Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Long Will The Steelers Let Bell Screw up?
So, Bell missed multiple tests, which is the same as failing, and the Steelers are supposedly the "model franchise that everyone wants to be like and the Rooneys are the royal family of the NFL, so what message does it send to the fans and the entire NFL if they let a guy that keeps doping stay on the team?

How many more times can he screw up? They're going to let Matavis Bryant back after he's failed enough to get him suspended for an entire season, so what does that say about them?

Will the Steelers show their integrity, or the lack thereof?
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 09:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Will the Steelers their integrity of the lack thereof?

Huh?
Reply/Quote
Do we need another bell thread? He's a bit of a mess, we get it!

Reply/Quote
Uh we kept bringing back Chris Henry and a bunch of Bengals fans wanted Odell Thurman back for years after his banishment from the game. Are we really the fan base to be thumbing our noses at idiotic players?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 10:38 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Uh we kept bringing back Chris Henry and a bunch of Bengals fans wanted Odell Thurman back for years after his banishment from the game. Are we really the fan base to be thumbing our noses at idiotic players?
And we were bashed for it.

The Steelers are supposed to be the "model franchise" and are supposed to be so much better than us.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 09:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So, Bell missed multiple tests, which is the same as failing, and the Steelers are supposedly the "model franchise that everyone wants to be like and the Rooneys are the royal family of the NFL, so what message does it send to the fans and the entire NFL if they let a guy that keeps doping stay on the team?

How many more times can he screw up?  They're going to let Matavis Bryant back after he's failed enough to get him suspended for an entire season, so what does that say about them?

You would think, with such an upstanding organization, with him having trouble not puffing on the MJ, and with him having such trouble--so many times--getting to his scheduled drug tests; you'd think he would be a former Steeler by now. 

Maybe they're just like everyone else. Keep them around as long as they can still produce for you. 

He's probably another injury away from the scrap heap though. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 11:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You would think, with such an upstanding organization, with him having trouble not puffing on the MJ, and with him having such trouble--so many times--getting to his scheduled drug tests; you'd think he would be a former Steeler by now. 

Maybe they're just like everyone else. Keep them around as long as they can still produce for you. 

He's probably another injury away from the scrap heap though. 

They'll look the other way, and so will football fans and the media, the same way they did with Big Ben.

A Bengals player could get caught jaywalking and everyone would act like we just made Hitler our mascot, but a Steelers player could set fire to an orphanage and there would be nothing but silence.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 10:27 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Do we need another bell thread? He's a bit of a mess, we get it!

It's a good thread.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 12:11 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: They'll look the other way, and so will football fans and the media, the same way they did with Big Ben.

A Bengals player could get caught jaywalking and everyone would act like we just made Hitler our mascot, but a Steelers player could set fire to an orphanage and there would be nothing but silence.

The NFL as a whole is and always was a corrupt business.  The Steelers are not immune from this.  Anyone who thinks their franchise has the moral high ground over any other is deluded. 

Of course, you're bound to disagree with all of this, because - as a Steeler fan - I'm incapable of any logical or objective thought.  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 11:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And we were bashed for it.

The Steelers are supposed to be the "model franchise" and are supposed to be so much better than us.

Fair enough.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 07:53 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: because - as a Steeler fan - I'm incapable of any logical or objective thought. 

There a sig for someone.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2016, 10:38 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Uh we kept bringing back Chris Henry and a bunch of Bengals fans wanted Odell Thurman back for years after his banishment from the game. Are we really the fan base to be thumbing our noses at idiotic players?

We brought both of those guys back once. One died and the other got cut before the season started. Don't make them out to be Josh Gordons.

(07-24-2016, 09:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So, Bell missed multiple tests, which is the same as failing, and the Steelers are supposedly the "model franchise that everyone wants to be like and the Rooneys are the royal family of the NFL, so what message does it send to the fans and the entire NFL if they let a guy that keeps doping stay on the team?

How many more times can he screw up?  They're going to let Matavis Bryant back after he's failed enough to get him suspended for an entire season, so what does that say about them?

Bell is only on Level 2 of the program. Once he gets a year ban for screwing up again, then we can talk about  how many times they are letting him screw up.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 07:53 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The NFL as a whole is and always was a corrupt business.  The Steelers are not immune from this.  Anyone who thinks their franchise has the moral high ground over any other is deluded. 

Of course, you're bound to disagree with all of this, because - as a Steeler fan - I'm incapable of any logical or objective thought.  Rolleyes
Considering, once again, how the Steelers always claim to be the model franchise and their fans and organization think that they're better than everyone else, yes, you are a hypocrite now that your tone is changing to "no one is perfect."

I mean, how childish can you be?  It's like when a child gets caught doing something wrong and then says "well, Johnny did it, too."
(07-25-2016, 10:57 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Bell is only on Level 2 of the program. Once he gets a year ban for screwing up again, then we can talk about  how many times they are letting him screw up.

He missed MULTIPLE tests, though, so, while only being lumped into one punishment, they ARE letting him screw up.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 07:53 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The NFL as a whole is and always was a corrupt business.  The Steelers are not immune from this.  Anyone who thinks their franchise has the moral high ground over any other is deluded. 

Except the Pittsburgh Steelers have, and always will, maintain a positive image to media pundits & the NFL.

Seriously, the AFC North is a division know for assholes on their teams, particularly on defense.  Do the Steelers have the same asshole image as Baltimore got for Lewis and Suggs and Cincinatti got for Thurman, Burfict, and Jones? No.

How many rules were murky and had to be "clarified" when Pitt broke them? You now have not one occurrence with repeat drug violations, but two in the same year with crucial players. The NFL has used repeat occurrences to justify suspensions and team wide investigations, but not a single trace of that can be seen with Pitt right now. There's even a chance that Bell gets his suspension removed.

The only NFL pundits that I even see mentioning these inconsistencies is people from the Patriots camp. Ironically, if anyone has a right to be upset about this trend, it's them.

I'm glad you've "objectively" found that your team isn't on the moral high ground. Because if the fan base doesn't, no one else will.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 03:38 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Except the Pittsburgh Steelers have, and always will, maintain a positive image to media pundits & the NFL.

Seriously, the AFC North is a division know for assholes on their teams, particularly on defense.  Do the Steelers have the same asshole image as Baltimore got for Lewis and Suggs and Cincinatti got for Thurman, Burfict, and Jones? No.

How many rules were murky and had to be "clarified" when Pitt broke them? You now have not one occurrence with repeat drug violations, but two in the same year with crucial players. The NFL has used repeat occurrences to justify suspensions and team wide investigations, but not a single trace of that can be seen with Pitt right now. There's even a chance that Bell gets his suspension removed.

The only NFL pundits that I even see mentioning these inconsistencies is people from the Patriots camp. Ironically, if anyone has a right to be upset about this trend, it's them.

I'm glad you've "objectively" found that your team isn't on the moral high ground. Because if the fan base doesn't, no one else will.

Got em!

[Image: 917526.gif]

Reply/Quote

HuH, I knew Chris Henry got arrested for raping that 15 year old girl but I didn't know he was a dope head too. Poor guy.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 04:33 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: HuH, I knew Chris Henry got arrested for raping that 15 year old girl but I didn't know he was a dope head too. Poor guy.

There probably was no mention of Henry's weed smoking the Statutory Rapists quarterly newsletter you subscribe to. 
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Steelers themselves never claimed to be a model franchise, just a lot of misguided homer fans.

Given that this is an opposing teams trash-talking message board, I highly doubt any Steelers fans posting here would make that claim.

As far as how long Bell stays around...if these latest claims are true and he misses time again, my guess would be that he's gone after his rookie contract is up.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 04:33 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: HuH, I knew Chris Henry got arrested for raping that 15 year old girl but I didn't know he was a dope head too. Poor guy.

Got anything from this season, or at least last season and not 10 years ago?
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2016, 06:02 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The Steelers themselves never claimed to be a model franchise, just a lot of misguided homer fans.

Given that this is an opposing teams trash-talking message board, I highly doubt any Steelers fans posting here would make that claim.

This "moral high ground" monster is about as elusive as the "only talks about the Steelers 6 Super Bowls" boogeyman.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote