Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Bad Is It If Colts Win ???
I'm not being sarcastic. If Bengals win they are 3-4 with chance to go 4-4 first 8 games. That's IF they beat the Colts. What if the also lousy Colts win, in THE JUNGLE sending Bengals to 2-5 on the season ???......How Bad would this team be ? Would the players have anything to laugh about in the locker at 2-5 on the season after losing at home to Colts without Luck.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It would be real bad. But then again, we could mourn early and get it out of the way.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
IF the Bengals beat the Colts, and IF they turn this trainwreck of a team around, they could possibly make a run at a Wild Card spot in a weak AFC this year. I see zero chances of them catching the Stealers this year for the Division. Not that that wouldn't just lead to another 1 and out, and could possibly see Lewis extended. Probably better off overall just to lose out.....
Reply/Quote
About as bad as getting curb stomped by your chief rival, with them converting fake punts, smiling and throwing long passes while up 15 late in the 4th.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 08:44 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: About as bad as getting curb stomped by your chief rival, with them converting fake punts, smiling and throwing long passes while up 15 late in the 4th.

Man, that Pissburgh game deflated me this season. I knew that we weren't going to do much because of our OL, but I thought that we could still have a chance at the division since they seemed to be going through a lot of drama and Ben on the decline. Oh well, Ben won't be in league much longer.
Reply/Quote
I guarantee you that Colts fans are looking at the 2-4 Bengals and thinking they will beat us too.

I think the worst part about a win is it will restore fans hopes that this team can make a run and make the playoffs and win a game.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 09:55 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Man, that Pissburgh game deflated me this season. I knew that we weren't going to do much because of our OL, but I thought that we could still have a chance at the division since they seemed to be going through a lot of drama and Ben on the decline. Oh well, Ben won't be in league much longer.

Sad when we have to hope for them to fall apart because we know our team won't rise to meet the challenge.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 09:58 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I guarantee you that Colts fans are looking at the 2-4 Bengals and thinking they will beat us too.

I think the worst part about a win is it will restore fans hopes that this team can make a run and make the playoffs and win a game.

I don't know too many people who would have restored hope after a win over the not so great Colts team. If we beat the Jags and Steelers (basically going 6-0 the next 6 weeks) then I will have restored hope, but until then.....

(10-26-2017, 09:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sad when we have to hope for them to fall apart because we know our team won't rise to meet the challenge.

What Marvin Lewis coached team ever rose to the challenge? Marvin has always been bad against teams with winning records, and teams we play in prime time, and playoff teams. Basically any team that has good coaching beats us.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 10:07 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: What Marvin Lewis coached team ever rose to the challenge? Marvin has always been bad against teams with winning records, and teams we play in prime time, and playoff teams. Basically any team that has good coaching beats us.

I didn't mean that as a knock on the players. What is Marv now? 8-23 against the Steelers? One sweep in 15 years? They've swept us 8 times and heading for their 9th.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 10:11 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I didn't mean that as a knock on the players. What is Marv now? 8-23 against the Steelers? One sweep in 15 years? They've swept us 8 times and heading for their 9th.

I really think this is his last year. I don't see him getting an extension. You can tell he's had enough of this in the way he's doing press conferences now. I'm just hoping that we get someone proven at least at the college level as a HC and not just a coordinator. I like Guenther, but I don't know how well he would be as a HC. He might be like a Hue Jackson, good coordinator but bad coach, or he could be like a Zimmer. I just don't want to roll the dice on it when we know Brown will give extension after extension for poor to slightly above average performances.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals should not lose to any of the following teams: Browns, Colts (without Luck), Giants (without their WRs), and 49ers.
If the Bengals lose to the Colts, Marvin Lewis should be fired on Monday.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 10:49 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I really think this is his last year. I don't see him getting an extension. You can tell he's had enough of this in the way he's doing press conferences now. I'm just hoping that we get someone proven at least at the college level as a HC and not just a coordinator. I like Guenther, but I don't know how well he would be as a HC. He might be like a Hue Jackson, good coordinator but bad coach, or he could be like a Zimmer. I just don't want to roll the dice on it when we know Brown will give extension after extension for poor to slightly above average performances.

I wouldn't hate a college coach, but there are some really fantastic options that are coordinators right now. I get the argument for a college coach. They're in charge of everything. That said, being in charge of everything at the college level is nothing like the pro's or in particular how the Bengals are run. It's a world of difference. I could also argue that coordinators usually have more experience at the NFL level and often have head coaching experience at some level.

Plus Marvin himself was a coordinator when we hired him, and he adapted to Mike quite easily. If the choice came down to James Franklin (Penn State) and Matt LaFleur (Rams OC), I'm taking LaFleur. Wouldn't hate a Franklin hire at all, but I view LaFleur as a superior HC candidate. 

TL;DR- I just look at the candidate. Whether they are a college coach or not is mostly irrelevant to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 10:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals should not lose to any of the following teams: Browns, Colts (without Luck), Giants (without their WRs), and 49ers.
If the Bengals lose to the Colts, Marvin Lewis should be fired on Monday.

Good thing we don't play Giants or 49ers because we would probably lose to them.

Lets say Bengals beat Colts, and that is an IF....Bengals go to Jacksonville to play red hot Jaguars. That would be a huge win on the road. I don't see it happening.  Then on the road to Tennessee and that's a rough one.  Then at Denver and that's just a loss.  We never win in Denver.  Almost nobody ever wins in Denver. Huge home team advantage due to breathing air, loud crowd, almost always a good team. Their D will eat our O Line alive.  So these 3 road games don't look good and no reason to be thinking play-offs if we Luck Out of Colts without Luck. 

At this point, I would not say 2-4 Bungles are the favorite to beat anybody, including Colts in Cincy which is the shortest distance between 2 NFL football cities.  It's not like flying to Seattle and Indy has a short trip into Cincy, almost like driving down from Dayton or up from Lexington.  If Bengals come out flat with NO BLOCKING they will get beat.  This thing of NO BLOCKING. I don't care who else you have, you don't win without blocking. If Ross plays, it doesn't mean a thing without blocking. 

Looking at Bengals 3 road games coming up, The lousy Colts might be a game to go back to the basics of run blocking. This might be game to go Woody Hayes and run it the whole 1st quarter no matter the score or field position or down. If these bozo's can't run block, I guarantee they can't pass block. Line these clowns up and give them a day in the field run blocking. Try to bring them somewhat together as an offensive line. If we can develop a run game against Colts that might help in these road games to establish run to open up the pass. Problem is I don't think Marvin see's a problem with his 2-4 team and therefore won't go back to basics to fix it. Marvin see's it as not broken, so why fix it.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I hate to bring this up, but, this has a familiar ring to it. A bad team that just got their head handed to them will be motivated and angry which will result in a Bengals defeat at home. We all know that our team will come out uninspired with our clap happy leader and lay an egg. We’ve seen it before with this group. I hope I am wrong.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals losing any game that's left this season will not come as a big shock to me, Cleveland included ! And in the end it doesn't really matter. We're going nowhere this season.

Having said that - bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2017, 06:03 PM)freezebowlbengal Wrote: I hate to bring this up, but, this has a familiar ring to it. A bad team that just got their head handed to them will be motivated and angry 

Maybe we'll get lucky and this time we'll be the crappy team that comes out pissed and rolls the other team.  Meh, probably not.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I've worked very hard in my life and studied hard as well to make sure I wasn't cleaning septic tanks or scrubbing toilets. HTF did I end up here? Oh well, I love my Cincinnati Benturds so I guess if life hands you lemons and you make lemonade? I will make shit shakes and fuggin deal with it.

Reply/Quote
It would be like thinking you hit rock bottom, only to look down and realize there is no bottom. Only an infinite fall. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It would be over.

The draft pick watch would begin.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If they lost to the colts,it's over plain and simple . And we should just experiment with stuff like try aj McCarron. I'm sure fans would be outraged.
Reply/Quote