Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Long Will A Passport Take To Get Here?
Went to Vegas in May for my friend's bachelor party, but our good friend lives in Canada, so we're having another one up there and I obviously needed to get a passport.

I went to the post office and applied and everything on the 31st and had it expedited, but today was the first email I received saying it was currently being processed.

Below that, it says

Quote:We are processing requests for Expedited Service, that includes overnight delivery to and from the Passport Agency, in about 2 to 3 weeks door-to-door.

So does that mean two to three weeks from when I went and started the process or from now? Leave the 27th, so if it's 2 or 3 weeks from today, I'm screwed, right?

Is there anything else I can do (if I'm right about it being two to three weeks from now)?
Reply/Quote
What's up with everyone and the passport issues lately?

When I got mine, it took nearly 3 months. My wife has hers expedited a couple of years ago and it still took at least a month...maybe more like a month and a half.

My best advice about passports is: get one now...you never know when you'll need it on quick notice.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 11:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Went to Vegas in May for my friend's bachelor party, but our good friend lives in Canada, so we're having another one up there and I obviously needed to get a passport.

I went to the post office and applied and everything on the 31st and had it expedited, but today was the first email I received saying it was currently being processed.

Below that, it says

So does that mean two to three weeks from when I went and started the process or from now?  Leave the 27th, so if it's 2 or 3 weeks from today, I'm screwed, right?

Is there anything else I can do (if I'm right about it being two to three weeks from now)?

You should get it by the time you leave. Takes about 3 weeks from application
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 11:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You should get it by the time you leave. Takes about 3 weeks from application

Thank you very much.  

Makes me breathe easier because the possibility of missing something this epic was killing me.

D you happen to know why I didn't get an email until now or if the "being processed" was taking the time from when I applied until I'd get it?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 11:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: What's up with everyone and the passport issues lately?

When I got mine, it took nearly 3 months.  My wife has hers expedited a couple of years ago and it still took at least a month...maybe more like a month and a half.

My best advice about passports is: get one now...you never know when you'll need it on quick notice.

It's crazy innit. I am having issues getting a visa to belarus so maybe it's just a weird time of the year.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 11:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: What's up with everyone and the passport issues lately?

When I got mine, it took nearly 3 months.  My wife has hers expedited a couple of years ago and it still took at least a month...maybe more like a month and a half.

3 months to get a passport is ridiculous. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Do you even need a passport for Canada? I thought you could just use your birth certificate or some jazz...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 11:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Is there anything else I can do (if I'm right about it being two to three weeks from now)?

Well, you could sneak across.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 09:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Do you even need a passport for Canada? I thought you could just use your birth certificate or some jazz...

Well you can get in easy enough without one.

My son just returned from Tornonto (that's how I know passports take about 3 weeks) and he needed one.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 09:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Do you even need a passport for Canada? I thought you could just use your birth certificate or some jazz...

It changed a few years ago.  Need one for Canada and Mexico now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 10:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It changed a few years ago.  Need one for Canada and Mexico now.

With the email I received that it's being processed, in the unlikely event that it doesn't get here, is there anything else I can do?  

Show them the email from my phone?  Doesn't seem like it would work because how would they know that I'm the person in the emails and not just someone with the same name, but is there any way to have the border agents call our government?

I'm crippled.........  how much damage could I really do up there?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 05:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: With the email I received that it's being processed, in the unlikely event that it doesn't get here, is there anything else I can do?  

Show them the email from my phone?  Doesn't seem like it would work because how would they know that I'm the person in the emails and not just someone with the same name, but is there any way to have the border agents call our government?

I don't think so. In the post-9/11 world, you gotta get a passport to go outside the USA.

Thanks, Osama!!! Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 05:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: With the email I received that it's being processed, in the unlikely event that it doesn't get here, is there anything else I can do?  

Bomb right under the seat.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
From the dept of state:

Quote:EXPEDITED SERVICE* As of (Thursday August 13, 2015), our expedited service commitment is to process your passport application within 8 business days from the time your application is received by a passport agency. This means you should receive your passport or denial letter within 3 weeks door-to-door**.

In terms of Canada / Mexico. There is a new option of just getting a Passport Card that allows you access when you're not traveling by air.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2015, 05:12 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I don't think so. In the post-9/11 world, you gotta get a passport to go outside the USA.

Thanks, Osama!!! Ninja
Are Canada and Mexico even real countries?

Hilarious how conservative we and other countries are about immigration, even for weekend vacations, yet the United States had 41 million illegal immigrants in 2013.

(08-13-2015, 05:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Bomb right under the seat.  

Touché.

Seat to my wheelchair is filled with gel..........  I could just make that all explosive material  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Is Canada a real country? Actually we just submitted our application for "Country" status to the rest of the World on July 31st. We had our request expedited. We got an email from the World saying our request could take up to 2-3 weeks to be approved.

In all seriousness, I hope you get your passport on time. Having to deal with passport issues is never fun. Hope you have fun when you get here (wherever in Canada it is you intend on going). 
Reply/Quote
I also hope you get that passport in time, been in a similar situation and ended up screwing up my plans.. Though I made up for it later, it sucked balls . xD
[Image: tFtivUoURYLbG.gif]
"From the great spirit was born the wolf, and man became it's messenger."
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 08:15 PM)MoneyCityManiac Wrote: Is Canada a real country? Actually we just submitted our application for "Country" status to the rest of the World on July 31st. We had our request expedited. We got an email from the World saying our request could take up to 2-3 weeks to be approved.

In all seriousness, I hope you get your passport on time. Having to deal with passport issues is never fun. Hope you have fun when you get here (wherever in Canada it is you intend on going). 

Windsor and then up to Toronto, eh?

Friend lives in Toronto and riding up with the bachelor and another friend, and I hear Windsor's a blast, so why wouldn't we stop, eh?

(08-14-2015, 08:18 PM)OkamiW Wrote: I also hope you get that passport in time, been in a similar situation and ended up screwing up my plans.. Though I made up for it later, it sucked balls . xD

Received an email saying that I would get on or about the 16th, eh?  ThumbsUp

Very much appreciated, eh?!?!
Reply/Quote
Passport came today, eh?

Going to be epic, eh?!
Reply/Quote

Entitlement, please stop
Reply/Quote