Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are You Doing In Your Leagues?!
In the board league, I got beat in the playoffs because Brady choked.

I'm in the finals of four of six money leagues and lost in a fifth league by two points because Ekeler put up 23.9 points last night.

Rant

In the league that matters, the one with my friends from before the wreck, I'm in the finals with Burrow and Mixon and I'm playing my best friend from growing up. In the fantasy points projections, I'm projected to win 115.85 to 109.46, which Yahoo's projections are always off, but it's a nice starting point. Burrow and Mixon on Monday Night Football has me excited, especially since it's with the Bills, so I'm sure it will be a shootout! I also have Cook and Singletary, but I don't think either one will put up a lot of points against us, especially since our defense is top ten in least amount of fantasy points given up to running backs and I also think they'll be throwing a lot to try and keep up with us. I'm conflicted on who to start between Zay Jones and Brian Robinson because they're both projected to score the same amount of points. Robinson is 15th on my ap (DraftSharks) and 14th on DraftKings, but 36th on ProFootballNetwork.

Who do I start there?!

My brother made me CGM (Crippled General Manager) in two of his leagues, both of which are pretty big money.

In one league, I have Jalen Hurts and Daniel Jones, which I'd start Hurts, but how long will he play since they have everything locked up? Jones isn't a bad replacement. Do I roll with Jones? I have Barkley and Pollard, which Pollard was held out of practice today, so do I wait until the updates tomorrow and roll with him if he's healthy? I have Brian Robinson in that league too. At receiver, I have AJ Brown and B Cooks starting at receiver with Pickens as my only possible starter there but I have a waiver claim in for Dotson. Do I start him if I get him? I have Kelce at tight end.

Actually, in one league that my brother made me the CGM, the finals was this week and I won.

Who Dey

That league is with my cousin, who's a doctor, so I'm guessing it's for a lot of money!

In the last league, it's actually one of three leagues that a bouncer at the bar behind my place got me into, I'm playing him in the finals. No real questions there. We're projected as a 50-50 result.

The finals of four of six leagues isn't bad!

How are you doing in your leagues?!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 07:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How are you doing in your leagues?!

Three leagues, three devastating losses in the semifinals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 10:47 AM)hollodero Wrote: Three leagues, three devastating losses in the semifinals.

Explain because I love to hear these stories!
Reply/Quote
in Leg 2 of the finals. PPR league where reception yards are 10 yards to a point instead of 15. So i drafted Jefferson first, Hill second, Burrow 3rd. (Or Burrow 2nd i forget). Been mostly a cakewalk of a season. Akers was my first RB taken and i'm glad Baker Mayfield recharged him for my playoff run.

Though the league is sort of a joke with many casual fans. One girl drafted her team based upon sexiness (in last place) and another drafted based on who had the best astrology signs to mesh with her QB Patrick Mahomes (in championship vs me).

The lesson here? Hell if i know.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 10:47 AM)hollodero Wrote: Three leagues, three devastating losses in the semifinals.

That’s a pretty good season. I mean, yeah, you may not have won but it had to be fun getting there. 

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 01:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Explain because I love to hear these stories!

Hm, not much to explain. I have a superflex league with Austrian friends, that exists for 9 or 10 years... I made the playoffs every single year and have won the total of one playoff game in that span. My team always takes a nosedive end of season, I usually do not know why. There's a saying in German, whoever has the damage does not need to take care about the mockery. Proven true.

This year, I tried to be counter-intuitive, putting Goodwin in instead of Higgins because Lockett was hurt and NE is an awful matchup and KC is a wonderful one. That didn't help either, it was dumb to begin with and Goodwin got hurt, but even Higgins' 22,8 points would not have helped. My QBs were Herbert and Tua, and Herbert did nothing while Tua decided that throwing a thousand late game interceptions is fun. My RBs were Dobbins and Jones - I traded away Jacobs for Jones for the playoffs, which was smart per se (Jacobs made 5,5 points against Pitt), but Jones also was hobbled. My bench did great. Foreman and Allgeier were sitting there, as was Brock Purdy who also easily outscored my starters. TE was Juwan Johnson (all my TEs got hurt before) who I got in the Jacobs trade, well that was nothing as well. And so on.

Then of course there's the Bengals Board league, easier to explain that one. Hurts brought me there, Hurts was hurt. Along with Kupp and Samuel that was too much to overcome. Especially since my backup was also Tua. Sad thing of course, I also have a semifinal loss streak of four in that one.

And theres the PnR league, where you are in. I lost decisively, but it was well-deserved and playoffs were already a miracle.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 03:25 PM)basballguy Wrote: in Leg 2 of the finals.  PPR league where reception yards are 10 yards to a point instead of 15.  So i drafted Jefferson first, Hill second, Burrow 3rd.  (Or Burrow 2nd i forget).  Been mostly a cakewalk of a season.  Akers was my first RB taken and i'm glad Baker Mayfield recharged him for my playoff run.  

Though the league is sort of a joke with many casual fans.  One girl drafted her team based upon sexiness (in last place) and another drafted based on who had the best astrology signs to mesh with her QB Patrick Mahomes (in championship vs me).  

The lesson here?  Hell if i know.
In the league that matters, I drafted Burrow at the end of the 5th round and the next qb didn't go until the 8th round, so it sounds stupid, but since we're all from or in Cinci (with the exception of one Steelers fan), Burrow would likely have gone earlier.
(12-29-2022, 05:19 PM)hollodero Wrote: Hm, not much to explain. I have a superflex league with Austrian friends, that exists for 9 or 10 years... I made the playoffs every single year and have won the total of one playoff game in that span. My team always takes a nosedive end of season, I usually do not know why. There's a saying in German, whoever has the damage does not need to take care about the mockery. Proven true.

This year, I tried to be counter-intuitive, putting Goodwin in instead of Higgins because Lockett was hurt and NE is an awful matchup and KC is a wonderful one. That didn't help either, it was dumb to begin with and Goodwin got hurt, but even Higgins' 22,8 points would not have helped. My QBs were Herbert and Tua, and Herbert did nothing while Tua decided that throwing a thousand late game interceptions is fun. My RBs were Dobbins and Jones - I traded away Jacobs for Jones for the playoffs, which was smart per se (Jacobs made 5,5 points against Pitt), but Jones also was hobbled. My bench did great. Foreman and Allgeier were sitting there, as was Brock Purdy who also easily outscored my starters. TE was Juwan Johnson (all my TEs got hurt before) who I got in the Jacobs trade, well that was nothing as well. And so on.

Then of course there's the Bengals Board league, easier to explain that one. Hurts brought me there, Hurts was hurt. Along with Kupp and Samuel that was too much to overcome. Especially since my backup was also Tua. Sad thing of course, I also have a semifinal loss streak of four in that one.

And theres the PnR league, where you are in. I lost decisively, but it was well-deserved and playoffs were already a miracle.
Yeah, that's harsh!

In the PnR league, I was projected to win by 26 in the playoffs and lost! 

Mad
Reply/Quote

I was fortunate enough to lose 4 straight in this league, get eliminated, win my final reg season game then be the highest scoring team in the league the first 2 weeks of playoffs when it didn't matter a damn bit.

9-1 in my other draft league, lose 4 straight to end the season (both leagues in the stupidest ways possible--more on that later) and finish 2nd after leading wire to wire, get a first round bye then lose my semifinal game by .28 when my opponents kicker scored 14 pts Sunday night. As the cherry on top, it was my bosses RB who scored a TD in his game which lead to the extra point in my game that beat me... And for good measure, in my 3rd league i lost first round of the playoffs by 2 pts. 

This fantasy football stuff has been soooooooooooooo much fun this year, i'm taking at least a year off. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 03:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That’s a pretty good season. I mean, yeah, you may not have won but it had to be fun getting there

*engage Andy Dalton syndrome.

/disengage...

[Image: pc-fire.gif]

*disengage failed...try again...and again...and again...and again...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Listen to this: in the league that matters with my good friends from before the tree, like I said, I'm in the league with my friends from before the wreck and I'm playing my best friend growing up that was my first ever friend.

I have Mixon and Burrow, so it will likely come down to that final game, and now my friend's going to the game with me!

With Gibson out, Brian Robinson should have a BIG game and help me to victory!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 01:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: *engage Andy Dalton syndrome.

/disengage...

[Image: pc-fire.gif]

*disengage failed...try again...and again...and again...and again...

[Image: burn.gif]

Reply/Quote
I barely missed the playoffs. It was a tough year. I had the #1OA pick and selected Taylor. What a letdown that was. At least I didn't get last.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 12:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I barely missed the playoffs. It was a tough year. I had the #1OA pick and selected Taylor. What a letdown that was. At least I didn't get last.

Ditto with our league here. 1oa and I took Taylor. Season was done before it started.

Reply/Quote
I’m losing by about 10 points in the 2nd leg of the championship. Opponent has no players left and I have one…Joe F’N Burrow.

I like my chances
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
In the league that matters, I'm going into tomorrow night down a lot with Burrow and Mixon still to play.

I'm projected to only lose by ten, so I'm hoping they both have big nights!
Reply/Quote
I'm in the championship game and i'm up 76 points going into tomorrow night's game. I still have McPherson and he still has Burrow and Mixon. Really glad for the huge lead so i don't have to root against the Bengals that much if at all.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I’ve got 3 leagues…

- I won the ***official*** board league here. You got that? ***Official***

- I’m in the championship game of the P&R board league, down 20, with Burrow, Higgins, and Tyler Bass still to play. I’m chalking this one up as a loss, though it still shows a 90% win probability. Stupid computer doesn’t understand.

- I’m also in the championship of my money league with coworkers. Also with Burrow and Higgins left to play. But on this one, I’m down by 65 points, so it would have likely been a loss anyway. Oh well…I get money for 2nd, and I’ll take one gold and two silvers for the year.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote