Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Houston to interview Troy Walters for OC

This would be a big loss.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Ryans and Walters probably have a relationship. This one will probably happen but Ryans if he can get someone with OC experience he’s comfortable with should do that.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Good for him but bad for the Bengals.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
2022 was the first time the Bengals had been not terrible in the red zone under Taylor.

2019-2021 the Bengals averaged 27th in Red Zone TD%. I don't want to go back to those times.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 10:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 2022 was the first time the Bengals had been not terrible in the red zone under Taylor.

2019-2021 the Bengals averaged 27th in Red Zone TD%. I don't want to go back to those times.

Troy was in charge last year as well as this year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 10:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 2022 was the first time the Bengals had been not terrible in the red zone under Taylor.

Walters was in charge of the play call sheet in the red zone last year as well. Those in charge of situations like I believe Picher is third down have to call a play as well as Zac comes up with a play call from their sheet and that gives them 2. Lots of times on the headset Joe gets to give his input on which one he likes. Theirs or Zac’s.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 10:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Troy was in charge last year as well as this year.

Guess he learned some things.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 11:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Guess he learned some things.

Right. We had to adapt since we couldn’t live off big plays anymore, and having a decent OL opened up the playbook.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 11:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right. We had to adapt since we couldn’t live off big plays anymore, and having a decent OL opened up the playbook.

The OL I was told really opened up the playbook

Reply/Quote
The Texans also requested an interview with 49ers passing game coordinator Bobby Slowik.

Ryan and Slowik were both hired by the 49ers in 2017 as defensive quality control coaches and while Slowik switched to the Offensive side of the ball these 2 have been coaching together for 6 years. That's probably the direction the Texans go lol. Troy Walters does deserve a shot though.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Arizona had just recently requested an interview with Troy Walters. It really is crazy that a team who went to back-to-back AFC Championship’s haven’t had a single coach poached.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2023, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Arizona had just recently requested an interview with Troy Walters. It really is crazy that a team who went to back-to-back AFC Championship’s haven’t had a single coach poached.

Callahan had strong interest from Arizona but several shied away including him. Callahan was interested in the Colts but they went another direction. Picher looks to be eyeing replacing Callahan. He must have gotten a big bump. He was pursued by a couple of teams. I think Mike Brown really likes him. He predates even Zac. Lou is a defensive coach he’s a puzzler. I think all these coaches love it at the Bengals and Cincinnati plain and simple.

Reply/Quote
I'm glad we were able to hang onto Walters for another year. I fully expect him to get some more OC interviews next year, possibly even go with Lou or Callahan. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 02:06 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm glad we were able to hang onto Walters for another year. I fully expect him to get some more OC interviews next year, possibly even go with Lou or Callahan. 

Yeah, it does kind of feel like all the interviews this year are setting up the Bengals to get raided next year if they go to another AFCC.

Good problem to have, I guess. People don't generally want to raid the coaching staff of losers.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 02:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, it does kind of feel like all the interviews this year are setting up the Bengals to get raided next year if they go to another AFCC.

Good problem to have, I guess. People don't generally want to raid the coaching staff of losers.

Interesting you mentioned that. Said the same to a friend this weekend regarding the lack of Marvin Lewis interviews with so many openings this year.

As I told him, the last thing teams remember is Marvin’s last couple of season’s here. Plus, he’s been out of NFL circles for a few years now. He says he wants to come back, but no one is knocking at his door.

As you say, no one wants to interview coaches from a losing program.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2023, 02:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, it does kind of feel like all the interviews this year are setting up the Bengals to get raided next year if they go to another AFCC.

No doubt, next year will be the time to worry a bit. We are sitting nice this Offseason. Great news with all our coaches coming back
one more time. Like you said, Walters helped our WR's and I am sure was a part of our improved success in the RZ.
Reply/Quote
Pretty damned lucky for us to have been  lucky team two years running and to win in the playoffs two years straight. We should put out how lucky the Bengals are to have US rooting for them instead of other franchises..The Chiefs would be lucky to have us instead of the Chiefs fans..See how that works? We're just lucky! 
Where the hell are my winning lotto tickets anyway?  Whatever..I forgot.. I probably ought to buy them more than once every five years or so.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

The positive is that it allows Zac and Duke to have another year to get ready and eye potential replacements. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 02:30 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The positive is that it allows Zac and Duke to have another year to get ready and eye potential replacements. 

Exactly, would of sucked to have lost these guys this year. Would of been more of a surprise, now we can eye position coaches that 
we may want to add all year and have it on our minds.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2023, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, would of sucked to have lost these guys this year. Would of been more of a surprise, now we can eye position coaches that 
we may want to add all year and have it on our minds.

I'm hoping the team develops some kind of plan for DC like they have for OC.
Reply/Quote