Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Players Away Do YOU Think We Are?
(12-16-2018, 11:36 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: So it's kind of a loaded question.

In reality, if you look back to the accomplishments of the beginning of the season, the answer is zero.

With a good scheme and each side of the ball and healthy starters, we are good to go.

But to overcome injuries, we need better depth, so I would say we are 3 guys away in that regard, 1 OT and 2 LBs.

Stepping out if the moment, and adding a little perspective. That's kinda refreshing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 12:41 PM)jason Wrote: This time 4 years ago we thought the same thing about Jeremy Hill. I like Bates, and I hope he does pan out, but that seemed to be borderline hyperbole to me. He has been a bright spot on a turd of a defense though...

WJ3 looked like a stud his rookie year too and has regressed a bit.

Bates will at the very least probably be the best safety we’ve had since Reggie Nelson though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Does anyone actually watch the whole offense play? Look at the 1.5 seconds after the ball is snapped. The defense is backfield like the buffet just opened up. No QB does well under that kind of pressure. I see how often that once Dalton drops back, he has a D-lineman on him before he even sets. Looking at other teams where the QB drops back, sits, surveys and releases just hasn't happened here. Look at the bad games Brees and Brady have. They, the future Hall of Famers, can't do it, but you expect some pretty decent QB to do it? Be real.

Does Brady suck since he couldn't carry the Pats on his back to beat the Dolphins. Does the Steelers just need a good quarterback or they would have won the last three games? It is a team sport. It is not likely for any one or two players to overcome the massive lacking in every other position on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 12:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WJ3 looked like a stud his rookie year too and has regressed a bit.

Bates will at the very least probably be the best safety we’ve had since Reggie Nelson though.

He already is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 12:56 PM)Destro Wrote: Does anyone actually watch the whole offense play? Look at the 1.5 seconds after the ball is snapped. The defense is backfield like the buffet just opened up. No QB does well under that kind of pressure. I see how often that once Dalton drops back, he has a D-lineman on him before he even sets. Looking at other teams where the QB drops back, sits, surveys and releases just hasn't happened here. Look at the bad games Brees and Brady have. They, the future Hall of Famers, can't do it, but you expect some pretty decent QB to do it? Be real.

Does Brady suck since he couldn't carry the Pats on his back to beat the Dolphins. Does the Steelers just need a good quarterback or they would have won the last three games? It is a team sport. It is not likely for any one or two players to overcome the massive lacking in every other position on the field.

100% agree

And what's so frustrating is they know Dalton has to have a stout Oline yet they continued to try and nickel and dime it up front and watch another QB waste away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote