Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How’s everyone doing?
(01-27-2020, 06:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: based on last years play Fred Johnson probly benches 1 of them.   If price is still around and healthy he might get one last shot to get the RG job.

Really hope Price comes around as I thought he had great upside. His short arms have held him back, I hope Turner can teach 
him how to adjust to this shortcoming. This Fred Johnson guy is interesting, hope he is the real deal as I wasn't able to see him 
play the last games of the season. I like what I hear about this guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 10:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really hope Price comes around as I thought he had great upside. His short arms have held him back, I hope Turner can teach 
him how to adjust to this shortcoming. This Fred Johnson guy is interesting, hope he is the real deal as I wasn't able to see him 
play the last games of the season. I like what I hear about this guy.

Johnson was solid, granted we weren't playing the best teams in the world but still he is intriguing. 

I'm losing faith quick in Price, he's leaning hard towards bust. Perhaps he can be coached up and will come out of it ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 02:11 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I haven’t been on in awhile. How’s everyone doing? Is there hope next year for the Bengals? As for us we shall see if our window stays open or not.

Hope? There’s always hope. There’d be more hope if the fans owned the team a la the Packers. As it is, feels like a 5-11 or 6-10 season next year if the usual FA period and draft happens. This team needs a couple of good drafts to overhaul the roster.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 06:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: based on last years play Fred Johnson probly benches 1 of them.   If price is still around and healthy he might get one last shot to get the RG job.

Johnson played well in a small sample size against lower quality opponents. It will be interesting to see what he can do against better teams/personnel. As he is, a useful roster guy, but not a definite lynchpin. I other words, he needs competition in camp or an upgrade if one presents itself. Canning Hart and keeping Johnson as a swing tackle with an upgrade from the draft would be the best case scenario.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2020, 02:11 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I haven’t been on in awhile. How’s everyone doing? Is there hope next year for the Bengals? As for us we shall see if our window stays open or not.

I haven't gotten the Corona virus yet or at least haven't been diagnosed with it so that's good news. However, if I ever do get it this will likely be the last place I'll go to tell everyone the bad news.
Stay healthy everyone. It'll help you live longer in most cases. 9 out of 10 dentists surveyed recommended staying healthy to their patients who were healthy to begin with. That doesn't have much to do with crewing gum though.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 11:02 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This post just reminds me how sick I am of those Aaron Rodgers insurance commercials. Also, whodathunk insurance would become one of the most marketed things?  Wacky.

NO SHIT!!!

During the holidays, I took what ended up being a LOT longer than 15 minutes or whatever they all claim and let four insurance companies that advertise seemingly every minute of every day.  Even more than GD BUD LIGHT!  They couldn't save me a penny.  All substantially more money.  This, from a guy with a perfect driving record and not one accident his fault.  

I asked: "So, who are you guys talking to when you clamor about saving people money?".  They didn't have an answer.  

I thought maybe if your ad budget wasn't half a billion dollars you could save me some money....
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 11:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Johnson was solid, granted we weren't playing the best teams in the world but still he is intriguing. 

I'm losing faith quick in Price, he's leaning hard towards bust. Perhaps he can be coached up and will come out of it ?

Sure hope Price can come out of it. I sure didn't expect this much poor play from him. He is smart and has a great anchor.

He definitely needs to work on a lot this Offseason if he doesn't want to become a bust that is for sure.

The positive is there are other Lineman with short arms that have found a way to still be productive in the NFL.
Reply/Quote