Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Games Does Cincy Need To Win To Make Playoffs?
Bengals have 8 games left in the second half of this season and the AFC is very tight going into it and wide open. My question to everyone is how many games do the Bengals need to win out of the next 8 to make the playoffs?

NOT how many games do you think they will win but how many games do they NEED to win to make it to the post season.

I think they are going to have to go 6 of 8 if they want to make it into the playoffs. I was teetering on 5 but there are too many other factors involved and can see it going into a tiebreaker scenario with the records so close to one another. Looks like the Bills and Pats will be division winners and one wild card team if things continue down the same path, which would leave one other team for wild card in my scenario. You would have the Chargers/Raiders/Chiefs to contend with and then obviously our division.
Reply/Quote
You got me feeling the opposite of the dumb and dumber meme…

So you’re saying there’s NOT a chance??
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 04:21 PM)GodFather Wrote: Bengals have 8 games left in the second half of this season and the AFC is very tight going into it and wide open. My question to everyone is how many games do the Bengals need to win out of the next 8 to make the playoffs?

NOT how many games do you think they will win but how many games do they NEED to win to make it to the post season.

I think they are going to have to go 6 of 8 if they want to make it into the playoffs. I was teetering on 5 but there are too many other factors involved and can see it going into a tiebreaker scenario with the records so close to one another. Looks like the Bills and Pats will be division winners and one wild card team if things continue down the same path,  which would leave one other team for wild card in my scenario. You would have the Chargers/Raiders/Chiefs to contend with and then obviously our division.

Unless I'm reading your post, you're stating there's only 2 WC spots which is wrong. I think 5 could be enough as long as those 5 include both LVR and LAC
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 04:21 PM)GodFather Wrote: Bengals have 8 games left in the second half of this season and the AFC is very tight going into it and wide open. My question to everyone is how many games do the Bengals need to win out of the next 8 to make the playoffs?

I think they are going to have to go 6 of 8 if they want to make it into the playoffs. I was teetering on 5 but there are too many other factors involved and can see it going into a tiebreaker scenario with the records so close to one another. Looks like the Bills and Pats will be division winners and one wild card team if things continue down the same path,  which would leave one other team for wild card in my scenario. You would have the Chargers/Raiders/Chiefs to contend with and then obviously our division.

I used to think 10 wins would get them in, but with NE and the Chiefs picking up the pace, i think they're going to need to win 11 to get in the playoffs. 

In the past, 10 games was usually the mark you would shoot for. But with the 17th game added to the schedule, i think you need to up that by 1. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Too many.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
9 will be in the running for that 6th/7th wildcard.
Reply/Quote
I’ll be surprised if the 7 seed is better than 10-7.
Reply/Quote
More than the rest of the AFC North.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Believe 10 will do the trick, yet the trick is getting the 10 wins.

Said before the season that I thought the Bengals would be on the bubble with 9 or 10 wins and sticking with that prediction.

Hoping for 11 or 12 still though

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 05:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I used to think 10 wins would get them in, but with NE and the Chiefs picking up the pace, i think they're going to need to win 11 to get in the playoffs. 

In the past, 10 games was usually the mark you would shoot for. But with the 17th game added to the schedule, i think you need to up that by 1. 

I agree

I'm just not so sure 10 wins will do it anymore ?
Reply/Quote
8 more and we're at 13-4. I kind of doubt we're going to make it to that, but 10 will at least get us close. I think 10 will make it if it comes down to tie breakers..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2021, 10:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: 8 more and we're at 13-4. I kind of doubt we're going to make it to that, but 10 will at least get us close. I think 10 will make it if it comes down to tie breakers..

I think 10 wins does the trick as long as we take care of the remaining games in our division, because it could come down to tiebreakers even in the division alone.
Reply/Quote
I don't see 8 teams winning 10 games in the AFC. I'd say if we win 10 we are in.
Reply/Quote