Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
How About My Hometown Boy, Trent Taylor???
I remember Trent playing flag football in our hometown of Corbin , KY when he was about seven or eight years old. Trent had some great catches as punt returner today, a couple of them with people right around him. He saved us probably twenty yards by catching one of them instead of letting it bounce. He is very sure-handed . Also, had a nice 11 yard return on another. And how bout the two-point conversion?!?! That was a HUGE play!!! We might not have won without those two. Congrats to Trent from his fellow Corbinite.

Thoughts on Trent's play?
Reply/Quote
He's made great decisions as a punt returner. When to catch, fair catch, or let it go.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Where did they find him? I heard he was picked up a day or two before the AFCCG. He must be legend at flag football and word must have gotten around.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Totally agree on making him the punt returner. He goes FORWARD and gets positive yards. I think if they would have put him back there earlier in the year, we would have beat SF. (I think that was the game we fumbled two punts, correct?) I love this TEAM this year....everyone seems to know their role and its not me me me.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:53 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Where did they find him? I heard he was picked up a day or two before the AFCCG. He must be legend at flag football and word must have gotten around.

He played at Louisiana Tech . I think he was a fifth round draft pick by the 49er's in 2017.   Caught  43 passes for 430 yards his rookie season with the Niners. He has been on our practice squad all season. He was brought up to be our punt returner after the Phillips' debacle in the SF game. He hauled in two passes in the Cleveland game for 41 yards in week 18 .
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:58 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: Totally agree on making him the punt returner.  He goes FORWARD and gets positive yards.  I think if they would have put him back there earlier in the year, we would have beat SF. (I think that was the game we fumbled two punts, correct?) I love this TEAM this year....everyone seems to know their role and its not me me me.

Yes, Darius Phillips fumbled two punts in that game, I believe.
Reply/Quote
Zac said in his post-game presser that the two point conversion play we saw is a play they run specifically for Trent. He said they put it in shortly after Trent was brought up from the practice squad. Does anyone remember the one other time they ran the play?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:33 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I remember Trent playing  flag football in our hometown of Corbin , KY  when he was about seven or eight years old.  Trent had some great catches as punt returner today, a couple of them with people right around him.  He saved us probably twenty yards by catching one of them instead of letting it bounce. He is very sure-handed .  Also, had a nice 11 yard return on another.  And how bout the two-point conversion?!?!  That was a HUGE play!!! We might not have won without those two.   Congrats to Trent  from his fellow Corbinite.

I didn't realize that! That makes his two point conversion even better! Even if I am an old Briar Jumper. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Congratulations to a fellow briar hopper, great game and huge 2 pt conversion.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:33 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I remember Trent playing  flag football in our hometown of Corbin , KY  when he was about seven or eight years old.  Trent had some great catches as punt returner today, a couple of them with people right around him.  He saved us probably twenty yards by catching one of them instead of letting it bounce. He is very sure-handed .  Also, had a nice 11 yard return on another.  And how bout the two-point conversion?!?!  That was a HUGE play!!! We might not have won without those two.   Congrats to Trent  from his fellow Corbinite.

give him a BIG HUG from our family!!!

Reply/Quote
Taylor is easily our 4th best WR and best WR. (EDIT, meant to say best PR).

He should be a gimmie for the 53 next year.

Should have been on it this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 07:58 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: Totally agree on making him the punt returner.  He goes FORWARD and gets positive yards.  I think if they would have put him back there earlier in the year, we would have beat SF. (I think that was the game we fumbled two punts, correct?) I love this TEAM this year....everyone seems to know their role and its not me me me.

I completely forgot he was the punt returner. I was like, "Who the hell is this Taylor guy?" Does Zac have a relative on the roster?

Then I remembered and I was like, "Duh."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Aw, come on, what's so great about forward?  Don't you remember the entertainment of P-Dub when he'd run back backward to see if something would open up down the field?  Although funny enough, he did bust one wide open against the Chiefs in '03. 
Reply/Quote
Glad we have someone who is dependable to catch punts. An underrated and under appreciated skill that we didn’t have at the beginning of the year.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:52 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Taylor is easily our 4th best WR and best WR.

Agreed on Trent...ever since they plugged him in I dont have to hold my breath with anxiety everytime we are fielding a  punt.
Sure handed, makes good decisions and is not a bad north south kind dude. .....and bonus he is like a poor mans Hunter Renfro.  
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:52 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Taylor is easily our 4th best WR and best WR.

I don't think he's our 4th best receiver, and I definitely don't think he's our best receiver. 

I'll agree on him being on the 53 next year though.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 01:57 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't think he's our 4th best receiver, and I definitely don't think he's our best receiver. 

I'll agree on him being on the 53 next year though.

Damn phone, meant to type best PR. 

Best WR is ridiculous. 
Reply/Quote