Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Does My Team Look?
I'm in four or five leagues this year, so tell me how this one looks:

1) Jamal Charles- was making this pick on the way home from Canada in the car, so I didn't even realize that AP was still on the board because I was picking fourth or fifth and assumed he'd be gone, but the Chiefs will have to rely on him, so I think the pick could be good.

2) TY Hilton- this pick could be good and he could put up huge numbers, the only possible downside is that there's so many mouths to feed in Indy with WRs and TEs.

3) Emmanual Sanders- even if he's not All-Universe anymore, he's still Peyton Manning and Julius Thomas being gone should only help Sanders' value.

4) Amari Cooper- If Carr can get him the ball, he'll have a HUGE year because he's a playmaker.

5) Travis Kelce- An animal in KC's offense and should keep putting up huge numbers. If Alex Smith can get him the ball in the red zone, he'll be a hell of a steal because he's KC's best receiver (Maclin could be argued as better, but with teams having to worry about Charles, it gives him more room).

6) Ameer Abdullah- has looked strong in preseason and I think it's not long before he has all the carries and Bell is phased out. This pick could pay dividends.

7) Roddy White- I panicked with this big because time was running out. He'll be 34 soon, but he's still not that bad of a receiver.

8) Zach Ertz- we have a flex play and I thought his value here was too good to pass on because he'd be a top tight end if not for the injury. With Maclin gone, Ertz should have big numbers.

9) Shane Vereen- the Giants say he'll be more than a 3rd down back this year, plus, given Jennings' injury history, he could see a lot of work.

10) Bengals D- Atkins returning to better than before the injury, MJ back with Dunlap attacking from the ends, and our young corners (along with Jones and Hall) jumping the routes with QBs being forced to get rid of the ball looks like turnovers galore. I'm liking the pick.

11) Teddy Bridgewater- with defenses stacking the box to stop AP, having a receiver like Mike Wallace to take the top off of defenses, along with a tight end like Rudolph makes this a steal here, in my opinion.

12) Justin Tucker- kickers aren't real people, but I figure Baltimore's offense should at least give him opportunities.

13) Marcus Mariota- his scrambling ability, which Whisenhunt said he'll be allowed to use, make this a good pick. Hopefully Bridgewater can produce and I'll never need him (besides a bye week).

14) Larry Fitzgerald- I think he's still a stud, but Palmer sucks, so I think this is a waste, but maybe, just maybe, it could turn good.

15) Reggie Bush- sucks but could be good for bye weeks because it's PPR.

Only 4 points per passing TD and 6 for rushing, so I think Teddy could be good value there, and I think I'm stacked at WR and TE, but, aside from Charles, I think I'm lacking at RB.

I also think the Bengals D will be good, especially with Hill putting up over 100 yards a game, which will keep opposing offenses off the field.

Opinions or thoughts on moves I should look to make now or in the future?
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 07:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm in four or five leagues this year, so tell me how this one looks:

1)  Jamal Charles- was making this pick on the way home from Canada in the car, so I didn't even realize that AP was still on the board because I was picking fourth or fifth and assumed he'd be gone, but the Chiefs will have to rely on him, so I think the pick could be good.

2)  TY Hilton- this pick could be good and he could put up huge numbers, the only possible downside is that there's so many mouths to feed in Indy with WRs and TEs.

3)  Emmanual Sanders-  even if he's not All-Universe anymore, he's still Peyton Manning and Julius Thomas being gone should only help Sanders' value.

4)  Amari Cooper- If Carr can get him the ball, he'll have a HUGE year because he's a playmaker.

5)  Travis Kelce- An animal in KC's offense and should keep putting up huge numbers.  If Alex Smith can get him the ball in the red zone, he'll be a hell of a steal because he's KC's best receiver (Maclin could be argued as better, but with teams having to worry about Charles, it gives him more room).

6)  Ameer Abdullah- has looked strong in preseason and I think it's not long before he has all the carries and Bell is phased out.  This pick could pay dividends.  

7)  Roddy White- I panicked with this big because time was running out.  He'll be 34 soon, but he's still not that bad of a receiver.

8)  Zach Ertz- we have a flex play and I thought his value here was too good to pass on because he'd be a top tight end if not for the injury.  With Maclin gone, Ertz should have big numbers.

9)  Shane Vereen- the Giants say he'll be more than a 3rd down back this year, plus, given Jennings' injury history, he could see a lot of work.

10)  Bengals D- Atkins returning to better than before the injury, MJ back with Dunlap attacking from the ends, and our young corners (along with Jones and Hall) jumping the routes with QBs being forced to get rid of the ball looks like turnovers galore.  I'm liking the pick.

11)  Teddy Bridgewater- with defenses stacking the box to stop AP, having a receiver like Mike Wallace to take the top off of defenses, along with a tight end like Rudolph makes this a steal here, in my opinion.  

12)  Justin Tucker- kickers aren't real people, but I figure Baltimore's offense should at least give him opportunities.

13)  Marcus Mariota- his scrambling ability, which Whisenhunt said he'll be allowed to use, make this a good pick.  Hopefully Bridgewater can produce and I'll never need him (besides a bye week).

14)  Larry Fitzgerald- I think he's still a stud, but Palmer sucks, so I think this is a waste, but maybe, just maybe, it could turn good.

15)  Reggie Bush- sucks but could be good for bye weeks because it's PPR.

Only 4 points per passing TD and 6 for rushing, so I think Teddy could be good value there, and I think I'm stacked at WR and TE, but, aside from Charles, I think I'm lacking at RB.

I also think the Bengals D will be good, especially with Hill putting up over 100 yards a game, which will keep opposing offenses off the field.

I have a feeling Amari Cooper will have a pretty big year.  I'm banking on him too.  I'll be starting him with Antonio Brown week in and week out.  It just sucks that on opening day I have to hope he has a big day while the Raiders lose.  To make it worse the guy I'm playing is starting Jeremy Hill...  I go against Eifert week two...  Shit like that is why I haven't gotten in a league since 2001.

It looks like you have a solid team.  I like Teddy this year too, but I got Romo and Tannehill first.  Teddy was next on my list.  I was buzzed during the draft, and realized half way through that I didn't have a single back on my team...  Not one.  I've been making moves since but I'm very weak there.  I'm hoping Gronk, Brown, Cooper, Watkins, Witten, my QB and Steve Smith can make up for it.

Good luck man.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:11 PM)jason Wrote: I have a feeling Amari Cooper will have a pretty big year.  I'm banking on him too.  I'll be starting him with Antonio Brown week in and week out.  It just sucks that on opening day I have to hope he has a big day while the Raiders lose.  To make it worse the guy I'm playing is starting Jeremy Hill...  I go against Eifert week two...  Shit like that is why I haven't gotten in a league since 2001.

It looks like you have a solid team.  I like Teddy this year too, but I got Romo and Tannehill first.  Teddy was next on my list.  I was buzzed during the draft, and realized half way through that I didn't have a single back on my team...  Not one.  I've been making moves since but I'm very weak there.  I'm hoping Gronk, Brown, Cooper, Watkins, Witten, my QB and Steve Smith can make up for it.

Good luck man.

I think Cooper is just a man amongst boys and can do amazing things.  In the preseason, it was just "get the ball to him and watch him do big things."

I'm hoping that a few of my WRs/TEs have big years and I can trade for at least a mid-level back.

Can't even worry about if you play against any Bengals' players because they'll do what they do regardless, so you just have to hope that the Bengals win and your team wins despite big games by Bengals' players.

I think Hill actually went 2nd in this league (might have been third), which is actually a solid spot for his real value (maybe a spot or two too high), but you can get him later, so I think it was stupid.
Reply/Quote
I've got a chance to pick up eifert. I have graham at te, would it be smart to pick eifert up ?
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think Cooper is just a man amongst boys and can do amazing things.  In the preseason, it was just "get the ball to him and watch him do big things."

I'm hoping that a few of my WRs/TEs have big years and I can trade for at least a mid-level back.

Can't even worry about if you play against any Bengals' players because they'll do what they do regardless, so you just have to hope that the Bengals win and your team wins despite big games by Bengals' players.

I think Hill actually went 2nd in this league (might have been third), which is actually a solid spot for his real value (maybe a spot or two too high), but you can get him later, so I think it was stupid.
He went in the second round in my league...  1 pick before me.  You wanna hear the best part?  Some homer took Bernard before him in the same round.  I literally laughed when it came across my screen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 08:44 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I've got a chance to pick up eifert. I have graham at te, would it be smart to pick eifert up ?
For the bye week if nothing else.  I think he's gonna have a bigger year than he's projected to.  I have Witten waiting in the wings for Gronk's bye.  I can also use him as a number 3 depending on matchups.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 07:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm in four or five leagues this year, so tell me how this one looks:
Are you in a PPR? 12 man? Those are important to knowing how this team looks.

1)  Jamal Charles- was making this pick on the way home from Canada in the car, so I didn't even realize that AP was still on the board because I was picking fourth or fifth and assumed he'd be gone, but the Chiefs will have to rely on him, so I think the pick could be good.

Not a bad pick obviously. Pretty much any of the top 4 are solid, though I think Bell and Peterson are easily the top picks.

2)  TY Hilton- this pick could be good and he could put up huge numbers, the only possible downside is that there's so many mouths to feed in Indy with WRs and TEs.

I have no idea what was left, but I'm very meh on Hilton as a WR1 this year. He is near the top of the "next" tier.

3)  Emmanual Sanders-  even if he's not All-Universe anymore, he's still Peyton Manning and Julius Thomas being gone should only help Sanders' value.

In a PPR this is a solid pick, but who knows if last year was a fluke or if he will be able to keep his pace up with a new coach who loves to the run the ball.

4)  Amari Cooper- If Carr can get him the ball, he'll have a HUGE year because he's a playmaker.

I am a fan of this pick.

5)  Travis Kelce- An animal in KC's offense and should keep putting up huge numbers.  If Alex Smith can get him the ball in the red zone, he'll be a hell of a steal because he's KC's best receiver (Maclin could be argued as better, but with teams having to worry about Charles, it gives him more room).

Also a fan here.

6)  Ameer Abdullah- has looked strong in preseason and I think it's not long before he has all the carries and Bell is phased out.  This pick could pay dividends.  

This guy has been WAAAAYYY to hyped up for me. Jesus. Bell is still a solid back. Ameer is a rookie and I just don't see the insane hype he has gotten this year. Early on I thought he may be a sleeper, but depending on him to be a RB2 already seems ridiculous.

7)  Roddy White- I panicked with this big because time was running out.  He'll be 34 soon, but he's still not that bad of a receiver.

Bad panic pick. Roddy is this year's Reggie Wayne. He done.

8)  Zach Ertz- we have a flex play and I thought his value here was too good to pass on because he'd be a top tight end if not for the injury.  With Maclin gone, Ertz should have big numbers.

Not a fan of starting a TE in the flex unless you, for some reason, have Gronk and Graham/Olsen. Even then it's a bit much. The 8th round TE isn't really worth starting the flex unless you messed up somewhere. 

9)  Shane Vereen- the Giants say he'll be more than a 3rd down back this year, plus, given Jennings' injury history, he could see a lot of work.

Not a bad pick. Good pick in a PPR.

10)  Bengals D- Atkins returning to better than before the injury, MJ back with Dunlap attacking from the ends, and our young corners (along with Jones and Hall) jumping the routes with QBs being forced to get rid of the ball looks like turnovers galore.  I'm liking the pick.

A bit high for any defense (you should be streaming) and definitely too high for the Bengals defense. This is a pure homer pick. 

11)  Teddy Bridgewater- with defenses stacking the box to stop AP, having a receiver like Mike Wallace to take the top off of defenses, along with a tight end like Rudolph makes this a steal here, in my opinion.  

This is a VERY risky QB as your starter. I think you waited waaay to too long. I am a fan of waiting for sure, but damn not this long.

12)  Justin Tucker- kickers aren't real people, but I figure Baltimore's offense should at least give him opportunities.

Solid

13)  Marcus Mariota- his scrambling ability, which Whisenhunt said he'll be allowed to use, make this a good pick.  Hopefully Bridgewater can produce and I'll never need him (besides a bye week).

Why?

14)  Larry Fitzgerald- I think he's still a stud, but Palmer sucks, so I think this is a waste, but maybe, just maybe, it could turn good.

Lol Palmer sucks.. He is solid. Pretty much as solid as Andy when healthy. I don't dislike this pick this late though.

Why not? In a PPR could be great if Hyde struggles.

You are far from what I would call being stacked at WR. There are no WR1s. You do have good depth though and who cares about being stacked at TE? Cooper for sure starts in your flex over Ertz so he is just kind of a wasted pick. Maybe you could have grabbed a Romo/Ryan/Eli/Rivers with that pick instead. RBs look weak past Charles, but some people are straight believers in Abdullah so you may be fine. Charles is a stud. The Bengals defense is a mystery after a terrible year last year and that was a pure homer pick. Tucker is a great kicker.  
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 09:01 PM)jason Wrote: For the bye week if nothing else.  I think he's gonna have a bigger year than he's projected to.  I have Witten waiting in the wings for Gronk's bye.  I can also use him as a number 3 depending on matchups.

Thanks Rep! This ff is tough for first timer. So many decisions  Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 09:43 PM)MrRager Wrote: You are far from what I would call being stacked at WR. There are no WR1s. You do have good depth though and who cares about being stacked at TE? Cooper for sure starts in your flex over Ertz so he is just kind of a wasted pick. Maybe you could have grabbed a Romo/Ryan/Eli/Rivers with that pick instead. RBs look weak past Charles, but some people are straight believers in Abdullah so you may be fine. Charles is a stud. The Bengals defense is a mystery after a terrible year last year and that was a pure homer pick. Tucker is a great kicker.  

PPR and 12-man league.  I'd be kicking my own ass if it was a 10-team league.

Cooper might not technically be a #1 receiver, but the reality is that he'll be the #1 on that team.  ESPN has him ranked 37 spots ahead of Crabtree, who is technically the #1.  Without Julius Thomas, Sanders might as well be a #1 with Manning throwing the ball and J Thomas's targets gone.  TY Hilton could be meh or he could be good.  

I wouldn't have taken a QB that early, but you're probably right on Ertz and too many TEs.  Maybe a team without a TE offers me a decent trade.

Everywhere I look said the growing opinion is that Abdullah will be starting soon and Bell is pretty much done as the guy in Detroit.  

Bengals D, like I said, is very underrated, imco, especially because Hill will control the clock.  Geno being back to better than before the injury in itself makes it a solid pick, not to mention Dunlap and MJ, plus Carter is apparently looking like an animal.  I really don't think that it's a homer pick at all.  

I think I probably did wait too long for a QB, but I still think Bridewater could have a big year and the pick could pay dividends.

Palmer has overthrown, underthrown, nowherenearthereceiver thrown the ball in the time that I've watched him this preseason.  His receivers have made some acrobatic catches to bail him out, but I'm not very impressed with Palmer.
Reply/Quote
Was Vikings D available at the time of your 10th pick? I would have gone with them.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 12:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: PPR and 12-man league.  I'd be kicking my own ass if it was a 10-team league.

Cooper might not technically be a #1 receiver, but the reality is that he'll be the #1 on that team.  ESPN has him ranked 37 spots ahead of Crabtree, who is technically the #1.  Without Julius Thomas, Sanders might as well be a #1 with Manning throwing the ball and J Thomas's targets gone.  TY Hilton could be meh or he could be good.  

I wouldn't have taken a QB that early, but you're probably right on Ertz and too many TEs.  Maybe a team without a TE offers me a decent trade.

Everywhere I look said the growing opinion is that Abdullah will be starting soon and Bell is pretty much done as the guy in Detroit.  

Bengals D, like I said, is very underrated, imco, especially because Hill will control the clock.  Geno being back to better than before the injury in itself makes it a solid pick, not to mention Dunlap and MJ, plus Carter is apparently looking like an animal.  I really don't think that it's a homer pick at all.  

I think I probably did wait too long for a QB, but I still think Bridewater could have a big year and the pick could pay dividends.

Palmer has overthrown, underthrown, nowherenearthereceiver thrown the ball in the time that I've watched him this preseason.  His receivers have made some acrobatic catches to bail him out, but I'm not very impressed with Palmer.

I meant #1 as fantasy number ones, or top tier guys. It's good to have depth obviously, but to say "stacked" without owning a top tier guy is a bit disingenuous. You see people at the turn grab two of Jones/Dez/DT/AJ/Cobb/Calvin/OBJ (add Nelson when healthy). Those are guys who stack your teams. Cooper is easily the number one in Oakland, but I meant it in fantasy terms. Also, zero way Sanders becomes the #1 over DT. Look for Latimer to snag some targets.  

While I said I am not a fan of taking a QB early, it's important to grab a solid starter before backups start getting taken or you end up with someone like Bridgewater. I'm a huge Teddy fan, but would be extremely nervous with him as my starter. I would also personally rather stream QB2 and take a lotto pick in the 13th round than draft Mariota, who would probably be a FA. 

I have also read all the hype on Abdullah, but it still makes me nervous to take him that high. He may eventually start, but he will absolutely be in a time share, and maybe never be more than a 3rd down back this year. The fact you're in a PPR makes the pick a little safer though. I, for whatever reason, just cannot buy into him so hard yet. 

I think trading on of your TEs is a good idea. Maybe start offering trades or putting one of your TEs on the block insteading of waiting for your league to come to you? As of right now you have a bit of a wasted roster spot that could use a 9th-round-talent guy. 

And this Palmer stuff really doesn't matter for fantasy. The fact is he has produced when healthy the volume needed to succeed and help his WRs succeed. Maybe the injuries have finally taken their toll, though. Who knows. And I do like him under the crazy Arians system. 

And did you say you have the 5th pick? I also picked 5 in my main 12 man this year.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What is PPR?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 04:40 PM)jason Wrote: What is PPR?

Point per reception (it's usually .5 per reception, though).

Makes receivers more valuable, especially if you have possession receivers that catch a lot of balls but not for huge yards or many touchdowns.

Take TJ Housh, for example, when he played here because he never put up huge yards or a lot of TDs but he always caught a bunch of balls.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 05:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Point per reception (it's usually .5 per reception, though).

Makes receivers more valuable, especially if you have possession receivers that catch a lot of balls but not for huge yards or many touchdowns.

Take TJ Housh, for example, when he played here because he never put up huge yards or a lot of TDs but he always caught a bunch of balls.
Oh...  So I am in one of those.  It's 1 point per reception too...  I might be unleashing Danny Woodhead on some fools more often than I thought.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
You're in a league that had both Charles and Peterson available at 5? I wish I was playing with those dudes.....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 05:44 PM)jason Wrote: Oh...  So I am in one of those.  It's 1 point per reception too...  I might be unleashing Danny Woodhead on some fools more often than I thought.
Makes third down backs very valuable, which is why I'm glad that I have Vereen.  

I also keep seeing more and more reports that Abdullah is going to be the man in Detroit over Bell, so I'm liking my team more and more.
(09-02-2015, 11:06 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You're in a league that had both Charles and Peterson available at 5?  I wish I was playing with those dudes.....

I'm actually looking at the draft board and Lynch was there, too, so I have no clue what the hell they were thinking because I only took a picture of my picks on the draft board, so I can only see a few next to me.  

Like I said, I know one guy went Lacy and one went Hill, but I'm not sure what else was there.

Maybe I did have #3, but I think I had 4 or 5.
Reply/Quote
Not a fan, sorry.

- Bridgewater and Mariota? Yuck. Better hope one of them breaks out. If not...

- Charles is a stud, but Abdullah is currently a backup and Bell will stay in the picture no matter what. Reggie Bush is also a backup. Vereen will never be a lead back. He's strictly a 3rd down guy. I wouldn't touch Vereen where you got him.

- Hilton, E.Sanders, A.Cooper, R.White and Fitzgerald make up a very good (not outstanding) WR group. I consciously avoided Hilton and Cooper in my 3 drafts. Hilton just has too many other targets around him. Andre Johnson, 2 good TE's, Dorsett, etc. Cooper is too risky for his ADP. Heck, Crabtree could wind up being their top target this year. Fitz or Roddy could be a decent #3 if Cooper doesn't work out though.

- I'm a fan of the Kelce pick, but why follow that with Ertz in the 8th? You had bigger needs, QB in particular. I'm also not a fan of TE's as a flex. A mediocre WR can post better numbers than some top TE's.

- Bengals DST in the 10th is a major reach. They're a waiver level DST.

- Not a fan of a kicker in the 12th. Especially an outdoor non-Denver kicker.

I loved your other draft though, if that makes you feel better.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Honestly though, if you can pull off a trade for a decent QB (like Palmer, Rivers or Eli) and Abdullah gets enough touches, this can be a decent team. You have enough chips to pull a trade.

I'd look to upgrade QB. I'd also package Abdullah for a safer RB2 if you can. Abdullah has been hyped like crazy, so you should find takers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Its a good draft I think.
I wouldn't Worry about Hilton he is still the best WR on that team. Andre Johnson is on the decline as well as frank gore.
Your fine at RB especially if it is a PPR. Ameer will have a similar impact to what Gio had for us in 2013.
I would worry about WR because White and Fitz are pretty old and have been on the decline.
Also no need to draft a defense or kicker that early. I do however agree with you about our Defense people forget that this was a constant top 10 defense for the 3 years prior to last season.
Your a bit weak at QB but that's not really a problem because all starting caliber QBs put up good numbers in fantasy.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Also just to throw out some bad news for you and this team, Joique Bell was practicing last week and will surely get the majority of the goal line carries when playing. Also being reported that Zach Ertz will be behind Celek and recieve less playing time, so your 8th round pick ended up being a backup TE which is less than ideal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote