Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How Is Covid Coming Back?
(10-06-2023, 11:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The vaccine isn't a cure, I know people that have taken it multiple times and have had covid multiple times.

No, the vaccine is not a cure. Insulin doesn’t cure diabetes, either. But, insulin helps manage diabetes and decreases morbidity and mortality.

The vaccine is similar. It is a preventative, not a treatment like insulin, that also helps reduce morbidity and mortality.

Quote:A vaccine should make you immune for a minute you would think, at least that is what I thought for at least a period of time. Sarcasm

It does. Please read my initial post above explaining Covid monitoring here in Georgia if you want more info.

Quote:I got covid, didn't take a vaccine and have been around people with covid without a mask on and I am immune, and they wish they did 
what I did now. Because like you said, I got the antibodies, and I don't believe in those talking heads on the news that lie to me all the 
time telling me a mask helps me. 

The vast majority of patients I’ve seen with Covid have been unvaccinated. It’s not even close. I have seen vaccinated patients get Covid. I’ve seen patients who had Covid get Covid a second and even third time. The patients I’ve seen with Covid multiple times seem to have been equally vaccinated or previously infected.

I’ve seen an entire family cancel a cruise the day of departure because 2 out of 4 got Covid again.

Quote:When the spray from a covid sneeze or cough is so small of a spray it goes right through the mask anyways some of the time and if your 
eyes are not covered it goes right into your eyes which is usually where it transmits from all the Doc's I have listened to.[quote]

That is true, but misleading. The size of the individual virus is small enough to pass through a procedure mask. However, when someone coughs or sneezes the virus is carried in respiratory droplets which are much larger that don’t pass straight through. Also, it takes more than a single virus to cause infection. It requires a viral load (insert load joke here) to cause infection. Surgical or procedure masks reduce (but not totally eliminate) the amount of virus you might give to someone else.

[quote]I just try not to be around older or unhealthy people when I am sick and I think most people should do this.

That’s a good idea. But, if you can’t avoid being around older or unhealthy people wearing a procedure mask, trying to maintain 6 feet distance, limiting your contact time and hand washing are ways you can reduce the chance the catch your infection.

Quote:The masks do very little.

I disagree. It is very frustrating to me that a health issue has been turned into such a political issue.

Quote:Your eyes get it if someone sneezes or coughs on you unless you are immune. You touch your face all the time, and even more messing 
with a mask. But a lot of this is opinion and I know doesn't flow with what everyone hears from the liars on TV. But I have been lied to 
enough to not believe the fake news and just do the opposite and I am right most of the time. If you listen to the liars on the main stream
media you will be wrong most of the time. Shit, even Fox news lies to you and I am a Conservative.

I agree the information has been confusing and contradictory. Especially, when health professionals are political appointees and they make statements which are more about supporting the politicians in office rather than giving the public the unvarnished truth because they want to keep their job. And things have changed as we learn more and as the situation has changed.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is different for everybody though, no question. I pray you don't get it while taking the vaccine. I know a few people that have died 
as they took the shots before even getting covid and I am in a small population. I do things the old school way, if I get it, take natural 
medicines, stay hydrated and gain immunity. It worked for me, but to each his own.

I wouldn't promote the vaccine at all. Young people are dying from heart attacks all over the world who have taken the vaccine. It isn't
right, not saying all vaccines are bad either. Just saying this one was never made to be the answer but a way to control.

The highest incidence of cardiac complications was in males between 12-17. Cardiac complications are almost 2-6 times more likely due to Covid infection than Covid vaccination in the same group.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I know like 20 people that take the Flu shot every year and get it right after lol

I never get the Flu and just stick to good ole natural tea and natural vitamins.

That is certainly possible because it takes some time to develop enough antibodies to reach a high enough level to provide protection.

But, most of the patients that tell me this never confirmed it was the flu with testing. And most don’t know the difference between flu symptoms, cold symptoms and “stomach flu” symptoms; they’re all flu symptoms to them.

There are reasons the flu vaccine is required for medical providers and the military and the benefits outweigh the risks in most people.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2023, 11:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is different for everybody though, no question. I pray you don't get it while taking the vaccine. I know a few people that have died 
as they took the shots before even getting covid and I am in a small population. I do things the old school way, if I get it, take natural 
medicines, stay hydrated and gain immunity. It worked for me, but to each his own.

I wouldn't promote the vaccine at all. Young people are dying from heart attacks all over the world who have taken the vaccine. It isn't
right, not saying all vaccines are bad either. Just saying this one was never made to be the answer but a way to control.

It's all about playing the odds at the end of the day like anything else. What are the best decisions I can make on a daily, weekly, and yearly to get me to live a longer life. Why do I wear  seatbelt when driving? It gives me the best odds of survival in case of an accident, even though plenty of people have died while wearing one, and others survived when not. But overall it does give the best chance of survival. If needing something from the top shelf in the garage, why use a proper step ladder instead of stacking milk crates, it gives me the best chance to not break my neck.  

When it comes medical science, I will always trust science and statistics over hearsay, politicians, and podcasters/social media. And above that, I will trust my doctors and medical team, even more than the WHO and CDC, as they don't have an agenda except to keep me going. So when it comes to the 'vaccine', it it is an immune system booster shot designed to fight covid strains just like the flu shots. It's all about giving me the best odds should I catch it. And I am all about playing the odds when it comes to the medical science world.

All that being said I am also one that thoroughly evaluates suggestions from doctors. A couple of years back I was in ICU for a week due to a blood infection. One hospital doctor was about to put me back on a catheter, but I said I wanted a second and third opinion as I know the chances of infection go up with one. Another hospital doctor was about to put me on dialysis, again I said I wanted other opinions because of the complications that can bring. Neither happened because I didn't give in immediately to either, and waited for my doctor and a couple of others opinions. They agreed to just monitor things for couple more days, and ended up I didn't need either. I learned something that week to say the least. 

I try not to bring up my recent medical history often, but I am a rare one that has been through the belly of the medical world and then some, and has gained invaluable insight that majority of people don't get to see, good and bad. Not saying you or others don't know what I mean, but just wanted to throw that out there  of where my perspective comes from. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2023, 12:07 AM)treee Wrote: I get what you're saying. Even though vaccines might not be for the newest variant, they do still help because they're the closest to the currently circulating variant (generally speaking). On a biological level I'm not sure how COVID is changing over time but the concept in general is called "Antigenic Drift". So if you want to look more into the concept you might try looking up something like "COVID Antigenic Drift"

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34910934/

Imo it's still a good idea for people with weakened immune systems to continue to get the vaccine even if Antigenic Drift does lower it's efficacy over time.

Thanks for that. I checked out that link and then looked more into it. I didn't know a lot of that but you're right in that it does answer a lot of my questions. I have gotten the updated vaccine shots and I will continue to do so just because, like you said, the weakened immune system and weak lungs aren't a good combination with Covid-19.
Reply/Quote
My cousin is an infectious disease expert (doctor) it always reminds me of that meme "I've studied medicine all my life but let me see what this person on Facebook has to say about it".

We're all armchair QBs and armchair everything lol
Reply/Quote
A lot of people like to act like it's no big deal, but when I had a heart attack a few years ago I was in the ER for a few hours waiting for a room after they stabilized me.  In that short time they were intubating people like an assembly line, one after another after another. I lost count after about 20..Nurse told me then it just never stops..around the clock one after another.. I wish I had a dime for everyone who wasn't vaccinated who told me they wished they had..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
How does the flu keep coming back?

How does the common cold keep coming back?

How does any number of viruses keep coming back?

It's almost like organisms evolve to survive.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 01:17 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: How does the flu keep coming back?

How does the common cold keep coming back?

How does any number of viruses keep coming back?

It's almost like organisms evolve to survive.

You mean God designed it to better kill you?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 08:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You mean God designed it to better kill you?

Successful ones don’t kill you. The less effect it has on you the better it will do.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
If more people had been careful in 2020 and more people got vaccinated in 2021 and forward it might be less of a problem.

I think it is too far mutated to completely get rid of now and will be an annual thing where some people have worse reactions than others whether they are vaccinated or not.

I know of a 83 year old man, vaccinated, who got it and ended up with pneumonia and in a nursing home for a couple weeks.  His wife (78), also vaccinated, caught it and was fine.

I do worry for my friends who refused to get the vaccination but it was their choice.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote