Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Mad Would You Be If Mike Brown Topped Himself With This?
How mad would you be if Mike Brown picked another first round choice this upcoming draft? Instead of Burrow he picked Tua or Young and had his usual reasoning for why he thinks "It will Work"?*

*No trading down for extra picks or anything at all like that, he just outright chose a different first rounder other than Joe.
Reply/Quote
Furious. That is all.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Paul Brown would be covered in Jet Fuel, than I'll walk over to our indoor practice facility and burn it down as well. How the **** do we not have a indoor practice facility. Joke is we don't have a indoor practice facility and fat and disgraced son of Paul Brown licks his lips about the insurance money.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:46 PM)GodFather Wrote: How mad would you be if Mike Brown picked another first round choice this upcoming draft? Instead of Burrow he picked Tua or Young and had his usual reasoning for why he thinks "It will Work"?*

*No trading down for extra picks or anything at all like that, he just outright chose a different first rounder other than Joe.

Taking the "extra picks" option off the table completely, Mike Brown is 95% likely to take Joe Burrow #1OA, 4.9% likely to take a different quarteback like Tua Tagovailoa, Jalen Hurts, or Justin Herbert, and 0.1% likely to choose a non-quarterback.  The man is stubborn, not stupid.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't care. Disappointed perhaps, but I've only had nearly my entire adult life to get used to Bungle moves..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 01:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Taking the "extra picks" option off the table completely, Mike Brown is 95% likely to take Joe Burrow #1OA, 4.9% likely to take a different quarteback like Tua Tagovailoa, Jalen Hurts, or Justin Herbert, and 0.1% likely to choose a non-quarterback.  The man is stubborn, not stupid.

You sure about that? Cant you make the argument some of his stubborn decisions were absolutely stupid?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:31 PM)GodFather Wrote: You sure about that? Cant you make the argument some of his stubborn decisions were absolutely stupid?

im sure you could make that arguement about anyone or anything.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:31 PM)GodFather Wrote: You sure about that? Cant you make the argument some of his stubborn decisions were absolutely stupid?

I think the point is that he saw the empty stadium last year with a bunch of lifeless fans.

Burrow would definitely bring back the energy and excitement to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I expect that he will trade back and then trade back up to number 1, have less picks than he started with and then select Justin Herbert.
Reply/Quote
The feeling I'm getting is this....

Burrow will do and say all the right things. On draft day he will come on stage after being pick and state, "I will not play in the NFL if I play for the Bengals."

Brown will trade with the Dolphins for two of their 1st round picks and a 3rd rounder. They plan to use the 5th pick in the first round on Herbert; however, the Steelers will sneak into the 4th pick and select him. Than the Bengals will decide to trade back within the top 10 to select Tua however, the team they trade with ends up selecting him.

That will be a typical Bungles draft scenario where things simply go wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:38 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think the point is that he saw the empty stadium last year with a bunch of lifeless fans.

Burrow would definitely bring back the energy and excitement to the Bengals.

I NEED 4 tix to the Dallas game; please don't drive up the cost or scarcity, people! PLEASE!!!!!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:55 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: The feeling I'm getting is this....

Burrow will do and say all the right things. On draft day he will come on stage after being pick and state, "I will not play in the NFL if I play for the Bengals."

Brown will trade with the Dolphins for two of their 1st round picks and a 3rd rounder. They plan to use the 5th pick in the first round on Herbert; however, the Steelers will sneak into the 4th pick and select him. Than the Bengals will decide to trade back within the top 10 to select Tua however, the team they trade with ends up selecting him.

And I thought your other posts were delusional...
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And I thought your other posts were delusional...

I was creating worst case scenario...that is all. 

Also, this would seem probable given the Bengals string of bad luck over the years. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:10 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: I was creating worst case scenario...that is all. 

Also, this would seem probable given the Bengals string of bad luck over the years. 

Sorry, the, "the feeling I'm getting is this," insinuated that you thought that would happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 12:46 PM)GodFather Wrote: How mad would you be if Mike Brown picked another first round choice this upcoming draft? Instead of Burrow he picked Tua or Young and had his usual reasoning for why he thinks "It will Work"?*

Would be insanely angry, Joe is the sure pick. QB's like him don't come around often, he is a generational talent.
Reply/Quote
If it was Tua, I'd be worried about injury but it'd still be an elite QB when healthy.
I'd have cautious optimism.
I really liked a healthy Tua more than most though.
It'd also fit the narrative of drafting a 1st rounder who came in hurt.

If it were anyone else, I'd pick a different team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:55 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: The feeling I'm getting is this....

I disagree.

Burrow was on radio saying how he was considered undraftable a year ago.
From hearing him talk, he seems like he'd welcome going to any team because of the opportunity.

Now, if you were talking about the worry of him going elsewhere after his rookie contract is up if he doesn't like being with the Bengals by then, I think that's actually somewhat probable.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He's only about selling tickets right? He's going to get Burrow. Would like to see AJ stay for a bit, but he's old and his contract probably won't be worth it.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: im sure you could make that arguement about anyone or anything.

Mike Brown takes it to the next level..
Reply/Quote
Ive put up with alot as fan of this team. This would be the straw that broke the camels back. I would no longer be a fan of this team until Mike brown left and would quit watching NFL football almost altogether
Reply/Quote