Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Good Is The Ohio State WR If In Draft ?
If I'm not mistaken , Ohio State has a WR who gets a lot of double coverage. I think I have heard announcers rave about Ohio State #1 WR. He is use to the Ohio weather. Some good WR's have come out of Ohio State. If Bengals lose both Higgins and Boyd, would this Ohio State WR come in as a top rookie talent as Boyd and Higgins were. Chase will need some help.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
He's the son of a HOFer, and he plays like it. Marvin Harrison Jr. is a complete WR and should be a successful receiver in the NFL for many years. Had he not had to share the field with so many other great talents at WR in his college days, there might have been talk of him going #1OA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 12:37 PM)kevin Wrote: If I'm not mistaken , Ohio State has a WR who gets a lot of double coverage. I think I have heard announcers rave about Ohio State #1 WR.  He is use to the Ohio weather.  Some good WR's have come out of Ohio State. If Bengals lose both Higgins and Boyd, would this Ohio State WR come in as a top rookie talent as Boyd and Higgins were.  Chase will need some help.

If you are referring to Harrison, Jr., he's only going to be on the Bengals if they trade up for a top pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 01:06 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If you are referring to Harrison, Jr., he's only going to be on the Bengals if they trade up for a top pick.

That's him.  Marvin Harrison Jr.   Related to Marvin Harrison who was great at Indy Colts.  If we lose Boyd and Higgins, I have a feeling a WR like Harrison teamed up with Chase would be good.  As a rookie not commanding the pay a top veteran gets. Yes, 1st round pay, but still not what the 10 mil Boyd gets and whatever Higgins will get.  Bengals need to resign Chase in off season and that will be a huge cap hit.   If Bengals could come away with someone like Harrison.  

Bengals will finish around 8 wins. Maybe 9.   So there are no other WR's that might go ahead of him ?  Other teams may be looking for other positions.  Some teams in dire need of a franchise quarterback, such as The Jets, Rodgers is too old to be their future.  Maybe some other WR's move up at The Combine.  

Chase and Marvin Harrison Jr sounds good to me.  Probably sounds good to Joe Burrow.  May not be realistic, but from what you guys saying, he is on my Wish List. I like that Ohio State plays in the same type weather Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Ravens play in. Not sunny surf and turf weather, but the wind, rain and snow of the AFC North. It's why Ohio State Paul Warfield was a good fit for Cleveland in 1960's.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Marvin Harrison Jr is not only the best WR in the class he is probably the best overall prospect. There really is no scenario where he gets out of the top 5.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 02:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Marvin Harrison Jr is not only the best WR in the class he is probably the best overall prospect. There really is no scenario where he gets out of the top 5.

Yep, no way we get to pick him. I do like Rome Odunze if we go WR in the first.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 02:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Marvin Harrison Jr is not only the best WR in the class he is probably the best overall prospect. There really is no scenario where he gets out of the top 5.

Only way he gets out of the Top 5 is if he pulls a Jalen Carter.
Reply/Quote
I think Bears may take him first over all. I would and roll with Fields
Reply/Quote
He is basically an AJ Green clone coming out of college. Similar size, speed, hands, and likely to be drafted top 5.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He is basically an AJ Green clone coming out of college. Similar size, speed, hands, and likely to be drafted top 5.

Way faster than green just as a fyi
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Way faster than green just as a fyi

True. I thought AJ was similar, but he ran a 4.5 40. Harrision could be in the 4.3s to 4.4 range
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: True. I thought AJ was similar, but he ran a 4.5 40. Harrision could be in the 4.3s to 4.4 range

I expect high 4.2s- low 4.3s. Hit 22.2 MPH in a game this year.
Reply/Quote
Harrison and is the top “can't miss” prospect in the draft. Unless he gets injured, I don’t see any way this guy is not a star.
Expect him to be in the best NFL WR discussion by his second year.
Reply/Quote