Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Cap Space Do We Have Now?
Thanks for keeping the info coming, I've updated to reflect all known changes so far.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 12:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sounds about right. Seeing how the Pats have sat and watched these other QB's fly off the shelves, I'd guess they're playing the waiting game with us. If so, we'll be choosing between (maybe) a 4th round pick or just cutting Dalton so we can actually sign other players.

If this really is the case, I think getting that cap space now is more valuable than any possible draft compensation.

Not typically how MB operates.  If they don't get what they want for Dalton I can see them keeping him for 2 reasons:  1) Would be a great mentor for Burrow, 2) Some team will lose its QB early in the season and Dalton is the perfect pick up because he's a quick study veteran.  

I get you don't pay a back up 17m but if anyone is patient its MB.  It will work itself out somehow, either now or later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 09:27 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Not typically how MB operates.  If they don't get what they want for Dalton I can see them keeping him for 2 reasons:  1) Would be a great mentor for Burrow, 2) Some team will lose its QB early in the season and Dalton is the perfect pick up because he's a quick study veteran.  

I get you don't pay a back up 17m but if anyone is patient its MB.  It will work itself out somehow, either now or later.

I know it's not how Mikey operates. I just know what's better for the team. You have to put extra emphasis on turning this team around quickly with Burrow. That means spending every free dime on improving the roster. $17 million is a huge chunk. That could be 2-3 very solid players on a roster that sorely needs them now.

I take that over a 2nd (being very generous) to 4th round pick later down the road, and another $17 million that likely stays in Mikey's pocket.
But that's just me I guess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote