Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Do You Spend?
I've spent $0 as all my Bengals related stuff are gifts. Plan on seeing them in person for the 1st time ever this year as they're slated to come to AZ this season. Going to try and get some good seats so could be a decent chunk this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Since I've had 3 kids in the last year and a half... $0

edit: actually I lied. I bought some bengals Jerseys last year to send to my nephews who live in Minnesota. My brother in law's kids like the Bengals lol
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2023, 10:02 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: How much money do you spend a year on the Bengals?  Jerseys, tickets, apparel, food, travel, etc...  

WHO DEY!!

Nice try, IRS!

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-kicks-off-2023-tax-filing-season-with-returns-due-april-18

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not that much anymore.

Used to buy four tickets to every game- one for me, one for whoever would drive me, and then I’d sell the other two to friends- and we’d spend money in the stadium on food and drinks.

I’d like to still go but able-bodied people buy all the crippled tickets.

I’ll still buy some clothing and jerseys whenever the player gets traded or retires.

Just spend a lot on food and drinks wherever we go to watch games still.

I travel to some games, so flight and maybe hotel.

Spent A LOT on them over the years.
Reply/Quote
I'm still in the business of bankrupting the Brown family fortune so I spend zero.. I know, I know..I'm not a REAL fan if I don't buy NFL crap.. I've lived with that heavy burden my entire life so you don't have to..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 07:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nice try, IRS!

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-kicks-off-2023-tax-filing-season-with-returns-due-april-18

Ninja

LOL!!   Tongue  dang it too obvious! LOL!!
Reply/Quote
I hadn't bought anything in years, but after the Super Bowl I went on a mini-spree. I bought a Joe Burrow Super Bowl jersey, a mini-helmet with a display case, a pennant, a couple shirts and a hat.

That said, I think I'm all set for awhile.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Before 2021, I had spent 0 dollars because I refused to buy any merchandise for a franchise that hadn't won a single playoff game in 30 years.

After our playoff win over the Raiders, I bought myself a Burrow Jersey and my son a Chase jersey, so that was probably in the 150 to 200 dollar ballpark.
Reply/Quote
What is this "money" thing that so many of you cheerfully talk about "spending"?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
4 season tickets and a bunch of merch. Most of my merch comes from a local store called cincy shirts. My jerseys are (nice) knock offs from traders world.
Reply/Quote
I like to go to about 3 or 4 games a year but there's a decent bit of travel costs. I used to buy jersey's all the time but my little brother pointed out that I don't actually wear them so I haven't done that in a year or two. I buy a new Bengals hat just about every year and I pretty much wear one all the time. This past Christmas I did go overboard and bought a ton of cheap Bengals gear for all my Steeler fan family.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I've had two tickets in the south end zone since 2004. That's a couple grand a year and I go with my adult sons. I'm lucky that I live close and can afford it. The experiences I've had down there are worth every penny. All of you young dads, when your kids are old enough I hope you can treat yourself and them.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 08:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What is this "money" thing that so many of you cheerfully talk about "spending"?

1 left arm, 1 right leg and both testicals ..That's why you always see so many 1 legged guys leaning the wrong way and crying a lot in the stands during Bengals games...has nothing to do with the score.  Sad

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Flights,hotels,tickets and spending money probably around 7k British so about 8/9k US used to be a lot cheaper before the world went to shit.

In a predicament this year as had San Francisco on the bucket list for years but really want to be in Cincinnati for a couple of weeks for a play off game need to see what happens with the schedule.

Was really pissed of when I was over in December and the club shop didn’t have any colour rush shirts although doesn’t surprise me because every time I’ve been in there it seems like an amateur operation and the manager got the job through collection cereal tokens.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 12:48 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Bout tree fiddy

WHAT?! You gave that damn monster another tree fiddy? 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 09:47 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Flights,hotels,tickets and spending money probably around 7k British so about 8/9k US used to be a lot cheaper before the world went to shit.

In a predicament this year as had San Francisco on the bucket list for years but really want to be in Cincinnati for a couple of weeks for a play off game need to see what happens with the schedule.

Was really pissed of when I was over in December and the club shop didn’t have any colour rush shirts although doesn’t surprise me because every time I’ve been in there it seems like an amateur operation and the manager got the job through collection cereal tokens.
Wow..and all this time I thought WWII kind of settled the matter of the US being some fly by night operation on our side of the pond. Who knew the Cincinnati Bengals were going to reignite these nationalistic inter-North Atlantic rivalries with sovereign wealth matters?  After all, you did kick Spain's ass with that whole armata thing.. Who am I to question the kings word?  You are speaking for Charlie and the rest of those former Krauts, right?   
I'm not reading too much into this am I? We're not having another war over whether the Bengals stock the right jerseys while you're here are we? 

Reply/Quote