Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How Did The Coronavirus Spread So Quickly?
(09-11-2020, 12:28 PM)bengaloo Wrote: My grandma died from flu complications 8 years ago so anything is possible. She was already in hospice care, but the common flu and complications from it did her in. People die from the flu every year by the tens of thousands and always have. Especially older people with underlying conditions. Most of the medical people I know believe the real covid death number are about the same as any flu. 2018 had a really bad flu going around I think 80000 or more people died from it, mostly elderly and ppl who were already terminal. It just wasnt on the news like it is now.

I was trying to find out why you mentioned the flu since your post about about a coronavirus. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I was trying to find out why you mentioned the flu since your post about about a coronavirus. 

Coronavirus is a flu virus and has been around a long time. This new strain of it seems stronger than the corona viruses of the past. Truth is, my grandma may have died from corona 8 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 12:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I gave you the protocol. Show me a single source that recommends daily retesting. A. Single. Source.

After you do that, we’ll move on to your conspiracy theory hospitals get paid 13K/Covid death. Or false positive rates. Dealers choice. You choose which part of your story you want me to debunk next.

You gave me nothing worthwhile except what the leftist news outlets are saying, which means 0 to me. The CDC themselves have changed their take on this whole thing 50 times since it happened. Truth is, I was raised a lefty. And back in the day most of us stood against the CDC, FDA and Big Pharma. I still do. The new lefty's are not doing that on this issue for obvious reasons. That's all I can offer on this topic. Back to football for me ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 10:30 AM)bengaloo Wrote: My county has just been put under "the red" because there are 32 positive cases out of almost 200,000 ppl. All of them are less than 30 years old and none of them have symptoms. But the officials have ordered many businesses to close over it --except Walmart of course. The strange part about this, is that back in April the same county had almost 200 cases at once, 23 in one single nursing home, yet we werent in the red back then. But now, 33 cases with zero in nursing homes puts us in the red.

Is there a flu virus? Yeah. Can the numbers be trusted? No. Can the "experts" be trusted? No. Can politicians be trusted? No. Follow your heart and gut ppls.... good luck out there.

Just curious. Where is your county, name and state?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:07 PM)Dill Wrote: Just curious. Where is your county, name and state?

He goes to another school.  You've never met him.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:06 PM)bengaloo Wrote: You gave me nothing worthwhile except what the leftist news outlets are saying, which means 0 to me. The CDC themselves have changed their take on this whole thing 50 times since it happened. Truth is, I was raised a lefty. And back in the day most of us stood against the CDC, FDA and Big Pharma. I still do. The new lefty's are not doing that on this issue for obvious reasons. That's all I can offer on this topic. Back to football for me ThumbsUp

The only thing I gave was the CDC’s protocol for return to work for healthcare providers due to Covid 19. The CDC isn’t a leftest news organization. Recommendations change as we accrue more information. That’s how science and medicine works. The CDC recommended against repeat testing beginning July 17th. So it’s been in effect before a little over a week ago.

You know, it’s funny how when I ask someone to produce just a single source of information, and I can’t set the bar any lower than that for you, and they tuck tail and run back to Jungle Noise after failing to meet the barest of minimums.

PS. As a former Lefty, what is it about the FDA and safe meds are you against? Same question about CDC and disease control? You don’t like safe meds and diseases control?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:03 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Coronavirus is a flu virus and has been around a long time. This new strain of it seems stronger than the corona viruses of the past. Truth is, my grandma may have died from corona 8 years ago.

Oh FFS, that’s 100% false. If the coronavirus was an influenza virus then we could use the damn flu vaccine.

You don’t even know the most basic info.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 05:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You can spread respiratory droplets by talking and breathing.

Masks decrease the spread, but they don’t eliminate it.

It spread because it’s airborne and people don’t always know they have it. Some know and don’t care. Some people didn’t take proper precautions and helped spread it. Some did but still spread it. Some environments, like nursing homes, are just set up to spread it.

It’s highly contagious.

As revealed today, Trump in private acknowledged it was worse than the season flu but didn’t want to cause a panic so he down played its seriousness

I don’t know. If I recall the 1950’s science book looking meme correctly, two people without a mask meant certain death, and two people with a mask could survive a nuclear holocaust. It may not have been exactly that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 12:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It was a brilliant startegy for two reasons.

First of all it was smart to stay silent as long as Trump was shooting himself in the foot constantly and Biden had a lead in the polls.  It is like a boxer who is ahead on the scorecards.  The smart thing to do is just sit back, play defense, and let the opponenet swing wildly and wear himself out.  No need to open up and risk getting knocked out.

Second Fox News playe dright into Bidens hands.  They put all their eggs in the "Biden has dementia basket" so when he did come out and communicate clearly that kind of shot a hole in their biggest claim against him.  When he does fine in the debates it will really make them look stupid.
Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
(09-11-2020, 07:40 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: First of all, I doubt you pay attention to any news source that isn't OANN or Fox, given how well you parrot the same nonsense the 'journalists' on those networks say week in and week out.

Secondly, you don't interrupt an opponent when theyre making a mistake. It's true in any sort of battleground, whether it be an octagon, a football field, a war zone, or a presidential election. Anyone whose ever participated in any of those activities knows that.

First off, I look into everything, not just one side, so I can see the sides and which one is obviously playing with data (or manipulating it or flat-out making it up) so I can make an educated decision.

Second, Trump's poll numbers are rising, especially in swing states, so either that's misinformed or you're just making things up because you don't listen to Trump and just act like everything he says is stupid.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

First off, I look into everything, not just one side, so I can see the sides and which one is obviously playing with data (or manipulating it or flat-out making it up) so I can make an educated decision.

Second, Trump's poll numbers are rising, especially in swing states, so either that's misinformed or you're just making things up because you don't listen to Trump and just act like everything he says is stupid.

You started out by asking if this was all propaganda.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:03 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Coronavirus is a flu virus and has been around a long time. This new strain of it seems stronger than the corona viruses of the past. Truth is, my grandma may have died from corona 8 years ago.

It's not a flu virus...

That's like saying a lion is a great ape. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Well if you look into everything like you say you do, than you should know that every side can beat the numbers until they tell the story you want them to tell.

As far as poll numbers go, let's take a second to remember that Trump's incompetence has turned Texas (***** TEXAS) into a battleground state. Trump may have gotten a little boost from the RNC, but call it what it is - dead cat bounce.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:06 PM)bengaloo Wrote: . The CDC themselves have changed their take on this whole thing 50 times since it happened. Truth is, I was raised a lefty.

If the CDC changes their position that means they are full of shit.

So if you changed your mind about being a lefty doesn't that mean you are also full of shit?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You started out by asking if this was all propaganda.
You mention I asked if it was all propaganda but then highlight the part of my post saying that I look at both sides.

You're just confirming that I'm trying to figure out if this is all propaganda?

Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 02:05 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's not a flu virus...

That's like saying a lion is a great ape. 

That’s probably too technical for him. Let’s put in terms he might understand. Calling this novel coronavirus a flu virus is like calling a Lefty a conservative Republican.

It’s 100% false and betrays a complete lack of the most basic information.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 02:10 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Well if you look into everything like you say you do, than you should know that every side can beat the numbers until they tell the story you want them to tell.

As far as poll numbers go, let's take a second to remember that Trump's incompetence has turned Texas (***** TEXAS) into a battleground state. Trump may have gotten a little boost from the RNC, but call it what it is - dead cat bounce.

Trump's disapproval ratings have started to creep up again. (The polls mostly are through 9/9 or 9/10)

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 02:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You mention I asked if it was all propaganda but then highlight the part of my post saying that I look at both sides.

You're just confirming that I'm trying to figure out if this is all propaganda?

Nervous

I’m saying if you do your own research and make educated decisions there would be no need to even ask the question because it’s already been answered conclusively months ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 01:29 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The only thing I gave was the CDC’s protocol for return to work for healthcare providers due to Covid 19. The CDC isn’t a leftest news organization.  Recommendations change as we accrue more information. That’s how science and medicine works. The CDC recommended against repeat testing beginning July 17th. So it’s been in effect before a little over a week ago.

You know, it’s funny how when I ask someone to produce just a single source of information, and I can’t set the bar any lower than that for you, and they tuck tail and run back to Jungle Noise after failing to meet the barest of minimums.

PS. As a former Lefty, what is it about the FDA and safe meds are you against?  Same question about CDC and disease control?  You don’t like safe meds and diseases control?

Aha! So you are admitting these liberal medical "experts" change their story!!  

Well Trump doesn't change his. The virus will "go away someday."  
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 02:26 PM)Dill Wrote: Aha! So you are admitting these liberal medical "experts" change their story!!  

Well Trump doesn't change his. The virus will "go away someday."  

Probably back in April when it starts to heat up.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2020, 02:46 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Probably back in April when it starts to heat up.

Right around Easter.
Reply/Quote