Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can Americans Not Be Alarmed
Up to 25 people had security denials overturned.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/01/708726227/whistle-blower-says-white-house-overturned-denials-of-25-for-security-clearances

Some of these people wouldn't even be able to get a job at a post office.

How can they have all of our deepest security secrets? Military (ours and our Allies) weaponry, cites, location etc. What all do they know that they shouldn't. And who all knows all of our business besides the Russians, China, and NK (from Trump and his family's private cell phone usage for official government business)?

When will Americans start caring about America again?

This isn't right people. There are security clearances for a reason. Never before has America's most classified information just been floating out there everywhere.

If we ever go to war, we'll see how much our enemy's know. And we'll have Trump to blame.

If this was Obama or Hillary who did this. Could you imagine?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
It would be nice if we could see each one and why. I have no doubt that security clearances could be politicized as much as anything else. Although Kushner would be a slam dunk no.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Why aren't you thanking Obama's officials that relaxed the requirements for the security clearance guidelines. And Obama lackey Porter (who also needed Obama's approval) was one of the ones that worked on this.

The guidelines now allow staffers with dual passports, tax problems and suspicious lie detector test results to receive clearances.

Many of these guys are denied because of silly things that should be overlooked. Not everyone is squeaky clean.
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article201717344.html

Obama even made it easier for TrumpCo to get access.

Honestly, though this whole thing only bothers me in regard to active troop deployments, and I don't think that's something TrumpCo is worried about. They're there to make money, troop movements don't really factor into that I don't think.

I'm more worried about us continuing to sell the Saudis weapons and give them nuclear technology. There's reasonable questions about possible involvement by the government and definite involvement by its citizens in the biggest terror attack on the US... but we're going to help them advance their nuclear capabilities? WTH!?
(04-01-2019, 04:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Why aren't you thanking Obama's officials that relaxed the requirements for the security clearance guidelines. And Obama lackey Porter (who also needed Obama's approval) was one of the ones that worked on this.

I knew this was all Obama's fault!  Rolleyes

(04-01-2019, 04:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: The guidelines now allow staffers with dual passports, tax problems and suspicious lie detector test results to receive clearances.

Many of these guys are denied because of silly things that should be overlooked. Not everyone is squeaky clean.

Nervous

Sooo....which is it?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-01-2019, 04:52 PM)Benton Wrote: https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article201717344.html

Obama even made it easier for TrumpCo to get access.

Honestly, though this whole thing only bothers me in regard to active troop deployments, and I don't think that's something TrumpCo is worried about. They're there to make money, troop movements don't really factor into that I don't think.

I'm more worried about us continuing to sell the Saudis weapons and give them nuclear technology. There's reasonable questions about possible involvement by the government and definite involvement by its citizens in the biggest terror attack on the US... but we're going to help them advance their nuclear capabilities? WTH!?

Are you suggesting that Trump and his minions would bend the rules for uses they were never intended?!?!   Shocked

From the article you linked:

Quote:The new guidelines have fueled suspicion that the seemingly slight changes in Obama’s final weeks — intended to broaden the pool of potential federal government employees — are being used to give clearances to White House aides who would have otherwise not been able to obtain them.

Evelyn Farkas, a former deputy assistant secretary of defense who is now a nonresident senior fellow at the Atlantic Council, said the changes were made to the guidelines to make it easier for the federal government to attract quality applicantsBut the easing of rules is now a cause for concern given the number of staffers that worked in the White House with questionable backgrounds, including Porter.

“Unfortunately … these new guidelines are being interpreted by a new crew that has different ethics, a different culture,” she said. “That’s why this caught our eye.”

I see the new rules as providing a much stronger argument for granting waivers for particularly skilled or key individuals that wouldn’t otherwise be able to get or keep a clearance given their backgrounds

Also, kudos for linking the article and not simply quoting it (without quotes). 
(04-01-2019, 04:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: I knew this was all Obama's fault!  Rolleyes

Nervous

Sooo....which is it?

Well Obama opened the door for just this situation. Probably thought he was doing Hillary a favor til Trump won.

We aren't privy to that knowledge as to why they are not allowed access from the FBI, unless you are then please feel free to share.
(04-01-2019, 07:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well Obama opened the door for just this situation. Probably thought he was doing Hillary a favor til Trump won.

We aren't privy to that knowledge as to why they are not allowed access from the FBI, unless you are then please feel free to share.

He was just looking for something to argue about. What you actually posted meant very little in that situation. 

As to the OP: I've always had issue with the method in which Elected Officials and their staff are often granted certain clearance levels. For instance if Hills worked where I did and processed documents in the manner she did; she would be fired. I'm sure Trump and his crew are no less guilty.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

What should be the blinking red light alarm news story of the day.

Turns out to be Obama's fault in trumpet land.

What a joke
(04-01-2019, 07:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well Obama opened the door for just this situation. Probably thought he was doing Hillary a favor til Trump won.

Well you said Obama made it easier for people to get clearances with all those dirty little things...and also that people are being rejected for silly things.  So which is it?

(04-01-2019, 07:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He was just looking for something to argue about. What you actually posted meant very little in that situation. 

As to the OP: I've always had issue with the method in which Elected Officials and their staff are often granted certain clearance levels. For instance if Hills worked where I did and processed documents in the manner she did; she would be fired. I'm sure Trump and his crew are no less guilty.

Violin