Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How’s everyone doing?
Not particularly well since you asked. Our young franchise QB is currently rehabbing his shredded knee, and we retained a HC who’s 6-25-1.

Must be nice to root for the Packers though...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 01:16 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Just checking in and I hope everyone is doing good.

I am well rested, I got to relax starting by about mid November knowing Bengals had no shot at winning anything again in 2020.

I hope Packers win it all.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 01:16 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Just checking in and I hope everyone is doing good.

Much better than expected..Had a heart attack when the pandemic first got started in this country and thought for sure I was a gonner, but now expecting to get a nice, hefty payday for a kitchen cabinet job in the next few days and I'm absolutely swearing off working on any cabinets with granite countertops.. Those suckers are TOOOO heavy for a 61 year old man to deal with..
I'm kind of split between rooting for the Packers and the Bills. I'm leaning Bills just to give my son something to worry about. He's a Packers fan..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Doing well, PB.  Hoping to avoid a State Farm Bowl, but I hope the Packers are in against the Bills.  Rogers has that offense soaring and the defense is playing really well.  I don't think they will be out-physicaled like last year by SF.

Looking forward to the draft (since, what, week 7?) and having a better team around Burrow.  BTW, I am not bitter than Rogers stayed healthy and Love never played.  Just because I put a $10 wager on 10,000 to one odds that Love would win the NFL MVP doesn't mean I really expected it to happen :)
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 02:15 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Please knock Brady out of playoffs.  :andy:

I am more than a little worried that the NFL will slant this toward Tampa, as Tampa has rapidly become one of the biggest markets in the league and is growing at an insane pace.  That being said, I want his avocado ice-cream eating michigan ass planted in the frozen tundra.   Whine off the field without shaking Rogers hand, you douche.  The only better ending was seeing you stay in New England and fail behind a very average team.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 11:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm frankly sick if Tom Brady, so I'm pulling for the Pack in that one. That said, I always pull for downtrodden fanbases to get a ring, so I'm hoping the Bills beat the Packers in the SB.

No offense. Mellow

Sames.  I stopped rooting for the Saints when they won the SB.  Ditto Indy.  

My dream would be the Bengals play the Lions in the Super Bowl.  I wouldn't feel as bad if we lost to a team that had also never won one...but of course, I want the win.  Just once, while dad is still here with me to enjoy it.  I would offer a testicle to the NFL Gods if I thought it would help.  When people say "I would give my left nutt..."  I really would.  Hell, they have been "inactivated" anyways.  

Go Bills!  
Reply/Quote
I'm doing fine but I'm rooting for Brady. Guy is definitely what they say he is.... a Goat.

Rodgers.. is probably like Farve.. 1 SB per career?
Reply/Quote
Used to like Brady when he played for the Pats, but not anymore.

Rooting for the Packers to win the whole thing cause I like Rodgers, and want him to win another SB. If Rodgers doesn't win it all, I hope Mahomes does.
Reply/Quote

Doing well, and pulling for your boys and the Chiefs today, and your boys for the Championship.  I'd like to see A-a-ron get a second ring.

(01-22-2021, 11:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm frankly sick if Tom Brady, so I'm pulling for the Pack in that one. That said, I always pull for downtrodden fanbases to get a ring, so I'm hoping the Bills beat the Packers in the SB.

No offense. Mellow

I agree with that logic for the teams that have won a SB prior.  I can't root for the Bills and other teams who have a zero in the SB win column as long as we don't have one ourselves.

Chefs (great googly moogly!) got their second just last season, and they will be in it for quite some time, meanwhile GB doesn't have much time left to keep relying on the Rodger's Rate to buy them a Discount Double Check!
Reply/Quote
Hope you win today, but I have to pull for Buffalo in the final. Their fan base is just to good. Their donations to Lamar's charity topped 500K, let alone what they did for Andy's.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hope you win today, but I have to pull for Buffalo in the final. Their fan base is just to good. Their donations to Lamar's charity topped 500K, let alone what they did for Andy's.

They are awesome with all of that.  Don't forget Boyd, as many gave in his name as well. Too bad Geno didn't make a play to advance them. Think how much they would have reached at $97 a pop!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: Much better than expected..Had a heart attack when the pandemic first got started in this country and thought for sure I was a gonner, but now expecting to get a nice, hefty payday for a kitchen cabinet job in the next few days and I'm absolutely swearing off working on any cabinets with granite countertops.. Those suckers are TOOOO heavy for a 61 year old man to deal with..
I'm kind of split between rooting for the Packers and the Bills. I'm leaning Bills just to give my son something to worry about. He's a Packers fan..

Glad you have recovered!
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
That sucks the Pack lost. Think I am rooting for the Chiefs in the Superbowl now.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Doing well, and pulling for your boys and the Chiefs today, and your boys for the Championship.  I'd like to see A-a-ron get a second ring.

I agree with that logic for the teams that have won a SB prior.  I can't root for the Bills and other teams who have a zero in the SB win column as long as we don't have one ourselves.

Chefs (great googly moogly!) got their second just last season, and they will be in it for quite some time, meanwhile GB doesn't have much time left to keep relying on the Rodger's Rate to buy them a Discount Double Check!

its not the bills your rooting for... Its their fanbase. Not that it matters now..

Goat is gonna goat anyways.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 09:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That sucks the Pack lost. Think I am rooting for the Chiefs in the Superbowl now.

Yeah... Somehow the team that looks unbeatable is more likable than Tampa Bay. I could do without Tyreek Hill though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2021, 01:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can't wait to see what next year's version of the Bengals looks like. (hopefully much improved)

Well the bar is very low already how much worse can it get?
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 04:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well the bar is very low already how much worse can it get?

You know better than that...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 04:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well the bar is very low already how much worse can it get?

(01-26-2021, 04:43 PM)jason Wrote: You know better than that...

To quote Hank, from Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry..."unlimited". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Been loving tuning into the Pat McaFee show from time to time. He had Aaron Rodgers on every Tuesday this season. I'm not much for sports talk shows, but this one is different as it's put on by former players. They have some good conversations and it's quite entertaining. Really enjoy watching Rodgers. I just tune in on youtube after the show aired. Had another good Rodgers interview today.

Was expecting the Pack might lose to Tampa, and fully expected the Chiefs to win. Was pulling for Rodgers to get his second ring though. If they can keep the same team around, I think they can definitely beat Tampa next year and get to or win it all.

The Chiefs have been the best team in the league the past two years. I don't expect to see them lose the SB this year. Tampa's defense isn't as good as the 9ers D was last year--and the Chiefs D looks better than last year. We'll see though. Not sure how long the Chiefs can keep the same team together with the salary cap and all--but they have a legit shot at making a run next year as well (if they keep their core intact).
Reply/Quote