Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do I Clear Cookies From Yahoo! Mail?!
I can't login to my Yahoo! mail from my desktop Mac computer but I can get to it from my phone.

The only possible solution I can find is to clear the cache and cookies, but I can't figure out how to do it.

The few ways I tried don't seem to be working.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
Reply/Quote
Quick way in Safari click "Safari" from the menu at the top of the screen. Then click "Clear History" from the drop down menu and then the time span you want to clear. You will have options ranging between 1 hour and all time.

To clear individual cookies select "Safari" from the menu at the top of the screen, then click settings from the drop down menu. A smaller screen will pop up with several icons at the top one of which is a hand that says "Privacy". Click that then select the "Manage Website Data" button that is near the middle of the small window. From there you can choose which cookies to delete or again an option to delete all.

If you are using a different browser you'll have to say which one for more info.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 09:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Quick way in Safari click "Safari" from the menu at the top of the screen.  Then click "Clear History" from the drop down menu and then the time span you want to clear.  You will have options  ranging between 1 hour and all time.

To clear individual cookies select "Safari" from the menu at the top of the screen, then click settings from the drop down menu.  A smaller screen will pop up with several icons at the top one of which is a hand that says "Privacy".  Click that then select the "Manage Website Data" button that is near the middle of the small window.  From there you can choose which cookies to delete or again an option to delete all.  

If you are using a different browser you'll have to say which one for more info.

I tried that and it still won't let me login to Yahoo! mail. 

I appreciate it anyways but I don't know what the problem is.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 11:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I tried that and it still won't let me login to Yahoo! mail. 

Do you have the username and or password saved and use an auto fill function?  If so perhaps it was accidentally modified on the computer.  Have you tried imputing the credentials manually? 

Also if you have a different browser installed try logging in through it and see if that works.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2024, 11:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I tried that and it still won't let me login to Yahoo! mail. 

Yahoo hasn't had you to do the double authentication? Where they text a pin code to your phone?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 08:25 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Do you have the username and or password saved and use an auto fill function?  If so perhaps it was accidentally modified on the computer.  Have you tried imputing the credentials manually? 

Also if you have a different browser installed try logging in through it and see if that works.
It's logging in now on the app on Mac but still not letting me login through my browser.

I do the autofill and it keeps making me go through it all and doesn't say "wrong password" or anything but just keeps starting the process over after I hit enter.

I'll try the different browser.
(02-29-2024, 08:52 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yahoo hasn't had you to do the double authentication? Where they text a pin code to your phone?

I think maybe when I signed up but not sure about now.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 03:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's logging in now on the app on Mac but still not letting me login through my browser.

I do the autofill and it keeps making me go through it all and doesn't say "wrong password" or anything but just keeps starting the process over after I hit enter.

I'll try the different browser.

I think maybe when I signed up but not sure about now.

Clear the fields from your autofill, and then type them in manually.  It's worked for me on other protected sites, and at least worth a shot.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 04:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Clear the fields from your autofill, and then type them in manually.  It's worked for me on other protected sites, and at least worth a shot.

IT WORKED!

THANK YOU!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2024, 06:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: IT WORKED!

THANK YOU!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Awesome, just glad to have been able to help.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote