Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do You Grade These 4 First Round Picks So Far ?
(01-12-2017, 05:43 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Would we even have that Le'Veon Bell?

He was crap his rookie year. He dropped 30 pounds and reinvented himself to the player he is today.

Basically the anti-Hill.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 11:44 AM)kevin Wrote: Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Jackson all Cornerbacks and Tackle Ogbuehi......Maybe it's too early but how would you grade Bengals First Round Picks of late on these guys.....A, B ,C, D, E, F.......you make the call. How are the Bengals doing lately in the draft ?????

Kirk: C- (Only became good in his contract year)
Dennard: D- (getting closer to F)
Jackson: F (just going off ability to stay healthy so far...He could easily flip this grade)
Ogbuehi: F- (he was as bad as I've seen from an o-lineman)

Overall: F...and the poor drafting of late, combined with the weak FA periods (Michael Johnson was our best signing in years...ugh) are starting to contribute to the downfall of this team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick is really the only one who has enough PT to grade imo. And I'd say B+ at best, C at worst.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kirkpatrick : C- Barely made it out of D range this season. Still to inconsistent and to many penalties.

Dennard : D Can't stay on the field and when he gets there is below average. Is he being misused ? With this staff I wouldn't doubt it.

Jackson III : Incomplete

Ogbuehi : F I hear the takes time to adjust to NFL, but he's not just whiffing on a few plays here and there. He looks totally lost, overwhelmed, and worst of all won't fight back. Has Major bust written all over him.
Reply/Quote
D

Our drafting skills completely over rated.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 12:16 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't see how anyone could have faith in Dennard.  Besides the fact he can't stay healthy, he has been out played by Josh Shaw.

I think he was misplaced.  After a consistent pattern of injuries which will totally destroy your development as a player they put him in the slot when he has only shown well on the outside.
His career has just been a total failure due to injuries and bad coaching decisions.  Whenever he played the outside he looked a lot better than when he played the slot.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 01:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that DeCastro was the pick we should have made instead of Zeitler.

I thought so too in the beginning of the year.  But Z finished really strong.  He was playing better than DeCastro in my opinion.   And DeCastro seems like a jerk.   I'm happy with Zeitler.  Guy was a rose between two thorns.
Reply/Quote
D overall. First round picks should contribute and be an impactful player by their second year at the latest.

P.S. that grade is in due part to injury, and due to bad judgement by the drafters.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Dre        B-  Good in press coverage, but a very poor tackler until the end of the season (probably shoulder issues)
Quez      D - hopefully he improves, but he has a lot to overcome at this point and it may be too late for him
Og         F - He was a total embarrassment.   I have doubts he'll improve - but I'd love to be wrong
WJIII     I - Just have to wait and see
Reply/Quote
I think we are a year away from knowing what we have with ogbuehi,though it doesnt look promising.Dennard will be out of the nfl by 2018.Hopefully wj3 can do something hes gonna have growing pains though
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 11:44 AM)kevin Wrote: Kirkpatrick, Dennard, Jackson all Cornerbacks and Tackle Ogbuehi......Maybe it's too early but how would you grade Bengals First Round Picks of late on these guys.....A, B ,C, D, E, F.......you make the call.  How are the Bengals doing lately in the draft ?????

You left out a couple. Why?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote