Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How Many Points Will We Need to Score to Win Against KC?
I know. I know. More than they score. But give me a number. How many will it take to win? James Rapien says we need to put up a 40-burger. What's your magic number ?
Reply/Quote
Just one more than what ever the Chiefs score. But 40 sounds about just right.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Impossible to say obviously. But the answer is up to our D, if they keep them in the 20’s I’ll be very happy. If it’s a full on shootout I doubt we win, they’re more seasoned than us at that at the moment.
Our D repeats the 2nd half of our last KC game then oh yeah baby.
Reply/Quote
In going w 40 as well
Reply/Quote
I'm feeling 30 - 27, with us driving at the end for Shooter to win it.

Or 30 - 24, with them driving at the end and Jessie Bates knocking one loose to keep them out of the end zone for a clinch. (The mass Southwestern Ohio heart attack scenario...)

If they start scoring well over 30, I just don't know...I think our D is capable of keeping them in the 20's though.
Reply/Quote
There is no way to say. Tennessee held them to 3 points, Green Bay held them to 13. They regularly put up 30 points though. There is no way to know. We need one more point than they get.
Reply/Quote
If our defense can play the way that they did the second half of our last matchup (holding them to 3 points), I'm not trying to be a homer, but it could be a long day for KC. I doubt we can replicate that again, especially in the first half.

OP: I'm gonna say at least 42 if its a shootout like a lot of people think. I just believe our defense is hungry af right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:20 AM)Takedown Wrote: If our defense can play the way that they did the second half of our last matchup (holding them to 3 points), I'm not trying to be a homer, but it could be a long day for KC. I doubt we can replicate that again, especially in the first half.

OP: I'm gonna say at least 42 if its a shootout like a lot of people think. I just believe our defense is hungry af right now.

The Chiefs offense is 100x better than Tennessees. They can actually throw the football. Mahomes can scramble. They have a good screen game. Kelce is an elite tight end. Tennessee has none of this. We saw what happened last game. There isn’t a chance we hold them to 3
points in a half, this games going to be a shootout and whoever hits 30 first will win.
Reply/Quote
Please no more dropped woulda/coulda/shoulda INTs.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:56 AM)AlphaBengal Wrote: The Chiefs offense is 100x better than Tennessees. They can actually throw the football. Mahomes can scramble. They have a good screen game. Kelce is an elite tight end. Tennessee has none of this. We saw what happened last game. There isn’t a chance we hold them to 3
points in a half, this games going to be a shootout and whoever hits 30 first will win.

Obviously.

We held them to 3 in the second half last time. Our defense is capable. Will they do it again? Doubtful, but possible. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:56 AM)AlphaBengal Wrote: The Chiefs offense is 100x better than Tennessees. They can actually throw the football. Mahomes can scramble. They have a good screen game. Kelce is an elite tight end. Tennessee has none of this. We saw what happened last game. There isn’t a chance we hold them to 3
points in a half,
this games going to be a shootout and whoever hits 30 first will win.

Ummmmm........Confused
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ummmmm........Confused

Thank you lol
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 04:35 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I know. I know. More than they score. But give me a number. How many will it take to win?  James Rapien says we need to put up a 40-burger.  What's your magic number ?

I could see it being almost exactly like Round 1.  34 points should do it if the defense can get just a few stops.  I have a feeling that Mixon will be a bigger part of this game as well.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 09:20 AM)Takedown Wrote: If our defense can play the way that they did the second half of our last matchup (holding them to 3 points), I'm not trying to be a homer, but it could be a long day for KC. I doubt we can replicate that again, especially in the first half.

I just rewatched that game. They had 21 pts in the first 17 minutes of football, and then 3 the second half. The bengals limited them to 3 drives in the second half and they had 6 in the first half alone. The bengals were able to bring pressure on blitzes and force mahomes to throw it away, which is almost as good as a sack.

I think 34 pts at a minimum is needed to win this game. The chiefs easily put up 21 pts in no time.
Reply/Quote

When it gets to the conference championships coaching becomes more important. All the teams have some superstars. KC wasn’t ready for the Bengals playmakers last month. They will be this time. The Bengals have really matured as a staff, as players, and as a team. I think for the Bengals to win the game they have to get the running game going and the pass protection. KC has to play better defense. The Bengals are going to have to score a minimum 28 points. Probably more. They have to win the strategy of how KC is going to defend Chase. It’s likely they choose to eliminate him. In that case they’ve got to gameplan for Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. If KC is going to win it’s got to take advantage of KC’s double teaming of Chase.

It’s all about visualizing during game week how the game is going to play out correctly and having a plan.
Reply/Quote
Teams rarely score 40+ in 3 consecutive games. Last time KC scored 40+ in 2 straight, they scored 27 in the next game (2018 vs Ravens). KC is good, but even the best teams regress back to the mean.

I'd say we need 35 and a good defensive effort to keep them between 27 and 34 points.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 04:35 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I know. I know. More than they score. But give me a number. How many will it take to win?  James Rapien says we need to put up a 40-burger.  What's your magic number ?

1 more than they score against us
Reply/Quote
Wevheld them to 3 in an entire half last time, and remember this same offense putting up 9 in the Super Bowl? They're very good but not unstoppable.
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking low to mid-30s secures this (34 points is my cap). So many are expecting a total shootout. It could be. I'm just putting more faith on the Bengals D this week than taking defense out for both teams and expecting Burrow and Mahomes to just chuck it all day. I think offenses will factor in most definitely, but I'm not expecting the teams to be hitting 40 burgers the way our D has been hot lately.
Reply/Quote
In all of Kansas City's regular season losses, the opposing team usually had to score 30 points at minimum. So 30 is the bar to clear.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote