Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How Is Biden Leading Trump?!
(08-25-2020, 11:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Your entire premise is "Biden is senile" but this Trump campaign strategy doesn't hold any water. 

I'm not sure what else to say other than that everything you're arguing has been debunked here 10 times over and that every character flaw you've tried to point out in Biden is worse in Trump, which makes it a bad argument. 

The majority of this country didn't vote for Trump. They also don't approve of the job he is doing. Is it hard to see why an incompetent narcissist who defends Neo Nazis is being outpolled by a moderate who has been a consistent presence? Your fringe ideology is not the majority's ideology in this country. 

I'd point out that Jo Jorgensen is clearly more in control of her mental capacities than Biden or Trump but she's going to come in last place of the 3 by a huge margin, so let's just stop acting like being senile or a sex-offender is a dealbreaker for people when electing a president.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 11:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd point out that Jo Jorgensen is clearly more in control of her mental capacities than Biden or Trump but she's going to come in last place of the 3 by a huge margin, so let's just stop acting like being senile or a sex-offender is a dealbreaker for people when electing a president.

probably, but a professor and podcaster is an embarrassingly under-qualified ticket, especially after fielding two former governors 4 years ago.  Vermin Supreme got 900 less vote than her in the primary. Imagine him joining Biden and Trump...

[Image: GettyImages-875901694.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 11:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: probably, but a professor and podcaster is an embarrassingly under-qualified ticket, especially after fielding two former governors 4 years ago.  Vermin Supreme got 900 less vote than her in the primary. Imagine him joining Biden and Trump...

There is no such thing as under-qualified after the 2016 election.  I was bummed when Justin Amash threw his hands on the 2020 election, so I assume he's going to jump back in after the next 4 years burn the system to the ground.  Who knows...just give us our chosen septuagenarian groper weirdo and we can see where things sit in 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There is no such thing as under-qualified after the 2016 election.  I was bummed when Justin Amash threw his hands on the 2020 election, so I assume he's going to jump back in after the next 4 years burn the system to the ground.  Who knows...just give us our chosen septuagenarian groper weirdo and we can see where things sit in 4 years.

He needed to try to hold his office as a Libertarian. 

Reply/Quote
Can any of you Trump supporters point to any tweet, speech or legislation where Trump reached out to the other side? Serious question.

If you want me to focus on Joe Biden's faults, then I have to factor in his opponent's many faults and do you really want to go there? One thing that I love about being an Undeclared/Independent/American is that I don't have to ignore or overlook a politicians faults because they're "in my party". Trying to highlight Biden's faults is actually pretty comical.

I'm of the belief that Trump has done nothing but shed voters instead of winning over new ones. He barely squeaked by last time against a much less likable opponent, it doesn't look good for his re-election chances.

Democrats have won the popular vote in 6 of the last 7 elections. Many of us Undeclared/Independent/Americans have seen enough of Trump to know that he's extremely unqualified for the position he holds.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:04 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He needed to try to hold his office as a Libertarian. 

Right, the 2020 election is between Trump and Trump as in people who love Trump vs people who hate Trump and leaving an actual political position to get involved in this mess of an election would be pointless.  I'm not even sure if Biden himself factors into things nearly as much as "don't want Trump" does.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:05 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Can any of you Trump supporters point to any tweet, speech or legislation where Trump reached out to the other side? Serious question.

I'd wager this is a pointless question because Trump reaching out to the other side would be seen as a bad thing to his supporters because his supporters are of the mindset that nothing good comes from the other side. It's basically the mindset that talking/collaborating with the other side is a waste of time because if the other side had a functioning brain they'd be on your side to begin with.

(08-26-2020, 12:05 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Democrats have won the popular vote in 6 of the last 7 elections. Many of us Undeclared/Independent/Americans have seen enough of Trump to know that he's extremely unqualified for the position he holds.

This is a hurdle I keep saying that Trump needs to address...he's gone from the outsider/wildcard who will shake up the toxic status quo to being the toxic status quo.  He's like a 3rd string QB we were dying to see when he had no playing time but now he's stinking up the joint and the hopeful mystery is gone.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 11:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Your entire premise is "Biden is senile" but this Trump campaign strategy doesn't hold any water. 

I'm not sure what else to say other than that everything you're arguing has been debunked here 10 times over and that every character flaw you've tried to point out in Biden is worse in Trump, which makes it a bad argument. 

The majority of this country didn't vote for Trump. They also don't approve of the job he is doing. Is it hard to see why an incompetent narcissist who defends Neo Nazis is being outpolled by a moderate who has been a consistent presence? Your fringe ideology is not the majority's ideology in this country. 

Debunked?  How has it been debunked that he told a woman to "shush" on tape when she tried to save him from saying something stupid?  You realize how bad Trump would have been crushed in the media if he had said that?

How has it been debunked that he confused his wife and sister?

How has it been debunked that he asked a black reporter if he's taking cocaine?

You say "the majority of this country" like it was a huge difference when he lost the popular vote by 2%.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 11:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: -Maybe you don't understand how aging works.  Some people's brains deteriorate with age and some happen very fast.  Take my grandma, for instance:  one day, she was fine and could have conversations about complex subjects and remembered everything.  Within a week, she went into being so paranoid that she thought her neighbor kept robbing her and then thought that bits of dust were roaches put there by her neighbor.  Within a month, she was in a nursing home and didn't remember any of us or even know where she was.  

Mental faculties can vanish quickly and that seems to be the case with Joe.

Even if you think the decline isn't that great, how long before the decline becomes so bad that he can't even function, much-less lead this country?

-Ha!  Trump had a great presidency pre-roma, but you think psycho Joe can do better?

-I love how you ignore sniffing women's hair AND A YOUNG GIRL'S HAIR!  I love how you ignore him mistaking his sister for his wife!  I love how you ignore the so many other examples!

-Trump is following doctors and he's trying to promote possible cures and things, which there have been positive possibilities, but you want him to just let America thing we're completely screwed?  Make everyone feel like there's no hope and it's the Republicans' fault, which seems a move that's all too familiar from Democrats.

You're seriously blaming all the Covid deaths on Trump?

Wow.

The country was doing incredible before Covid, but he's incompetent?

Were we? How so?

This greatest economy ever only took people missing one paycheck to fall through. The stock market does not an economy make. 20% of Americans have a zero or negative net worth Brad. I don't give a shit about the Dow.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 11:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: THANKS BROTHER!  

This Republican Convention seems like it's knocking it out of the park!  

I'll also always keep waving and just trying to make people happy!  

I thought about posting this on Facebook but don't know if people would like it or think it's dumb:

[Image: light-up-the-darkness.jpg?w=437&h=291]

What do you think?!  Stupid?!

That cov cath kid pigeonholed his career at the earliest age I’ve ever seen. Apt I guess.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Debunked?  How has it been debunked that he told a woman to "shush" on tape when she tried to save him from saying something stupid?  You realize how bad Trump would have been crushed in the media if he had said that?

You say "the majority of this country" like it was a huge difference when he lost the popular vote by 2%.  

Are you seriously speaking in hypotheticals when you ask how Trump would be perceived if he did xyz to a woman? He does the shit all the time Brad.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think there are a lot of moderates like myself that just think Trump is just sucks as a person and as potus. Sure there are a few policies I would tend to agree with instead of disagreeing, but there is far more at stake than that for the next four years.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
How? Because he is such a scumbag failure of a prez and the majority of people in this country are in agreement on that.

He is going to get steam rolled in November unless he rigs the election. He has been hard at work attempting to rig it so unfortunately I have to wait to see how it plays out before I can celebrate the racist serial sexual assaulter lying conman wanna be dictator leaving the White House.

Go find a party leader with some morals and values.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 12:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Debunked?  How has it been debunked that he told a woman to "shush" on tape when she tried to save him from saying something stupid?  You realize how bad Trump would have been crushed in the media if he had said that?

Gaffes don't equate senility. 

If they did, we'd mention hamberders, covfefe, thigh-land, yo-semite. We'd bring up "horse face" or any of the other nicknames. He'd bring up the cue cards reminding him to say "we hear you" when talking to the family of mass shooting victims. You can complain about how the media would attack Trump for doing what Biden did, but he has done far worse.

Though, I was referring to your arguments that Trump was doing a good job that I said were debunked, as they have been in every thread you've opened about him. 

You asking why Trump is losing. That 2% does matter in that question. 

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 11:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: THANKS BROTHER!  

This Republican Convention seems like it's knocking it out of the park!  

I'll also always keep waving and just trying to make people happy! 

I thought about posting this on Facebook but don't know if people would like it or think it's dumb:

[Image: light-up-the-darkness.jpg?w=437&h=291]

What do you think?!  Stupid?!

Bob Marley wrote and sang a song about shooting a sheriff.  Blue Lives Matter, dude. 
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Polls also predict the national popular outcome, which 2016 accurately got. There was the phenomenon of silent Trump voters which accounted for a 1% difference in the final average spread, which was enough to flip 4 close states.

Not all polling is about the national popular results. I know this is something you are aware of, but I wanted to share this for everyone. This is the Real Clear Politics electoral map. It uses statewide polls to calculate its map leading up to the election looking at the electoral math: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/2020_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Honestly, there are a lot of uncertainties in all of this. The electoral math looks a lot like the 2016 election at this point in the race. Lots of toss-ups with no clear winner. If Trump wins the electoral college, it will likely be a case of him losing the popular vote, again.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
To help people feel better about things, here is Nate Silver's article discussing their electoral polling stuff: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/our-election-forecast-didnt-say-what-i-thought-it-would/?cid=referral_taboola_feed

Here is a snippet that is a good reminder about the information right now:
Quote:But the basic starting point for a probabilistic, poll-driven model ought to be this: Is polling in August a highly reliable way to predict the outcome in November?

The short answer is “no.”

Polling in August is somewhat predictive. You’d much rather be ahead than behind. But there can still be some very wild swings.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:49 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not all polling is about the national popular results. I know this is something you are aware of, but I wanted to share this for everyone. This is the Real Clear Politics electoral map. It uses statewide polls to calculate its map leading up to the election looking at the electoral math: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/2020_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Honestly, there are a lot of uncertainties in all of this. The electoral math looks a lot like the 2016 election at this point in the race. Lots of toss-ups with no clear winner. If Trump wins the electoral college, it will likely be a case of him losing the popular vote, again.

Seeing Texas as a toss up state is somewhat surreal.  I ccant see Biden winning Texas, but it seems unreal looking at the 1976 electoral map and seeing a blue Texas and a red California. 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Bob Marley wrote and sang a song about shooting a sheriff.  Blue Lives Matter, dude. 

Correct, but he didn't shoot the deputy.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2020, 07:55 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: To help people feel better about things, here is Nate Silver's article discussing their electoral polling stuff: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/our-election-forecast-didnt-say-what-i-thought-it-would/?cid=referral_taboola_feed

Here is a snippet that is a good reminder about the information right now:

But the basic starting point for a probabilistic, poll-driven model ought to be this: Is polling in August a highly reliable way to predict the outcome in November?

The short answer is “no.”

LOL "DEWEY BEATS TRUMAN."
Reply/Quote