Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Are Your Mock Draft Practices Going ???
I just did my first Mock Draft. People had already taken middle spots. Fine, I took the #1 Pick.....I was all set to take Elliott and I was clicking his name. His profile kept popping up. I even hit draft. I did not get him....Later when I put players in the QUEUE I got them automatic if they were top of my list and ready to go....I had other problems I need to work out. Such as having a player in the QUEUE but not a second guy ready to go right away....or.....Once having 2 RB's in the QUEUE and I got both, but I didn't want both. .....Things to work on in draft practice....I also only had the RB's I wanted...I had no lists of QB's, WR's, TE's, Defenses or Kickers.....But I wanted to get a Mock Draft under my belt..

For all my mistakes, I could live with this team. I didn't pick Elliott in the first pick slot, I messed up, but Computer gave me Le'Veon Bell.....My team ended up QB - Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Alex Smith...RB - Le'Veon Bell, Jay Ajayi, Lamar Miller, Jeremy Hill....WR - Emmanuel Sanders, Larry Fitzgerald, Ted Ginn, Kenny Britt....TE- Kyle Rudolph....Kicker- Nick Novak.....Defense-Minnesota Vikings.....I know I drafted Newton, Luck, Ajayi, Miller, Sanders, Fitzgerald and Britt...Computer made my other picks as I fumbled my picks. ...I didn't work the QUEUE the right way....I also had a hard time seeing my turns to draft....Things to hammer out in Mock Draft Practice....If I had got Elliott and Ajayi, I should have removed Miller and added a top QB or WR. Probably WR since I got Luck later and there were other good late QBs...For all my mistakes, it's not a bad team to start with. I was going to draft TE-Henry when draft ended. I think I would have went to Free Agency and added a second TE like Henry and dropped Alex Smith.

Not a bad team, but I got lucky....I need much more Mock Draft practice before the real thing later. Taking the first pick to draft Elliott and not getting him because I didn't know what computer buttons to punch is not acceptable. I'm glad they have these Mock Draft Practices. Bells a good pick, but I really don't want many Steerlers on my team, that means I have to kind of root for them. There are good Non Steelers Players to pick..... I did this Mock to see if I could draft RB's better this year, and I got a good stable of RB's.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I suck again!

QB Tom Brady NE - QB 9
WR Terrelle Pryor Sr. Was - WR 5
WR Martavis Bryant Pit - WR 9
WR DeVante Parker Mia - WR 11
RB Joe Mixon Cin - RB 6
RB Frank Gore Ind - RB 11
TE Jack Doyle Ind - TE 11
BN James White NE - RB 9
BN Jeremy Hill Cin - RB 6
BN John Brown Ari - WR 8
BN Kenny Stills Mia - WR 11
BN Julius Thomas Mia - TE
BN Mike Glennon Chi - QB
K Matt Bryant Atl - K
DEF Seattle DEF

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I tried several practices going first and going last....I'm discovering NOT to take a bunch of RB's early....Take the best one I can get....At the top, to me it's Elliott. If I pick last, I can maybe get Howard or Ajayi.... I can't get Aaron Rogers at this point...but I can get TY Hilton at WR and Andrew Luck most of the time...I can get maybe a Golden Tate or Larry Fitsgerald or Mike Wallace or Kenny Britt.....I can get another QB like Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton or Joe Flacco....Maybe a RB like Blount or Gore or Hill or Forte.....Maybe a TE like Henry or Eifert .....I can get a good late defense like Patriots, Giants, Steelers, Broncos, Seahawks, Cowboys, Bengals, there is D late....I like it if I can get Tucker or Vinatieri, but just as long as I get a decent kicker.....

So I did 6 or 7 Mock Drafts because I needed it...My first time I couldn't click on Elliott and Computer made half my picks....My second time I was going good until I was taken into a Buffalo Wings add. I couldn't find my way back to the draft until the last rounds....I did one where my QUEUE LIST didn't work. It only showed 5 players I put in it and they were off the boards. ...Then there were ones everything went good. I discovered I could load up on RB's but my WR's weren't very hot....My last one I got in with about 8 minutes to build my QUEUE LIST...I put in My TOP RB's, My Top QBs and Many WR's I wanted. ..I got my RB, I got my WR, I got my QB....I had time too add to the QUEUE List as others picked....I found out how to advance ahead on the players lists to find who I wanted.....Luck was on page 3.....Patriots Defense was on page 5 or 6....Learning how to move to the next pages is key....Now I know how people last year were drafting players I didn't see on the front page list. They had practiced and I hadn't.....It helps to know where they have hidden your players in their lists.

I was on CBS Free Fantasy League Draft....and practicing on their Mock Drafts for free.

As for Bengals, AJ Green is off the boards fast. I don't even try. Same with Mixon. ...It is possible to land the top pick WR later, Ross is back a few pages with Jones and Sanu, guys who would round out a team nicely....and I sure don't mind adding Dalton or Hill in later rounds as bench back-ups. ...and you could do worse than Bengals Defense. They are one of the Top 10 Defenses. I also noticed Eifert was dropped back to page 3 or 4 or 5. Getting him as a late pick not bad either. ....There is no way I'm going to get AJ Green and no way I go that high for Mixon over Luck or TY Hilton. I'm not trying to draft an all Bengals team anyway. I might on one free team, what the heck, but for the most part, it's not how you draft Fantasy Teams.

Anyway....more practices coming before I pick my teams....I see the real trick is knowing what page these guys are on. They have Patriots Defense buried on page 5 or 6, are you kidding. That's a late round steal if nobody see's them buried back there. They have Luck back on page 3 or page 4. TY Hilton on page 2. ...and the draft seconds go fast....Knowing where they hid some of these guys is the trick, that and being ready for start of draft so you have time to build your wish list. ....Diamonds in the rough. I see no problem getting a Star RB in Round One and then My Star WR and Star QB....I would be very happy to get a top RB and Luck throwing to Hilton, all in my first 3 picks.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Do you have any other good sites to check out for practicing Mock Drafting?  I need all the help I can get!!!!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I never do mock drafts. I just do the real drafts. Heck, I win more often just letting the computer pick the best player available.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I wasted 2 CBS Sports Mock Drafts tonight as I wrote down what number they had players listed at...

Then practicing picking last I made a who will be on the board where list...and it pretty much worked.

At picks 12 and 13 I grabbed RB-Howard and WR-AJ GREEN. Someone reached up and took Beckham but I want Green anyway...At picks 36 and 37 somebody grabbed McCaffrey-RB right before me. I did grab TY Hilton-WR and I rushed and found Latavius Murray-RB to replace McCaffrey.....Picks 60 and 61 were easy as I had Larry Fitzgerald -WR and LeGarrettte Blount-RB all set to go.....Picks 84 and 85 also easy as I had Ben Rothlisberger-QB and Andrew Luck-QB all set to go.....Picks 108 and 109 also easy as i had Jermy Hill-RB and Mike Williams-WR all set to go.....Then I got thrown a curve in picks 132 and 133. Somebody grabbed Ross-WR. I was trying to land both rookies Williams and Ross. I did get Henry-TE that I had set and rushed to pick Tyrell Williams in time.....Picks 170 and 171 was another curve ball. Somebody grabbed Patriots Defense right be fore me. I grabbed Vinatieri-K and rushed and first good defense I came to I clicked Bengals with just seconds left.

So knowing where CBS has these players listed helped...I would have liked to have grabbed McCaffrey, Ross and Patriots Defense, but that's the draft, teams jump up and grab players right before your turn. I did get 11 players out of 14 that I set out to get. If I do as good on the real drafts, I'll be happy. I was very tempted to take the rookie Fournette over Howard as my first pick RB drafting last at 12. I would have loved to have grabbed First Round rookies McCaffrey, Williams and Ross, but I only got Williams. Others had the same idea. I thought getting Big Ben and Luck as QB's in 7th and 8th round of 14 round draft was a steal.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 03:04 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Do you have any other good sites to check out for practicing Mock Drafting?  I need all the help I can get!!!!

Whatever Fantasy Leagues you are in, they probably have Mock Drafts....but if you Google up Mock Drafts, there are many of them.....I kind of like them. You learn how to work the draft sites and what buttons to push, and it's kind of interesting like Poker on who you will get....Playing NFL Draft as you pick is fun and better than TV. ...If you mess up, it's only a Mock Draft....you just try again. .....I only play and practice on FREE ones. I suggest only using FREE mock drafts. CBS Sports Mock Draft is Free.....When it says you can enter the draft room, jump right in, and use the 5 minutes or so to find your players and build them in your draft list. Then if you have time to add some back-ups in case those guys get picked, even better. Try to have back-ups to all your picks just in case.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I just use ESPN to do mocks. I think you have to have an account though.

I also have seen DJ pretty much going #1 overall. Whats your reasoning for Elliott? (I don't think it's a bad choice)
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 10:13 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: I just use ESPN to do mocks. I think you have to have an account though.

I also have seen DJ pretty much going #1 overall. Whats your reasoning for Elliott? (I don't think it's a bad choice)

Well for one, he's looking at a possible 2 game suspension.  So that means he won't be available for 3 games.  I do A LOT of mocks on Yahoo, and he's starting to slip.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2017, 03:38 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I never do mock drafts. I just do the real drafts. Heck, I win more often just letting the computer pick the best player available.

Same here, I just roll with it.  I might spend an hour or so, studying up on fantasy draft projection lists, etc.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've done 2 live mocks so far and received a draft grade of "F" in both. I need some conditioning.

Reply/Quote
Just did my first one with no real planning or strategy:

Drafted like my lineup would be:
QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
WR-TE-RB
K
D

1.) Le'Veon Bell- I picked third because I figured I could get Zeke because, even with his suspension, that line is always a monster and he'll be a touchdown machine. However, assuming Bell can layoff puffing the cheeba, he should be the top back in the league. As much as that and this pains me to say, their offense will be tough to stop with Bryant returning to the lineup and Bell should benefit.

2.) Amari Cooper- with Carr getting that big deal and Cooper still young and developing, I think he's ready for a big year and I think they'll use him in the red zone more as Carr and the coaches begin to trust him more. I pick up Carr later, which was my plan, so they can go off together.

3.) Brandin Cooks- Cooks is a speedster, which Tom Brady loves because he can just launch it deep, but I also think he's going to climb the ladder in their pass-first offense.

4.) Joe Mixon- I was nervous here because of our o-line, but I'm hoping they can open a few holes because I think Mixon will burst onto the scene.

5.) Davante Adams- Rodgers as his QB and coming off a strong year.

6.) Jimmy Graham- I should have taken Bennett here, but Graham had a solid year last year. I just think Bennett will be a machine in the red zone for Rodgers. Risky since I just took Adams, but I think there will be enough passes to go around.

7.) Derek Carr- big contract and I think people are underestimating just how good he really is because he dislocated his finger and finished slow. I think he'll be a top five quarterback this year, especially with Marshawn taking some heat off of him.

8.) C.J. Prosise- he's underrated coming off of injury, and Lacy could steal some red zone touches and scores, but I like Prosise's big play ability.

9.) Eric Decker- will be the Titans #1 receiver and Mariota is a machine in the red zone, so Decker should put up a lot of touchdowns.

10.) John Brown- fell this far because he missed all last season, and it does scare me that Palmer looks like he's on the downside of his career, but Brown could put up solid numbers if Palmer can be even decent. Sleeper value.

11.) Corey Coleman- panicked because I was running out of time, but Coleman could be good if he can just stay healthy.

12.) Dak- I couldn't pass on him this late. Probably won't have as big a year as last year, but it was good value this late.

13.) OJ Howard- another panic pick, and he's not even starting, but I think he could put up between 5 and 10 touchdowns. Not bad for my TE2.

14.) Steelers D- hate them, but they should have a good D.

15.) Adam C.J. Prosise - I think he's like 60, but he should have a decent year.

Thoughts? I'm thinking maybe switch Coleman for another back.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 08:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 3.)  Brandin Cooks- Cooks is a speedster, which Tom Brady loves because he can just launch it deep, but I also think he's going to climb the ladder in their pass-first offense.

10.)  John Brown- fell this far because he missed all last season, and it does scare me that Palmer looks like he's on the downside of his career, but Brown could put up solid numbers if Palmer can be even decent.  Sleeper value.

Really like these 2.  I target them every time I mock, which I'm almost to 50.  lol  (Seriously though.)
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 08:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Really like these 2.  I target them every time I mock, which I'm almost to 50.  lol  (Seriously though.)

Impressive lol

I do LOVE Cooks, and I would LOVE Brown just as much, but Palmer's decline in play scares me.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 07:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I've done 2 live mocks so far and received a draft grade of "F" in both. I need some conditioning.

You better step it up Dog!  I believe we verse eachother in one of the leagues week one.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 09:56 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You better step it up Dog!  I believe we verse eachother in one of the leagues week one.

I didn't think it deserved an "F" but what do I know?

1. Devonta Freeman (Atl - RB)
2. Joe Mixon (Cin - RB)
3. Isaiah Crowell (Cle - RB)
4. Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
5. Kirk Cousins (Was - QB)
6. Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
7. DeVante Parker (Mia - WR)
8. Willie Snead (NO - WR)
9. Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
10. Cincinnati (Cin - DEF)
11. Kenny Britt (Cle - WR)
12. Terrance West (Bal - RB)
13. Carson Palmer (Ari - QB)
14. Carolina (Car - DEF)
15. Coby Fleener (NO - TE)

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 10:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I didn't think it deserved an "F" but what do I know?

1. Devonta Freeman (Atl - RB)
2. Joe Mixon (Cin - RB)
3. Isaiah Crowell (Cle - RB)
4. Jordan Reed (Was - TE)
5. Kirk Cousins (Was - QB)
6. Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
7. DeVante Parker (Mia - WR)
8. Willie Snead (NO - WR)
9. Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
10. Cincinnati (Cin - DEF)
11. Kenny Britt (Cle - WR)
12. Terrance West (Bal - RB)
13. Carson Palmer (Ari - QB)
14. Carolina (Car - DEF)
15. Coby Fleener (NO - TE)

This is only my opinion.  But your RB's look weak, and your bench just sucks.  What position did you draft from?
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 11:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This is only my opinion.  But your RB's look weak, and your bench just sucks.  What position did you draft from?

10th.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 01:23 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well for one, he's looking at a possible 2 game suspension.  So that means he won't be available for 3 games.  I do A LOT of mocks on Yahoo, and he's starting to slip.

I mean why is he choosing Elliott over DJ and Bell?
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 08:46 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: I mean why is he choosing Elliott over DJ and Bell?

Oh.  Sorry.
Reply/Quote