but he is fo rillz. People talk about Revis with god-like reverence, but is his team 8-0? Does Revis thrill on Teams?

Get a ring, Men. Get a ring and watch Canton start to stripe up. Watch the Coach Lewis tree shade the Shield.

I almost gave you bad rep, til i read the post. Pros don't worry about a trap game. That's like saying Mondays, at your job, is a trap day. Yea, see how long you have a job there.
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 11:43 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: We will beat the Texans.

Much more worried about the Cardinals. Team won't look past the Texans though, we owe them for 2 playoff losses!

We played the Texans last year, and won. I vaguely remember A.J. abusing their secondary.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:08 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: Hilarious

Dafuq outta here widdat.

Fellow Bengalists, it is time to put away childish notions. Sock away your "lucky jerseys." Dial down your anti-curse ritual(s). Mix it up a little: Skyline this week, Montgomery Inn leftovers the next.

It's okay.

Continuity. Consistency. Credibility. They're here. They're no fluke, no happy accident. This is our legacy, as a team built under Paul Brown and coached by a dyed-in-the-wool AFC Norseman. And you, you poor post-traumatic fans, have earned your bragging right.

So sack up. Any of you who knocked knees over TNF vs. Browneyes, check yourself. Get it together for the playoff stretch. We have a top seed to plant.

Now, because the thread goons will no doubt criticize my decision to start one, I submit this for consideration and discussion:

Adam Pacman Jones will be a Bengals Hall of Famer. He's 32. If he can put together two, three more productive years like these past three....

The man is a play-maker. He is someone coaches, players, and writers know by reputation. If I'm naming a list of the top ten or fifteen DBs I'd take from the all-time roster, Pacman is there. He's a Ronnie Lott type, an enforcer and an identity-maker. We shy away because of his volatile and highly publicized growing pains, but he is fo rillz. People talk about Revis with god-like reverence, but is his team 8-0? Does Revis thrill on Teams?

Get a ring, Men. Get a ring and watch Canton start to stripe up. Watch the Coach Lewis tree shade the Shield.

are you guys gonna call every game a trap game until we lose a game?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 12:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: are you guys gonna call every game a trap game until we lose a game?

Yes. And, one day, we'll be right Ninja
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Every game is a trap game

I don't see the Bengals not being MOTIVATED to BEAT the Houston Texans of 2 play-off losses.  All the Bengals hear about are the play-off losses. Trust me, The Bengals will be fired up in The Jungle. ....There is no way they will take Watt and that team for granted, playing them is no day at the beach. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I will be betting against the Bengals as I have always done for every game this year. Why stop now? Yes, it's money well spent.

Maybe I will chance it, and bet ON them. Maybe. Just not yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:58 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Hogwash to with the trap game stuff!

After what this group has been through and seen these past 4 years, and how they have played the first half, I don't see them taking ANY game or team for granted.

Yes, it's still the NFL and teams will have off games, just like they did offensively last week in Pittsburgh, but losing because of a trap scenario, I don't see it.

I see you're back to your old positive self. 
Reply/Quote
5 of the games after that will be a trap game. 2-6 in the second half is very possible
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:28 PM)IsaacCurtis Wrote: 5 of the games after that will be a trap game. 2-6 in the second half is very possible

Right? Because aliens, I bet!

:crazy:
Reply/Quote
I don't think this team is going to look past Houston. This is a very mature, focused group of players and coaches. In the past maybe, but not this year. This team is the real deal.
Reply/Quote
They're ALL trap games from this point forward. Players all have bullseyes painted on them. Someone said it last night...."when you're undefeated, your opposition wants to be that team that hangs the first loss on you. That's motivation."
Reply/Quote
I think it's cool that the Bengals havemultiple reasons to be motivated/not look past every team they have or will play this season:
OAK - franchise was 0-10 in Oakland, west coast game
SD - payback for the playoff loss, Chargers were the #1 offense in the league when we played them
BAL - division rival, desperate for a win, in their house
KC- AFC team, need the win for tiebreakers
SEA - great D, played in last 2 SBs, statement game
BUF - AFC road game, in a place where the Bengals have traditionally had difficulty winning, Rex's D
PIT - division rival, desperate for a win, in their house
CLE - division rival, revenge for last year's Thurs night game, prime time "curse"
HOU - revenge for 2 playoff losses, AFC game, prime time "curse"
ARZ - Carson Palmer, prime time "curse"
STL - I can't think of one...may be the "trap" game
CLE - division rival, can't lose to them at this point in the eason when fighting for seeding
PIT - division rival, they want revenge badly
SF - 2 SB losses, kick them while theyre down, prime time "curse", west coast game
DEN - statement game, fighting for playoff seeding, prime time "curse"
BAL - may need this game to secure a playoff bye
Reply/Quote
Can someone translate this diatribe into English?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:49 PM)Utts Wrote: Can someone translate this diatribe into English?

You're a mean drunk, Utts! You ruined my party and I hate you!

{slams door}
{opens door}

All I meant was it's silly to worry about trap games every stinkin week because the Bengals have proven to be very polished and professional...and mature. Unlike some people! I'll be at my mom's.

{slams door}
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 04:32 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: Right? Because aliens, I bet!

:crazy:

because Bengals history. Go ahead and bet on those games
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 09:13 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: You're a mean drunk, Utts! You ruined my party and I hate you!

{slams door}
{opens door}

All I meant was it's silly to worry about trap games every stinkin week because the Bengals have proven to be very polished and professional...and mature. Unlike some people! I'll be at my mom's.

{slams door}

I'm already at your mom's.  She's making meatloaf.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 09:50 PM)Earendil Wrote: I'm already at your mom's.  She's making meatloaf.

what is she wearing

[Image: trap.png]
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote