Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Drop First Pick Mock
I was not sure about this draft but the more I have looked and thought about it the more I really, really like it...…I gambled in the first round with a couple of players on the board I liked and traded back with Miami getting the 13th selection as well as the 16th pick in the second round. Here is how it went:

Round 1 - 13th Selection:

[Image: 749c1a36120742036c3db455b5c6b19c.jpg]

Jawaan Taylor - 6'5" 312 - OT - Florida:

Having him fall to this point in the draft is highly unlikely but very fortunate for this offense. This team will go as far as the O line takes them and this immediately upgrades them. I did not hate the Hart signing as he is a decent option to have coming off the bench but Taylor will be the RT for the next 10 years.

A stone wall at the point of attack with exceptional athleticism. Gets to the second level with ease and finds the next target when out in space. Can loose technique occasionally but still stops his man dead with poor technique. Day 1 starter and huge upgrade.

Round 2 - 10th Selection:

[Image: wilson-athletic.jpg]

Mack Wilson - 6'1" 240 - LB - Alabama:

We needed a LB that is not a liability in coverage and run to the podium when Wilson is there for us in the 2nd Round. The more film I watch on Wilson the more I believe he is going to be the best LB to come out of this entire draft. Everyone is raving about the 2 Devins but I think when all is said and done that Wilson is the best of the three.

Wilson ran in the 4.65 range at the Bama Pro day. This coupled with his tackling and coverage ability gives us the link we have been missing at LB. I see Wilson starting at WLB day 1 with Brown in the middle then moving to the middle in the nickel. Instant upgrade to this defense,

Round 2 - 16th Selection:

[Image: usatsi_11209582-e1551544483800.jpg?w=100...600&crop=1]

Noah Fant - 6'4" 249 - TE - Iowa:

Fant is going to have to get stronger as a blocker but is an immediate matchup problem at all level. Should be able to develop as a blocker as he seems willing and blocking can be taught. Excellent receiving option and ran a solid 4.5 40. Runs clean routes and appears to really understand the receiving game. Should contribute right away.

Round 3 - 8th Selection:

[Image: 8947129.jpg]

Chris Lindstrom - 6'4" 308 - OG - Boston College:

I like this selection nearly as much as the Taylor selection. There just is not a weakness in the game of Lindstrom. I like the John Miller signing and he is going to add great depth but Lindstrom more than likely is the day 1 starter. Even if Miller gets the job with his NFL experience Lindstrom gives us depth like we have never had as I believe he could step in at any of the interior positions with no issue. He is a technician and should have a very long and productive NFL career.

Round 4 - 8th Selection:

[Image: 9028990.png]

Lonnie Johnson Jr. - 6'2" 213 - CB - Kentucky:

Elite size, speed, length combination. Ran a legit 4.52 40 at the combine. Definitely needs to work on technique and has some things to clean up but if a coaching staff can harness his pure athleticism and raw talent then he could be a very special defender. Has a frame that could add mass without losing his speed so eventually could move into a hybrid role as well. High risk, high reward prospect.

In round 5 there were some selections I liked but nothing that had me super committed so I was able to trade back with the Chargers getting the 28th selection in the 5th as well as the 27th in the 6th round.

Round 5 - 28th selection:

[Image: NIU_CROSBY_3_Resized.jpg]

Max Crosby - 6'5" 255 - DE - Eastern Michigan:

A small school prospect with a ton of athleticism and upside. No doubt will have to put in serious work in and NFL weight room and work his tail off but has some ability. May end up a practice squad candidate but has some skills for an NFL staff to work with. Has flashed against the running game as well as a pass rusher.

Round 6 - 10th Selection:

[Image: albert-huggins.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

Albert Huggins - 6'3" 305 - DT - Clemson:

The forgotten DT from Clemson. One of the issues of playing for programs such as Clemson can be getting lost in the rotation. However, make no mistake Huggins left his mark when he was on the field unfortunately he was behind names like Wilkins and Lawrence.

Huggins is a legit player. Ran a solid 5.12 40 at the combine. This kid is super strong and has elite run stopping ability. Has shown the ability to take on double teams and eat up blockers. Can improve as a rusher but extremely valuable as a run stuffer. Should be able to add valuable snaps right away in our rotation.

Round 6 - 25th Selection:

[Image: ct-spt-notre-dame-miles-boykin-20180419]

Miles Boykin - 6'4" 220 - WR - Notre Dame:

I cant envision him being here at this point but if he is then you certainly gamble on his freakish size and speed. Yes he has been extremely inconsistent but has shown progression so seems to be coachable and has the things you can not coach in boatloads. Insane catch radius and huge upside.

Needs to improve as a route runner and learn to use his body as a receiver. Needs to learn to use his natural gifts to defeat press coverage. IF Taylor and Callahan can harness the raw potential of this young man then the sky is the limit for him.

Round 6 - 27th Selection (from Chargers):

[Image: 635788819966585728-MRS-9905.JPG?width=53...2&fit=crop]

Kiy Hester - 5'11" 209 - DB - Rutgers:

While some list Hester as a CB I believe he is going to be a safety at the NFL level. He is a big hitter with a high football IQ. Nothing jumps out at your about the talent of Hester but he is just an overall solid football player that does not make many mistakes. Solid cover ability that should excel at S and could help in the slot as well if needed.

Round 6 - 37th Selection:

[Image: 8698452.jpg]

Antoine Wesley - 6'4" 206 - WR - Texas Tech:

I had not intention of selecting another receiver here but could not pass on the value that Wesley brings. Wesley is the anti Boykins. He is an absolutely polished receiver. Not a burner but functional football speed and the ability to separate. Understands how to use his body and has elite hands. While Boykins could struggle to be on the field early I could see Wesley pushing someone off the roster and vying for immediate snaps. All reports are that he is as well an extremely high character guy.

Round 6 - 38th Selection:

[Image: JOHNSON_Isaiah_Tulane_05.JPG]

Isaiah Johnson - 6'2" 208 - CB - Houston:

Johnson played his first two collegiate seasons on the other side of the ball as a WR so he is still learning the position but has made great strides already as a boundary corner. Elite size, speed, length combination with outstanding ball skills. Needs to continue to improve his tackling skills and will have to work on not using hands so much but has advanced at a rapid pace. Johnson brings excellent upside at the position.

Round 6 - 40th Selection:

[Image: 884576968-e1514256753661.jpg?w=610&h=343&crop=1]

Dontavius Russell - 6'3" 320 - DT - Auburn:

Russell is a solid all around DT with more pass rush ability than he is given credit for. Could be a force if he can learn to play with better pad level. Should make a real push to be a part of the rotation.

Round 7 - 9th Selection:

[Image: 7703523.jpg]

Gerri Green - 6'4" 252 - LB - Mississippi State:

Green will be reunited with his LB coach upon arriving in Cincinnati. Green actually started to excel at MSU once they moved him to LB as opposed to rush end. Showed some good ability in coverage and ran an extremely solid 4.63 40 at the combine. Green appears to have some really nice upside once he learns the ins and outs of playing the LB position as opposed to just being a pass rusher. Could be a practice squad candidate but has shown some ability that could be cultivated.
Reply/Quote
I really liked the first 4 picks.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I do like this one!
Reply/Quote
I know it is fun, but he chances of us moving back 2 spots and get a 2nd second round pick at #17 in round 2 are slim to none. That makes your entire draft bad in my opinion.

I have no issue with Taylor at #11, but likely will not be there at #13 or #11.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 11:37 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know it is fun, but he chances of us moving back 2 spots and get a 2nd second round pick at #17 in round 2 are slim to none. That makes your entire draft bad in my opinion.

I have no issue with Taylor at #11, but likely will not be there at #13 or #11.

Extremely unlikely.
Reply/Quote
Would absolutely love this but i agree with Luvnit and Hammerstripes that that trade is highly unlikely and Taylor probably won't make it to 13. Who knows though? I really like your Hester, Wesley and Gerri Green picks late, watched Wesley play last year and he impressed me, nice size and hands. Gerri Green is a big, fast Linebacker with talent, could be a steal.
Reply/Quote
Couldn't Wesley ( Hope we get this guy) put in a few pounds and be a TE?
Reply/Quote
I have had Huggins, Boykin, and Johnson in multiple mocks. I think they represent real value in those later rounds. With the testing numbers Johnson has put up, I don't see how he falls that far, but I keep taking him.

Great draft overall. I will never criticize them for going OT with pick 1...just like the Lions who whiffed on a number of WRs before getting Megatron. You don't stop trying.
Reply/Quote
That being said - Taylor and Wilson going 1-2 would be a great draft
Reply/Quote
Solid mock
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote