Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Houston should have a great draft
Thanks to Browns trade, Houston will have 2 picks near the Top of Draft. Plus 2 Picks in Round One 2 more years. Soon it may not be just the Astros who are tough. Houston can rebuild fast. imagine if they get a Joe Burrow and a Chase combination early in Round One. The Houston team is in great rebuild position getting all those Cleveland Round One Picks, plus their Own. Bryce of Bama, Stroud of Ohio State and the Kentucky QB stand out, and a top WR is that Smith from Ohio State. Of course Bama has a top RB as does Texas. Houston could get a heck of a lot more weapons on offense very Fast.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 05:40 AM)kevin Wrote: Thanks to Browns trade, Houston will have 2 picks near the Top of Draft.  Plus 2 Picks in Round One 2 more years.  Soon it may not be just the Astros who are tough.  Houston can rebuild fast.  imagine if they get a Joe Burrow and a Chase combination early in Round One.  The Houston team is in great rebuild position getting all those Cleveland Round One Picks, plus their Own.   Bryce of Bama, Stroud of Ohio State and the Kentucky QB stand out, and a top WR is that Smith from Ohio State.  Of course Bama has a top RB as does Texas.  Houston could get a heck of a lot more weapons on offense very Fast.

I like that more than the thread title.

It amazes me that with live scouting, college game tape, Senior Bowl, the Combine, interviews, and all the rest that teams do to prep for the draft, the first round is a 50-50 crap shoot.  

Of course, the more early choices a team has, the better their chances to hit.  But they need to get it right.  Plus have some luck as to who is available when they pick.  Like Burrow when we needed a QB, Chase when we needed a WR, Higgins lasting to 2nd round, Logan till the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 05:40 AM)kevin Wrote: Thanks to Browns trade, Houston will have 2 picks near the Top of Draft.  Plus 2 Picks in Round One 2 more years.  Soon it may not be just the Astros who are tough.  Houston can rebuild fast.  imagine if they get a Joe Burrow and a Chase combination early in Round One.  The Houston team is in great rebuild position getting all those Cleveland Round One Picks, plus their Own.   Bryce of Bama, Stroud of Ohio State and the Kentucky QB stand out, and a top WR is that Smith from Ohio State.  Of course Bama has a top RB as does Texas.  Houston could get a heck of a lot more weapons on offense very Fast.

Marvin Harrison Jr is the WR from Ohio State that really has impressed me. But yeah, the Texans could have a bright future
if they hit on their early round picks. Tons of talent to pick from no question.

(11-12-2022, 11:23 AM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I like that more than the thread title.

It amazes me that with live scouting, college game tape, Senior Bowl, the Combine, interviews, and all the rest that teams do to prep for the draft, the first round is a 50-50 crap shoot.  

Of course, the more early choices a team has, the better their chances to hit.  But they need to get it right.  Plus have some luck as to who is available when they pick.  Like Burrow when we needed a QB, Chase when we needed a WR, Higgins lasting to 2nd round, Logan till the 3rd.

Yes, we have been really blessed with some of our big picks that you mention.
Reply/Quote
Their offense and defense both are in shambles right now.
They need a QB (Davis Mills ain't it).
They have some decent offensive weapons though. Pierce looks like a very good RB, and they have Cooks and Collins.
Cooks can still be a solid WR1, or a very good WR2.
Collins is on pace for ~750 yards for the season, which is solid WR2, or good WR3.
A WR might make sense if they wanna kinda push Collins to 3rd option or run a lot of 11 personnel, but I don't think they have to.
Unless OJ Howard turns a corner with them, they could probably use an upgrade at TE.

Their OTs are good (Tunsil and Howard), they have a solid vet in AJ Cann and new draft pick Kenyon Green at OG. C is their main spot for an upgrade on the OL, as Quessenberry isn't getting it done. But there isn't a C worth taking in Top 15.

On the defensive side, they really need pass rush. Their only decent pass rusher is 34-year-old Jerry Hughes.
They did just draft Stingley and Pitre to help the secondary, but their defense is severely lacking in turnovers so far. No one has multiple INTs other than Pitre, who has just 2.

So if I'm HOU, I'm definitely targeting a QB in Rd 1, and probably either a pass catcher or pass rusher with the other 1st rounder.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Their offense and defense both are in shambles right now.
They have some decent offensive weapons though. Pierce looks like a very good RB, and they have Cooks and Collins.
Collins is on pace for ~750 yards for the season, which is solid WR2, or good WR3.
A WR might make sense if they wanna kinda push Collins to 3rd option or run a lot of 11 personnel, but I don't think they have to.
Unless OJ Howard turns a corner with them, they could probably use an upgrade at TE.

Their OTs are good (Tunsil and Howard), they have a solid vet in AJ Cann and new draft pick Kenyon Green at OG. C is their main spot for an upgrade on the OL, as Quessenberry isn't getting it done. But there isn't a C worth taking in Top 15.

On the defensive side, they really need pass rush. Their only decent pass rusher is 34-year-old Jerry Hughes.
They did just draft Stingley and Pitre to help the secondary, but their defense is severely lacking in turnovers so far. No one has multiple INTs other than Pitre, who has just 2.

So if I'm HOU, I'm definitely targeting a QB in Rd 1, and probably either a pass catcher or pass rusher with the other 1st rounder.

Nice breakdown.  You really have to be a hard-core fan to do an in-depth analysis of the worst team in the NFL 6 months before the draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 05:45 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Nice breakdown.  You really have to be a hard-core fan to do an in-depth analysis of the worst team in the NFL 6 months before the draft.

I'd say...
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2022, 04:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Their offense and defense both are in shambles right now.

There is no Joe Burrow in this draft class so you have to weigh the roster vs potential QB. Their line isnt half bad and young weapons on offense. But as you said they need ALOT on defense.

Trading back collecting extra picks to build while getting say Will Levis and extra day 1/2 picks over a Bryce Young.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote