Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do I Combine Crippled & Cocktail?
[Image: fw86u.gif]

*In here
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 10:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1 no because, if the bartender or the waitress were new, one might not know what the other was saying

2 I can program my Lightwrighter where I just hit cc and it types out "crippled cocktail"

This part confuses me a bit. So, essentially, you're using "crippled cocktail" as a way to get your drink. Why wouldn't "the regular" work? I assume that if the waitress were new, they wouldn't know what a crippled cocktail was just like they wouldn't know what your regular was. What am I missing? 

That's cool you can program shortcuts. In this scenario, couldn't you just program "tr" or whatever shortcut to mean "the regular/my regular"? 
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 10:37 PM)Leon Wrote: its best to stay away from alcohol unless itsa special celebration or something. no good comes from it

Thanks for the advice but I'm old enough to understand my own limits. I'm well practiced.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 10:23 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This part confuses me a bit. So, essentially, you're using "crippled cocktail" as a way to get your drink. Why wouldn't "the regular" work? I assume that if the waitress were new, they wouldn't know what a crippled cocktail was just like they wouldn't know what your regular was. What am I missing? 

That's cool you can program shortcuts. In this scenario, couldn't you just program "tr" or whatever shortcut to mean "the regular/my regular"? 

To type the regular, I’d have to move my hand to the top of the keyboard and then also move my finger to two different keys.

CC is the same key and near the bottom of the board, so no movement to another key isn’t necessary, which saves time and reduces the possibility of a typo by a great deal.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 01:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: To type the regular, I’d have to move my hand to the top of the keyboard and then also move my finger to two different keys.

CC is the same key and near the bottom of the board, so no movement to another key isn’t necessary, which saves time and reduces the possibility of a typo by a great deal.

Got it, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. 
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 01:59 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Got it, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. 

On top of all that, the bartenders also seem to love saying it (always have a smile on their faces and, like I said, usually ask before I type it in some places), and always keeps the mood light or breaks the ice if someone isn't too familiar with me.

I'm not just doing it as a "look at me" deal.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 01:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: To type the regular, I’d have to move my hand to the top of the keyboard and then also move my finger to two different keys.

So you're a lacriphole?

* lazy crippled asshole

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2023, 04:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So you're a lacriphole?

* lazy crippled asshole

Ninja

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Drink up..Everyone loves a drunk jerk.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote